• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Haruko

Uh yeah Mix, there's not exactly a lab to go back to--
both Sword Base and the subterranean facility were destroyed.

Could Halsey have another backup secret lab on a different planet?
Or am I just too tolerant of ass-pulls thanks to Kubo Tite?

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Real question, if MCC gets fixed, and by fixed, I mean ranked playlists across the board for all the MCC games, e.g., H2 classic, HCE, H3, H4, HCS, etc...why bother buying Halo 5?

If we get what was promised to us in the beginning prior to MCC launching...I don't see a reason why to get Halo 5, I'd rather save myself the trouble.

willow ve

Games need to go back to the veto option. You're given one choice. Either vote up or down. Second map shown is the one you play - no more voting.

Real question, if MCC gets fixed, and by fixed, I mean ranked playlists across the board for all the MCC games, e.g., H2 classic, HCE, H3, H4, HCS, etc...why bother buying Halo 5?

If we get what was promised to us in the beginning prior to MCC launching...I don't see a reason why to get Halo 5, I'd rather save myself the trouble.

I like Halo 5.

So I'd probably get it because of that.

This is a dumb question.

Halo 5 is a different game, a lot of people on HaloGAF like that different game, I don't get your logic.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Halo 5 is a different game, a lot of people on HaloGAF like that different game, I don't get your logic.

Maybe I should have worded it better. It's mainly directed at people who are hardcore Halo purists, diehards for the respective games of HCE, Halo 2, Halo 3, etc. If MCC essentially gets completely fixed...why bother moving on to Halo 5, which many Halo fans don't like the direction it's going.

In otherwords, MCC is suppose to be the backup plan...but only if it works, and if it does...will that change how people approach whether to buy Halo 5 or not. If MCC continues not to work, and people want to play Halo that does work, Halo 5 will more than likely work...thus they would be playing a Halo that they don't really enjoy.

Tawpgun

Because some of us really enjoyed Halo 5 and that's where the majority of the population and community is gonna be lol.

People say this for every Halo game since Reach,

"If you don't like Halo X, why don't you go back to Halo X-1"

Just because I liked Halo 3 better than Reach, and Reach better than Halo 4, doesn't mean I'm gonna go back if no one is there.

Once MCC is fixed, and Halo 5 is out im still gonna go back and play a lot. But if Halo 5 remains consistent with the Beta, that's gonna be my hot shit.

We should organize MCC customs though. Beyond just BG CTF every week lol

Leyasu

Banned

I'll be there day one for Halo 5 whether this is fixed or not.

Maybe I should have worded it better. It's mainly directed at people who are hardcore Halo purists, diehards for the respective games of HCE, Halo 2, Halo 3, etc. If MCC essentially gets completely fixed...why bother moving on to Halo 5, which many Halo fans don't like the direction it's going.

In otherwords, MCC is suppose to be the backup plan...but only if it works, and if it does...will that change how people approach whether to buy Halo 5 or not. If MCC continues not to work, and people want to play Halo that does work, Halo 5 will more than likely work...thus they would be playing a Halo that they don't really enjoy.

Purists and diehards don't really need you to convince them sticking with MCC, they probably already made their mind once they saw Halo 5.

Also @the bold part, you do know that just on HaloGAF there have already been a significant number of us who likes Halo 5's direction right? It is ok to have different tastes but it's not to shut down diversity based on a non-dominating share of a community, it is called splinting and it is the last thing Halo needs right now. We play the game we love and we can play the iteration we like the most, there is no need to be upset about people enjoying the game you don't like.

Halo 5 is never gonna leave my disc drive (need me that Special Edition). It's too much fun, and if the beta is an accurate gauge, it'll be a blast from day one. If I ever get an itch to go old school
or if I still haven't gotten that damn Helioskrill
I'll jump back to MCC. But this whole broken game business kinda soured me on going back.

RSB

Banned

I don't like the direction they went with the gameplay, but I'd still buy Halo 5 if it had an option to use the classic zoom, even if it was just to play the campaign/firefight. But, for some reason, 343 won't include a classic scope option, so I guess Halo 5 will be the first Halo I don't buy (not even for the campaign) The MCC should be fixed no matter what, obviously.

Do you think there's any chance that Halo 5 could integrate/replace the Halo MCC UI? You could unlock/purchase the games individually if you didn't have them and play them all through one app. That would help with the population flight problem that they are going to have or might already have if the game is ever fixed.

Edit: I'm not really a fan of the MCC UI but I think it would be amazing to have them all together.

SaganIsGOAT

Do you think there's any chance that Halo 5 could integrate/replace the Halo MCC UI? You could unlock/purchase the games individually if you didn't have them and play them all through one app. That would help with the population flight problem that they are going to have or might already have if the game is ever fixed.

Edit: I'm not really a fan of the MCC UI but I think it would be amazing to have them all together.

That would only bring back memories.

jem0208

I definitely will. 5's beta was more entertaining than any of the games I've played on the MCC (when it has worked). I genuinely think 5 will be my favourite Halo.

I don't like the direction they went with the gameplay, but I'd still buy Halo 5 if it had an option to use the classic zoom, even if it was just to play the campaign/firefight. But, for some reason, 343 won't include a classic scope option, so I guess Halo 5 will be the first Halo I don't buy (not even for the campaign) The MCC should be fixed no matter what, obviously.

Is smart scope really the deciding factor...?

If they fix the MCC to my satisfaction, and after a month or two after launch, the consensus on H5 is that it works, and is good, I will consider a purchase. The idea of the collection is that you can always, and easily, go back and play the games you want and remember.

To be able to flit from CE-H5 and it all works? Matchmaking and customs? Plenty of players and friends online so you can always get a game on, until your hnads cramp and your eyballs bleed?

THAT is the dream I was sold on.

P.S. love my new avatar, kisses! <3 ;)

Only thing I can't fathom is people giving 343 more money for Special Editions, especially since we still don't know what'll be in them.

I don't trust 343 enough to give them any more money than the standard edition, and with a bit of luck I'll get that on the cheap as well.

jelly

MS would have to get around having a game disc in the drive if you want one UI for all. Basically a digital distribution only perk or they make disc games one time use only and they aren't touching the latter with a ten foot poll.

I think 343 need less pressure on the UI team, let them concentrate on a Halo 5 only UI.

How does everyone rate the MCC UI and is Reach still the UI to beat?

RSB

Banned
Is ADS really the deciding factor...?
FTFY.

And yes, in this case it is. ADS is the worst thing to ever happen to the FPS genre, and I will never buy a Halo game that doesn't at least give me the option to use the classic zoom. I did the same with FEAR (loved the first one but ignored the sequels because of ADS) and I would do the same with Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament, Quake, etc.

It shouldn't be that hard for 343 to include the classic zoom as an option (it's just a circle in the middle of the screen) but for some reason they won't do it.

It really isn't ADS. They're are some clear distinctions.
What does ADS stand for? Aim Down Sights. It is literally ADS.

That's a pretty dumb reason.
Considering how much I hate ADS, I think it is a pretty good reason.

MS would have to get around having a game disc in the drive if you want one UI for all. Basically a digital distribution only perk or they make disc games one time use only and they aren't touching the latter with a ten foot poll.

I think 343 need less pressure on the UI team, let them concentrate on a Halo 5 only UI.

How does everyone rate the MCC UI and is Reach still the UI to beat?

I do like the MCC UI, although Reach did it much better. Reach really had the definitive UI.

Happs Birthday Ramirez, here's hoping today is the day you realise how mediocre Tomb Raider was.

Seriously, have a good one :)

Seriously, that game is middling as fuck.
Only thing I can't fathom is people giving 343 more money for Special Editions, especially since we still don't know what'll be in them.

I don't trust 343 enough to give them any more money than the standard edition, and with a bit of luck I'll get that on the cheap as well.
Yup, that Halo 4 one was... a bad decision on my part.

jem0208

FTFY.

And yes, in this case it is. ADS is the worst thing to ever happen to the FPS genre, and I will never buy a Halo game that doesn't at least give me the option to use the classic zoom. I did the same with FEAR (loved the first one but ignored the sequels because of ADS) and I would do the same with Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament, Quake, etc.

It shouldn't be that hard for 343 to include the classic zoom as an option (it's just a circle in the middle of the screen) but for some reason they won't do it.

It really isn't ADS. There are some clear distinctions.

daedalius

FTFY.

That's a pretty dumb reason.

The downloading of Metroid Prime trilogy draws near. I also have Bayonetta 2 to keep me occupied.

"Chief, I need you to go back to Reach to pick up a very important piece of technology: the helmet of a fallen Spartan-III, Noble Six."

"The cached remnants of the Cortana fragment in the neural linkage could be pivotal in-"

"Oh, no, it's not that, the Smithsonian's going to give me, like, fifty million Credits if I can get it to them."

Impala26

Guys guys, this just in!

The Halo 3 ODST Soundtrack is still fan-FREAKING-tastic!

Listening to it again while working today has seriously cemented in my mind that it is Marty & Michael's best work. As good as the moody piano's and sax are, and as boisterous as the percussive and brass tracks are, this OST hands down has the best ambient pieces, like holy shit. I guess that's more praise to Michael in that sense, but damn I eagerly look forward to playing ODST again at 60 fps.

If any of you haven't experienced that game yet, you're in for a real treat whenever (coming soon) ODST get's launched with the MCC.

[back to your normally scheduled HaloGAF]

jem0208

Oh jesus, not this again.

He brought it up...

Guys guys, this just in!

Listening to it again while working today has seriously cemented in my mind that it is Marty & Michael's best work. As good as the moody piano's and sax are, and as boisterous as the percussive and brass tracks are, this OST hands down has the best ambient pieces, like holy shit. I guess that's more praise to Michael in that sense, but damn I eagerly look forward to playing ODST again at 60 fps.

If any of you haven't experienced that game yet, you're in for a real treat whenever (coming soon) ODST get's launched with the MCC.

ODST has such a fantastic sound track. Genuinely one of the best aspects of the game.

Madness

It's not so much the fact that people want the special editions, it's that people are pre-ordering them without even knowing what's in them. Why do that?

Glass

I like the Halo weapons, they're iconic and look great in 5, so with the ADS here only being cosmetic, I like it. It's like an extra angle to see your gun. The HuD when using the Hydra looked great, as did the AR, as pointless as it was. But its pointless because its only cosmetic, so then its just a matter of taste which you prefer.

Edit: I've made a Halo Spotify playlist but I totally forgot to include ODST, it's the soundtrack I'm least familiar with. Will have to give it a listen and add tracks in there.

FTFY.

What does ADS stand for? Aim Down Sights. It is literally ADS.

Considering how much I hate ADS, I think it is a pretty good reason.

How Halo 5's ADS differs from classic zoom:

1) Small animation added
2) Screen more obscured
3) Some weapons have vaguely increased accuracy
4) Auto-rescoping with LT

That's literally it. That's the beginning and ending of the changes. 1 and 2 are basically nothing. 3 should likely only apply to automatics to make them more versatile. 4 seems problematic on paper but I'm not certain it is in reality.

The more crucial thing is that this still isn't proper ADS as implemented in other games. Your movement speed isn't affected. Shooting from the hip isn't a crapshoot.

You're focusing on the least important change 343 made. You're a misdirected overreaction.

jelly

It's not so much the fact that people want the special editions, it's that people are pre-ordering them without even knowing what's in them. Why do that?

Can always cancel a pre order I suppose and your one of the first in line for the special editions if they are hard to come by.

Season passes on the other hand, crazy.

Guys guys, this just in!

Yeah, ODST and Reach's soundtracks are by far my favorite Marty works. Dude works loads better on low budgets. Reach in particular is a technical marvel in terms of production - he's using less live chamber instruments than he did in 3, but thanks to him getting seasoned with stuff like EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra and a few new goodies like FM8, it can be hard to tell what's acoustic and what's digital sometimes.

RBK

Banned
Before this thread is derailed again by another pointless argument:
ever-feel-stuck-in-a-rut-going-in-circles-54821.gif

Seeing as how I had fun in the H5 beta and have little or in many cases less fun in most of TMCC's offerings, purchasing Halo 5 is a no-brainer for me.

If they made updates (red x, in-game clock, etc.) and added more content to CE (maps ported from PC created by the community) then that would be amazing, but it definitely won't happen. Even so, I would still buy Halo 5 because it felt fresh and the gameplay was solid, especially compared to many long years of inconsistent and weak Halo gameplay.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

1) Small animation added
2) Screen more obscured

That's literally it. That's the beginning and ending of the changes. 1 and 2 are basically nothing. 3 should likely only apply to automatics to make them more versatile. 4 seems problematic on paper but I'm not certain it is in reality.

The more crucial thing is that this still isn't proper ADS as implemented in other games. Your movement speed isn't affected. Shooting from the hip isn't a crapshoot.

You're focusing on the least important change 343 made. You're a misdirected overreaction.

You're correct, it's nothing like traditional ADS which I could say is what COD, Insurgency, Battlefield, etc, are all using.

People are blindly labeling ADS to just the cosmetic usage of it.

There is one thing though with Halo 5's ADS, it does give a buff to all weapons when smart scope is engaged...that in my opinion is bad for full-autos.

Ramirez

Because the number of people who only want to play those and nothing else is a miniscule number compared to what Halo 5 will probably sell, lol.

Happs Birthday Ramirez, here's hoping today is the day you realise how mediocre Tomb Raider was.

Seriously, have a good one :)

Seriously, that game is middling as fuck.

Think you Outer, also...the Queen returns this fall!

rise_of_the_tomb_raider1.jpg

Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

Madness

Can always cancel a pre order I suppose and your one of the first in line for the special editions if they are hard to come by.

Season passes on the other hand, crazy.

Yeah you could. But still, it's not like there is some run on special edition or collectors edition Halo stuff. Even during Halo 3 days, the special editions, collectors edition stuff was gathering dust. Why order something without even knowing what's in there?

You can cancel the pre-order. If you pre-order too late you might not get your special edition.

I doubt that. The past 3 games, there are special editions, collectors editions, even the limited edition consoles just waiting on store shelves. But even then, why not pre-order when you actually know what's in it? They'll probably tell you what's in it well before they go on sale. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

RSB

Banned
I could keep complaining about all the things I dislike about the Halo 5 multiplayer (radar, sprint, clamber, etc) but frankly, I think it is a lost cause, so I don't even bother anymore. I could still buy it for the campaign/firefight, but I hate ADS too much.

I know ADS is mostly cosmetic (it should be completely cosmetic) but that only makes the absence of a classic zoom option even more annoying. A classic scope toggle would please everyone, but I guess that's too much work for 343...

Edit: And yeah, points 1 and 2 may be basically nothing to you, but they are incredibly annoying to me. The added delay introduced by the ADS animation is horrible, and I absolutely hate having the middle of the screen obstructed by the weapon when I zoom (and don't forget the muzzle flash)

VinFTW

Because the number of people who only want to play those and nothing else is a miniscule number compared to what Halo 5 will probably sell, lol.

Think you Outer, also...the Queen returns this fall!

rise_of_the_tomb_raider1.jpg

Kreygasm.png
Kreygasm.png

If its actually your birthday, happy bday man!

Also, I assume this is an inside joke, but nobody better not be hating on the new lara.

Despite gaming sides thoughts, I fucking loved the reboot. So pumped for Rise.

Happy birthday, Ramierez!

Halo.

If its actually your birthday, happy bday man!

Also, I assume this is an inside joke, but nobody better not be hating on the new lara.

Despite gaming sides thoughts, I fucking loved the reboot. So pumped for Rise.

I joined GAF a while after the reboot, so the response to all of the Rise info is kind of surprising. Most people I know loved TR2013.

Though, I suppose a fair bit of the GAF reaction is just retroactive exclusivity salt.

1) Small animation added
2) Screen more obscured

Every time it came up when playing the beta, I had a WTF moment. Truely enraging. For me, it IS different enough to be a game breaker, a deal breaker. And it's aim down fucking sights. Don't FUCKING pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

I am ammending an earlier statement.If we cannot toggle back to a Halo type zoom/scope, then, I will not purchase the game. If I give up some benefits by using the classic scope, so be it. Don't tell me it's better, tell me I'm given a choice.

Top Bottom