• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

I don't think Chief is going to be compelled to run. His reception post Halo 4 as shown in the comics is warm and he's still on active duty. It's pretty clear the brass is on Chief's side—after all they sacked Del Rio for leaving him behind. ONI might have its own reasons for hunting him down, but I think it's more likely Chief goes AWOL of his own volition.

Yeah, I think they've set up a Chief firmly disillusioned with the growing power of ONI.

I just assumed Halo 5 would be about Chief hunting down Halsey to resurrect/fix Cortana while Locke hunts down Chief because of that Librarian genesong stuff.

EDIT: Perhaps Chief bails when he finds a message Cortana left him pointing to some space magicky thing that might fix her/save the universe, and that's where we get the desert War Sphinx.

Yeah, I think they've set up a Chief firmly disillusioned with the growing power of ONI.

I just assumed Halo 5 would be about Chief hunting down Halsey to resurrect/fix Cortana while Locke hunts down Chief because of that Librarian genesong stuff.

EDIT: Perhaps Chief bails when he finds a message Cortana left him pointing to some space magicky thing that might fix her/save the universe, and that's where we get the desert War Sphinx.

I'm thinking it goes like this:

-Chief is assigned to find Halsey.
-Chief catches up to Halsey, they talk, she convinces him she can bring Cortana "back," but only if he brings her Mendicant Bias.
-Chief goes AWOL to hunt for Mendicant Bias (who's being guarded by the War Sphinx), letting Halsey escape in the process.
-Locke is sent after Chief.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

-Chief catches up to Halsey, they talk, she convinces him she can bring Cortana "back," but only if he brings her Mendicant Bias.
-Chief goes AWOL to hunt for Mendicant Bias (who's being guarded by the War Sphinx), letting Halsey escape in the process.

If they go this route (or any route that reference non-game material) they had better explain in game what everything is, and do it clearly. That was the issue with 4. People playing will have no idea what Mendicant Bias is (not even sure I remember) and they need to explain in game with cutscenes and not hide it in terminals.

I'm fine with them using some of the book stuff, but they have to make sure people know what they are talking about.

Glass

Basically the end of Halo 4 tells us all we need to know.

-Chief has his evolution sped up by the Librarian

I hope nothing more comes of this, it meant he survived the Didact attack on the station, that should be it. Not that I fully understand what it means since the exposition part of the campiagn came at me way too thick and fast.

H4 had the two story threads, the Didact ressurecting prometheans and Cortana's rampancy, humanising Chief. I wonder what the second thread is in H5, the first being Locke and AWOL Chief. Hope we don't have to wait til E3 for some sort of reveal.

If they go this route (or any route that reference non-game material) they had better explain in game what everything is, and do it clearly. That was the issue with 4. People playing will have no idea what Mendicant Bias is (not even sure I remember) and they need to explain in game with cutscenes and not hide it in terminals.

I'm fine with them using some of the book stuff, but they have to make sure people know what they are talking about.

I think it wouldn't be that hard. Just have Halsey say that she needs "an ancient Forerunner superintelligence," fill in the rest of the details as they go. Naturally, Chief doesn't find out about the "sided with the Flood" thing until he's let the genie out of the bottle :p

I like this. I wonder if they'll make the narrative somewhat nonlinear, otherwise you'd be just Locke for the last half or so when it really seems like it should alternate between the two.

Its time for Halo legends 2

Madness

Here's something that's been worked on for the last week or so.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection: 100 Days Later.

Perfect read. I wish this is read by everyone, fans, 343 employees and other games journalists as well. Damn, I knew the Sandbox lighting wasn't fixed. Because when I went for the skull, it still looked bad. Someone here said it was fixed. Just a drop in the bucket. I also don't know how they're going to integrate ODST for some in the UI, but not for others who don't have it.

Also, pretty dumb that the UI shows H5 beta now greyed out, rather than removed. Who honestly thought making it a permanent part of the UI for a 3 week beta was smart?

Pretty sure I have the Halo 5 plot nailed down.

Basically the end of Halo 4 tells us all we need to know.

-Chief has his evolution sped up by the Librarian
-Cortana begs Chief to never tell of how bad she got

Here's what is going to go down. ONI is gonna question him. "Hey, why did you let the Didact escape Requiem? Why did you crash your ship into Ivanoff Station?" etc etc. He can't and wont blame them on Cortana. Then he will have to answer to his disobeying of Del Rio's orders and stealing a Pelican. And the big kicker, why was Chief able to survive the Composer?

ONI gives Chief 2 options.
1. They pronounce him MIA after the explosion of Didacts Ship and basically tell him he will be remembered as the greatest Spartan who ever lived. They will then tell him that donating his 50 year old body to science would benefit all of Humanity as Chief now holds the evolutionary keys and immunization to the Composer key.

2. They take him to military court for his actions against Del Rio, stolen Pelican etc and his punishment will be death. In which case ONI will still get to do their research. It's Chief's call on how he will be remembered.

Chief has only one option, to run.

ONI needs Chief's body back, and functioning when it gets there. Chief has become ONI's prey. The hunter? Locke. Experience both sides of the story as both hunter and hunted.

Damn son that gonna be cray.
I sseriously doubt any of that.
Del rio Actually get Booted for Trying to leave chief on Requiem.
Chief Actually starts working with UNSC at first but ends up using himself and his team for him own mean(Halo escalation)
Chief Goes off on his own(hoping hes still with blue team) to try to find something out (Cortana) or Find Halsey

Halsey is likley trying to link back up with Chief as well, She knows Chiefs importants likely more then ONI or UNSC, and seeing as it highly likely that chief is also looking for her i think them meeting up is likely

Also
Watch this to get a full effect of everything going on(for the most part
Halo Complete Saga (warning 11 hrs long but well worth it.
also take escalation into account(kind of wish Escalation was playable in spartan opps)

RBK

Banned
Makes me wonder if MCC will get updated after Halo 5 launchs.

If they get it in an acceptable state before than, not much else needs to be except simple playlists managements.

Plenty of time before September/November unless 343 just sits on their asses until then.

3v3 CE is legit. Hopefully they keep it as that and just add CE to the Doubles playlist in the first voting slot.

CE will probably rarely win the vote otherwise, but imagine if there was a way to tell Matchmaking to only search for X Halo game when searching in the Doubles playlist? ;[

FyreWulff

3v3 CE is legit. Hopefully they keep it as that and just add CE to the Doubles playlist in the first voting slot.

CE will probably rarely win the vote otherwise, but imagine if there was a way to tell Matchmaking to only search for X Halo game when searching in the Doubles playlist? ;[

A hard toggle would increase search times. What could be interesting would be something like Section 8 Prejudice, where you check off the Halo games you prefer, and it weighs the preferences for everyone in the game and is more likely to show the preferred game.

Welfare

A hard toggle would increase search times. What could be interesting would be something like Section 8 Prejudice, where you check off the Halo games you prefer, and it weighs the preferences for everyone in the game and is more likely to show the preferred game.

Or do what Starcraft does, and just check off maps you would rather not play on. Fuck voting on maps.

dwells

Multiplayer betas of Halo titles in the past have had neat little badges/logos that went with them:

fH6YsZM.png
rMpI22I.png

I thought it was only appropriate that the more recent unfinished title be given the same treatment, so I whipped these up:

They make great avatars, too!

Tawpgun

100 days later: A story about incompetence, lies, and heartbreak. Join TeamBeyond as they journey through the past 100 days of lies, deceit, "More on that later", and overall shocking incompetence from all parties involved. I'm glad to see media call out this game so 343/MS doesn't get away with this highway robbery.

TLDR It's a very good summation of the past 100 days.

http://teambeyond.net/halo-the-master-chief-collection-100-days-later/

"Regardless of what was going on at 343 Industries, being silent for 26 hours was just mental."

lol

MCC is just a goddamn tragedy all around. Dunno whats up with Dan Ayoub but as producer of the damn thing I think he should be more active.

Mix

Wouldn't that be a cool reason for chief to go back to
Reach
? If he intercepts Halsey and she tells him that he can revive Cortana by doing something back at her lab there?

TTUVAPOR

Banned
That was you?

Aha, I was quite excited for a second when I saw that thread. Ah well, the thread was pretty entertaining at least :p

Yes. To be honest, I never read the rules on OTs which I was never directed to once I had my membership approved here. This is the OT FAQ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449749

Would have been nice to have been directed to that first thing...but oh well. Also, I've been banned for posting ******** stats...and when I got banned, the note to me was "no ********". (wow...even saying it is banned? LOL....well I'll just say sales charts...I'm sure people can figure out what I was banned for posting) I was like...wha??? Where does it actually say that? How about linking me to the actual rule so I can educate myself?

It's like when you get pulled over by cops for breaking some oblivious law that you literally didn't even know existed...most cops will just give you a warning if they find that you "really" didn't know.

Oh wells. ;) All is good. I can't create threads till Rainbow Six Siege releases. :(

Wouldn't that be a cool reason for chief to go back to
Reach
? If he intercepts Halsey and she tells him that he can revive Cortana by doing something back at her lab there?

I think the game should start there, actually. Blue Team heads into Halsey's lab searching for a clue as to what she might be doing now that she's got a Covenant splinter faction wrapped around her little finger.

EDIT: Oh, right, lab got blown up.

Yeah the "only" was hyperbole on my part as it would definitely be better to do it this way lol

Section 8 Prejudice was the game you dropped in from the sky a la ODST, right? How was that for every spawn, did it become tiresome? I always wanted something similar for Halo BTB.

Voting or just randomizing between 2 tied maps needs to come back. It sucks having the same amount of people wanting to play CE or 2 and 4 getting picked because somehow it was in the first slot.

Yeah, ties need to be randomized.

For others, I kind of like the idea of offering a vote, and then a veto. If a majority of people veto the map (which would, after all, be chosen by a plurality), the runner up is selected.

Multiplayer betas of Halo titles in the past have had neat little badges/logos that went with them:

fH6YsZM.png
rMpI22I.png

I thought it was only appropriate that the more recent unfinished title be given the same treatment, so I whipped these up:

Thank you Dwells! New avatar coming...soon ;)

Ghazi

fH6YsZM.png
rMpI22I.png

Can I grab the second one, or is it taken?

Top Bottom