• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Console FPS scene should just be Halo CE 1v1 and 2v2, Shadowrun 4v4's (6v6 is good too), play those forever.

Real question to all Halo fans:

Why are you afraid of Halo Combat Evolved gameplay mechanics? This means the weapon sandbox, the gameplay mechanics, the powerups, the static timed power weapons/powerups...

Why are so many of you afraid of it?

Why are you afraid of Halo Combat Evolved gameplay mechanics? This means the weapon sandbox, the gameplay mechanics, the powerups, the static timed power weapons/powerups...

People don't like to feel challenged or the reality of being shit on the first time they play. They want to all powerful which is why people apparently like sprint and AAs. And/or they are just not very good.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
People don't like to feel challenged or the reality of being shit on the first time they play. They want to all powerful which is why people apparently like sprint and AAs. And/or they are just not very good.

I must ask...how is Starcraft II even remotely successful as a franchise because my first 20-something games, I was completely shat on game after game and remain in bronze league forever.

I must ask...how is Starcraft II even remotely successful as a franchise because my first 20-something games, I was completely shat on game after game and remain in bronze league forever.

I'm specifically talking about FPS. I don't know why this is the case. I also think 343 just completely ignores or is ignorant to the fact that competitive games/HARD games are extremely popular now. They are so far behind and trying to play catch up. The most popular games right now are Mobas, CSGO, Survival games, and various Blizzard games. ALL which are very difficult to get good at. Meanwhile, Halo wants to hold your hand and pat you on the back every time you do something good.

Booshka

Try being less confrontational, you set a condescending tone by this type of wording. So the responses will be particularly snarky and sarcastic, or you will just get ignored.

Halo CE is old and hard to get into, it wasn't easy to play online, new games were on XBL and easy to hook up with friends and play. I would have played a lot more CE myself if XBC wasn't so bad for west coast, and if I had a consistent 2v2 partner, or a decent Local LAN scene. It just wasn't convenient, and people less dedicated to the game are certainly not gonna try and set up XBC games when H2 XBL is the hot shit and all their friends are on it.

RSB

Banned

Well, it is pretty obvious. Halo CE gameplay is so good it's scary.

But seriously though, Halo CE is still my favorite console FPS when it comes to the core gameplay. It just feels so good. Love it.

Trey

If it's fun, and "like Halo," I'll play it. Halo 4 is the most divergent game in the series and yet it plays more similar to the shooter I prefer than any other franchise on the market.

Zoolader

Melt off my johnson with a heated alien computer you say? Sounds like solid life advice.

jmungS5o3uh7Y.png

With all the comments being made in this thread concerning halo MCC it's funny that this is what you come out to respond to

Or maybe it's basically useless to comment on a lot of stuff because people will be vitriolic regardless of what you actually say, as you just demonstrated.

Or maybe it's basically useless to comment on a lot of stuff because people will be vitriolic regardless of what you actually say, as you just demonstrated.

To be completely silent with all the major questions being asked here, then coming out the blue to comment on a random montage video will draw questions, it's not about being vitriolic

Madness

To be completely silent with all the major questions being asked here, then coming out the blue to comment on a random montage video will draw questions, it's not about being vitriolic

You do realize that Tashi was from this community before he was hired at 343 right? Plus he was commenting on his own montage. Obviously he's aware of the problems, like almost every fan and 343 employee is, but maybe he's not authorized to answer questions, or maybe he doesn't even know the answer to the questions? Remember they don't have a duty to come here and answer stuff.

It wouldn't have, except from you trying too hard. He's a community member commenting on a community thing he (very actively) participated in... with literally two words.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
With all the comments being made in this thread concerning halo MCC it's funny that this is what you come out to respond to

There's not much of anything for me to add than what's been said through official channels. I'm really just a HaloGAF'er with lots of friends here that I've made over the years.

-Ryn

Banned
All I want for a legendary edition is a Mark V helmet with a built in mic and surround sound. I will pay all the monies.

I actually had a thought of making a Pro team montage. Those guys pull off some insane shit.
Please do.

Throw in some clips of you guys as well. I'll bet there are/will be some crazy plays and whacky hijinx waiting to be seen.

I was camping, and I was winning and I wasn't going to stop camping and nobody deserves to have to watch or endure that. Let's dong on scrubs.
A gentleman and a scholar you are

jem0208

The flood is scary man.

Top Bottom