• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

The Chief photo has some speculations I find interesting:

• Pistol dropped by his right hand, suggests he has spent all other ammo and pistol is a last stand weapon
  • "They" bombed the heck out of him, there is fresh rumble covering his feet/legs
  • The high calibre bullet holes and angles of damage suggest aerial support against Chief. This could be the opposite as it appears a bomb was dropped in the lower right of the image, which shows a crater, and the damage on the right side of the memorial so Chief was blown back and to the left.
  • What is that cannister in the bottom left?
  • Chief's visor doesn't appear to have the damage from the comics?

I'm guessing what we get is more of an abridged montage format from Locke's point of view where he starts narrating the changes since 2552 to help get people up to speed and alleviate confusion brought on by Halo 4. It details local and interstellar conflicts and begins to conclude in a Landfall-style format depicting bombings and supporting aerial fire and whatnot, looking like it's going to finish on a still of the Voi Monument...

"And although comebacks became victory, and victory became peace..."

...only for camera trickery and the sting of a dark synth pad to reveal it's present-day and was not a montage and was actually detailing the very violent procurement of a renegade John-117, Chief is laying on his side crippled from an explosion, reaching for his weapon as Locke slowly approaches, holding him at gunpoint...

"there is always another war to be waged."

The camera changes to Chief's POV, showing him looking down the sights of Locke's Magnum. He's held at gunpoint, but not shot - and an eerie silence closes out the advertisement.

Great value Great coverage 9/11

wyXH2co.png

Madness

At this point, I honestly no longer care about MCC. I just took the disc out. Yesterday, I had it on to see Frankie/Mix their game details, didn't even feel like trying to play. Just now, started it up, there is zero urge to touch campaign or multi-player. Even if it's fixed a month from now, that hype is gone.

If I don't buy Hardline, next time I'm touching the console will probably be Halo 5 or Battlefront. Whatever comes first.

> Get BTB match on Bloodline Slayer

> Shitty host.

> Host quits.

> Game transfers to new host.

> Game continues

> Game ends at 30 kills

> Wat.

At this point, I honestly no longer care about MCC. I just took the disc out. Yesterday, I had it on to see Frankie/Mix their game details, didn't even feel like trying to play. Just now, started it up, there is zero urge to touch campaign or multi-player. Even if it's fixed a month from now, that hype is gone.

If I don't buy Hardline, next time I'm touching the console will probably be Halo 5 or Battlefront. Whatever comes first.

Come to Titanfall breh.

RSB

Banned
If Smart Link and classic scope co-exists won't it introduce some balance issues? Like classic scope DMR would have a vision advantage over a Smart Link DMR user?
I don't see the problem. Racing games have been doing it forever with the different camera angles. Cockpit cam (more realistic/inmersive) vs Chase cam (better view)

I don't really think they are the same thing. From my racing game experience cockpit/hood cam gives me better ability to attack corners, the view angle advantage of chase cam isn't that useful tbh.
The fact is that chase cam offers better visibility than cockpit view (the difference is actually even bigger than with ADS vs classic zoom)

I don't see the problem. Racing games have been doing it forever with the different camera angles. Cockpit cam (more realistic/inmersive) vs Chase cam (better view)

I don't really think they are the same thing. From my racing game experience cockpit/hood cam gives me better ability to attack corners, the view angle advantage of chase cam isn't that useful tbh.

HTupolev

Chase cam gives very good visibility, though I can never seem to get the feel for it.

It doesn't really matter, though; everyone knows that the only correct view is bumper cam.

Why does HaloGAF get all of the bizarrely offensive / racist number scales? We had a 3/5ths Compromise joke thrown out unironically not too long ago, too.

Now I always picture Ozzy as the Australian dude on the right from The Oblongs.

latest

*takes huge bite of banana and peanut butter*

"neh, oi ent racist m8," *smack smack smack* "oi got plenny'a frenza callah. evun got sum choinamen warkin fer kehmishun."

Madness

Come to Titanfall breh.

Yeah I've been playing that. Not too many people left in the game. Plus I have no one on my friends list who plays that old a game. And the bots really turn me off. I know they needed them to make the maps seem populates, but it's just not fun.

Now I always picture Ozzy as the Australian dude on the right from The Oblongs.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/oblongs/images/7/7a/Aussies.png/revision/latest?cb=20130604024953[img]

*takes huge bite of banana and peanut butter*

"neh, oi ent racist m8," *smack smack smack* "oi got plenny'a frenza callah. evun got sum choinamen warkin fer kehmishun."[/QUOTE]

But why am I smoking a palm tree?

Here's a fitting joke for the occassion...
[QUOTE]On the roof of a very tall building are four men; one is asian, one is mexican, one is black, and the last one is white. The asian walks to the ledge and says, "This is for all my people" and jumps off the roof. Next, the mexican walks to the ledge and also says, "This is for all my people" and then he jumps off the roof. Next is the black guy's turn. The black guy walks to the ledge and says, "This is for all my people" and then throws the white guy off the roof. [/QUOTE]

I hope VC wasn't banned for reposting my crap from the other thread in HaloGAF.

To bring it back to Halo stuffs...[url=http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/ff002297-454b-4e29-ba14-d12da9927701]here's my son on Halo 3 campaign pulling a Killtastrophe![/url] (skip to 13secs). He attacks things in such different ways.

Ghazi

Yeah I've been playing that. Not too many people left in the game. Plus I have no one on my friends list who plays that old a game. And the bots really turn me off. I know they needed them to make the maps seem populates, but it's just not fun.

I mean, they work similar to creeps in Dota. I certainly don't think they're a bad idea. Makes the bad players feel good and the good players can still use it as a tool. If it really matters to you, you can always try to play Pilot Hunter or that 8v8 Pilots Only playlist (I think that exists).

I play it time to time. Add me.

RowdyReverb

So we have ADS and Sprint, but what endless, fruitless debates do other FPS communities have? What is a divisive controversy in CoD?

So we have ADS and Sprint, but what endless, fruitless debates do other FPS communities have? What is a divisive controversy in CoD?

Spoon versus fork starts. "RAMIREZ, USE X TO DISABLE THAT TACTICAL NUKE"

I'm a fork man myself. Lets me deconfooble the exhorsauced manifoldrums more efficamably.

RowdyReverb

Spoon versus fork starts. "RAMIREZ, USE X TO DISABLE THAT TACTICAL NUKE"

I'm a fork man myself. Lets me deconfooble the exhorsauced manifoldrums more efficamably.
forks ruin the game. spoons make for a higher skill gap and are more true to what made the game great in the first place, except for when they fucked up spoons in the previous release. they need to bring back the spoons from the first title. the community clearly prefers spoons based on statistics.

I'm guessing what we get is more of an abridged montage format from Locke's point of view where he starts narrating the changes since 2552 to help get people up to speed and alleviate confusion brought on by Halo 4. It details local and interstellar conflicts and begins to conclude in a Landfall-style format depicting bombings and supporting aerial fire and whatnot, looking like it's going to finish on a still of the Voi Monument...

"And although comebacks became victory, and victory became peace..."

...only for camera trickery and the sting of a dark synth pad to reveal it's present-day and was not a montage and was actually detailing the very violent procurement of a renegade John-117, Chief is laying on his side crippled from an explosion, reaching for his weapon as Locke slowly approaches, holding him at gunpoint...

"there is always another war to be waged."

The camera changes to Chief's POV, showing him looking down the sights of Locke's Magnum. He's held at gunpoint, but not shot - and an eerie silence closes out the advertisement.

wyXH2co.png

I kind of actually want this.

forget Halo

IDARB is the next big console esport

I can confirm. I can also confirm that Mix is way too fucking good at that game and it pisses me off.

My dirty little secret:

I like jet packs.
I like sprint.

I can get behind no jet packs (sad face)
I can get behind no sprint, if the movment speed is upped (125% of H3's base thank you)

If you obstruct my field of view with something that looks like aim down sights and doesn't operate the same as my usual scoping in, then you better give me a choice. MY Opinion. Also MY wallet, unless you want to be my sugar daddy :/

Madness

My dirty little secret:

I like jet packs.
I like sprint.

I can get behind no sprint, if the movment speed is upped (125% of H3's base thank you)

If you obstruct my field of view with something that looks like aim down sights and doesn't operate the same as my usual scoping in, then you better give me a choice. MY Opinion. Also MY wallet, unless you want to be my sugar daddy :/

41ae43cf7d59a84641ee8da3366d9e30.gif

My dirty little secret:

I like jet packs.
I like sprint.

They're fun in a limited quantity, playlists are key here. I'm so happy H5 base game has tons more movement that all share. Now I'm curious about the other modes for H5, as in are they going to bring back abilities or loadouts in other modes? You have to wonder.

Once they shaped H4 infinity settings post turbo I liked playing those modes, just not as much as I enjoy straight up even starts. Something like ⅓ infinity and the rest default suited me just fine.

Impala26

So when are we getting some Halo 5 stuff? I feel like it's been forever.

So we still doing that "HaloGAF Plays Destiny" VoG Raid sometime this weekend? People seemed interested when I brought it up on Wednesday at least.

If it does happen I feel like that needs to be streamed/recorded for posterity (and general enjoymentof those here).

Lag outside the US, hell Activision always have hard time trying to fix the netcode and take months to fix it properly, I cant just imagine 343i in Halo 5 how they will able to handle it

Lag outside the US, hell Activision always have hard time trying to fix the netcode and take months to fix it properly, I cant just imagine 343i in Halo 5 how they will able to handle it

Halo 5 runs on dedis and will have datacenter selection so the whole non-US lag thing basically won't exist.

I would imagine over 10k online at US peak times is probably healthier than MCC MP.

Oops shouldn't have double posted.

Halo 5 runs on dedis and will have datacenter selection so the whole non-US lag thing basically won't exist.

That's the hope anyway. Works relatively well for Titanfall.

So we still doing that "HaloGAF Plays Destiny" VoG Raid sometime this weekend? People seemed interested when I brought it up on Wednesday at least.

If it does happen I feel like that needs to be streamed/recorded for posterity (and general enjoymentof those here).

I'm still down for sure.

Top Bottom