• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Awesome, I know Tawp and Jellycrackers are interested. I just keep trying to push Mix into it and every time I bring it up it seems like he shrinks into the shadows, lol.

Can we shoot for something early afternoon-ish Saturday EST?

I should be able to do that. I work at 4 pm mountain time, so idk what that is for the rest of you haha. Free all day otherwise.

So I recently got an Xbox One with MCC and I've been (trying?) to play for the past 2 weeks. I first started trying to play H2A multiplayer and it was frustrating. I was waiting 15+ minutes for it to matchmake, only to hit a game over screen as soon as I load into the match.

Also I was having an issues where when I'd back out of the matchmaking the game would just lock up for a good minute sometimes. So I've gave up on H2A because it is just too time consuming to even try to play.

Now I've switched over to the Halo 4 playlist and I'm having a much better time. I'm able to get into games within 5 minutes and aside from the occasional game crash everything is playable. The biggest issue I'm facing now is the game not balancing teams whatsoever. Every other match it's 5v4, 4v3 and sometimes 5v3 (WTF?) It's beyond horrendous.

I haven't tried to party up with anyone yet but I'm assuming that's still pretty broken too? Overall I can't say I'm super disappointed in MCC only because I already knew it was fucked up.

So I recently got an Xbox One with MCC and I've been (trying?) to play for the past 2 weeks. I first started trying to play H2A multiplayer and it was frustrating. I was waiting 15+ minutes for it to matchmake, only to hit a game over screen as soon as I load into the match.

Also I was having an issues where when I'd back out of the matchmaking the game would just lock up for a good minute sometimes. So I've gave up on H2A because it is just too time consuming to even try to play.

Now I've switched over to the Halo 4 playlist and I'm having a much better time. I'm able to get into games within 5 minutes and aside from the occasional game crash everything is playable. The biggest issue I'm facing now is the game not balancing teams whatsoever. Every other match it's 5v4, 4v3 and sometimes 5v3 (WTF?) It's beyond horrendous.

I haven't tried to party up with anyone yet but I'm assuming that's still pretty broken too? Overall I can't say I'm super disappointed in MCC only because I already knew it was fucked up.

Welcome to the shithole buddy. The MCC OT is called 3V4 Industries for a reason.

RowdyReverb

Matchmaking is a lot slower if you go in with a party. Solo seems to be the way to go for now if you value your time, unless you really want to play with somebody.

Ramadeus

Neo Member
*Glances at the Mega Bloks Promethean*

Dear God, is that a living Promethean warrior? As in an actual Forerunner Warrior squaring off against a Spartan in EVA armor? Please, for the love of all things Holy, please don't allow us to be able to punch Warrior-Servants to death, that would just be absolutely the most depressing thing to happen to Halo since "Egg heads" became part of the nomenclature.

HTupolev

Please, for the love of all things Holy, please don't allow us to be able to punch Warrior-Servants to death, that would just be absolutely the most depressing thing to happen to Halo since "Egg heads" became part of the nomenclature.
I'd be fine with it as long as it only happens when we're playing as Dustin Echoes.

Ramadeus

Neo Member
I'd be fine with it as long as it only happens when we're playing as Dustin Echoes.

I would be fine punching out a Xeelee Nightfighter if it were done by Dustin Echoes.

In all sincerity though it took the Chief several shots from a miniaturized laser cannon with a pulsed beam output capable of melting holes through tanks to even have a hope of temporarily putting down the equivalent of a Forerunner janitor.

(The same janitor that survived a ten thousand kilometer chunk of metal tearing itself apart and quite likely explosively slamming into the surface of a Jupiter sized factory mind you)

Spartans equipped with shotguns and pistols going up against living Forerunner special forces and standing any chance feels so intrinsically ... wrong. In fact when I picture a fight between a Warrior-Servant I envision the Didact's fight against Blue Team, nothing shy of dropping a continent on their heads will do the trick.

jelly

I do like the MCC UI, although Reach did it much better. Reach really had the definitive UI.

Yeah, I liked the Reach UI the most, less sub menu after sub menu, more information presented and accessible without having to delve too deep. Quick as well. Loved the backgrounds, picture is always enough. Not perfect, customs and saved films got a little confusing, although I admit not using it much.

Whoa whoa, Xbone allows you to select multiple clips for deletion? Did it always do that? Was that 'manage captures' button always there?

In any case, shit's a game-changer for me.

Now all I need is screenshot sharing and I'm set.

willow ve

Awesome, I know Tawp and Jellycrackers are interested. I just keep trying to push Mix into it and every time I bring it up it seems like he shrinks into the shadows, lol.

Can we shoot for something early afternoon-ish Saturday EST?

If I'm on I'm down to play. I have 3 characters on Destiny. Have a lvl 30 Titan as my main although I've never run VOG.

gamertag same as GAF name.

Anyone that plays Destiny on X1 feel free to send me a friend request - 90% of the time I'm running Roc Strikes or random bounties / patrols. Feel free to join up whenever you want.

Spoiler - I rarely, if ever, have a mic on.

Glass

Bah, I spoke too soon. Or rather, my source did. That's what I get for going on r/xboxone I guess.

It's a shame they didnt wait for the patch, everyone's been wondering what 343 could do to repopulate the game and a big sale right after the one patch to rule them all would have been a great start. Especially if word got out that things were working smoothly, that alone would sell copies. As it stands if someone asks whether the game would be worth picking up now, its more like 'Yes, but...'

So we still doing that "HaloGAF Plays Destiny" VoG Raid sometime this weekend? People seemed interested when I brought it up on Wednesday at least.

If it does happen I feel like that needs to be streamed/recorded for posterity (and general enjoymentof those here).
I work tomorrow night until 10 CST, is it possible to do on Sunday?

TTUVAPOR

Banned

Can't believe they are not releasing the title update before this sale...

Who is running the show over there at MSFT? What genius thought it was a good idea to put a broken game on sale? I'd love to know what the numbers will be for refund requests once the masses buy this game on sale...if they even bother to care about it being on sale in the first place.

Impala26

I should be able to do that. I work at 4 pm mountain time, so idk what that is for the rest of you haha. Free all day otherwise.

If I'm on I'm down to play. I have 3 characters on Destiny. Have a lvl 30 Titan as my main although I've never run VOG.

gamertag same as GAF name.

Anyone that plays Destiny on X1 feel free to send me a friend request - 90% of the time I'm running Roc Strikes or random bounties / patrols. Feel free to join up whenever you want.

Spoiler - I rarely, if ever, have a mic on.

I work tomorrow night until 10 CST, is it possible to do on Sunday?

Shall we try for something like starting around 1/2 pm EST Sunday?

Akai__

So, it's 2015 and people still abuse the Betrayal trick on Narrows?

Cool... Almost got kicked out of the game, because of that jerk.

Well, I can see why only people who are terrible at this game would do that.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

Ranks need to be desperately turned on for MCC...Halo CE is laughable when you're paired with people are playing it for the very first time.

The best matches though are against players who you can tell know HCE...becomes a Quake-style match.

So many people aren't situationally aware when playing team hardcore, so many free ninja kills.

As said in splinter cell, the one thing people suspect the least is their own shadow

It's even better in the MCC because there's a glitch where, rather than three strikes booting you, they'll actually send you to the opposite team. He was trying to make you an enemy.

Madness

Why were people saying it was going to be $23? I would not pay 36 bucks. Probably could get a physical copy much cheaper.

Because the leaked page said 60% off for Gold users. Making it $24 bucks. Apparently MS has had a change of heart, feeling their game is $13 more now, for Gold users too.

Microsoft has no clue what they're doing. They took Lords of the Fallen out and put Limbo in, and then denied Lords of the Fallen was even supposed to be part of the sale, while the developers for Lords of the Fallen have no clue why their game was taken off. Some people even got it while it was cheap.

Computer

Because the leaked page said 60% off for Gold users. Making it $24 bucks. Apparently MS has had a change of heart, feeling their game is $13 more now, for Gold users too.

Microsoft has no clue what they're doing. They took Lords of the Fallen out and put Limbo in, and then denied Lords of the Fallen was even supposed to be part of the sale, while the developers for Lords of the Fallen have no clue why their game was taken off. Some people even got it while it was cheap.

Well I hope this was not their plan to repopulate the game. Cant even believe they are tying to push it even though it is still broken. This game should have been free by now.

jelly

Maybe retail kicked up a stink after being lumped with loads of copies that are hard to sell as the game is a bit broken and may even see a massive influx of used copies as people buy the cheap digital version instead if they still hold out hope. Microsoft should bundle digital copies of MCC when it eventually works. Xbox One & MCC - $349.

Maybe retail kicked up a stink after being lumped with loads of copies that are hard to sell as the game is a bit broken and may even see a massive influx of used copies as people buy the cheap digital version instead if they still hold out hope. Microsoft should bundle digital copies of MCC when it eventually works. Xbox One & MCC - $349.

They pretty much did this during Black Friday, albeit at $329.

Karl2177

What is the compensation for those of us who have played* the game from December 19 to February 20?

*attempted to play but the game can't find players or crashes you at a cutscene mid-mission

King Leo

Neo Member
What is the compensation for those of us who have played* the game from December 19 to February 20?

*attempted to play but the game can't find players or crashes you at a cutscene mid-mission

I think absolutely everyone should get the compensation. The game still hasn't been fixed to a reasonable state.

Madness

I think absolutely everyone should get the compensation. The game still hasn't been fixed to a reasonable state.

I don't know if I agree anymore. Near Christmas, the game was $30 in Canada for boxing day and stuff. The game was literally unplayable the first 5 weeks until that patch in December. So the people who bought at full price got shafted the most. People who bought later at least got a somewhat working experience and didn't have to pay full price. None of it is excusable though. Quite honestly the worst purchase I've ever made gaming wise, and perhaps the worst launched game of the modern era.

HTupolev

How does everyone rate the MCC UI
Awkwardly laid out. I respect that they're trying to put a LOT of stuff into the menu systems, but that's exactly why they needed more unification. Traversal should feel more consistent. One thing that really grind my gears is that dropping to a lower level of a tree sometimes re-loads the lower level as a separate menu page, even when it's displayed as if it's already there and ready to traverse.

EDIT:

wat

Top Bottom