• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Just saw ViewtifulJC got banned. Looks like a lot of the old guard is clearing out. Expect more new faces.
tumblr_m2lvqc7EVb1ru3ss4o1_250.png

Mix

So this is pretty fucking neat, apparently the massive forerunner deal in the E3 Halo 5 trailer isn't a War Sphinx after all.

Source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-have-s-moa

This one intrigued me the most:

Do any of Thel's elites participate alongside Spartans in War games for training?

There are healthy military relationships stretching back to 2553. Classified records associated with the ANVIL initiative indicate a number of very select joint training engagements.

EDIT: and this one:

What is the name of Spartan Locke's armor variant?

Spartan Locke is currently equipped with the MJOLNIR GEN2 HUNTER variant.

So this is pretty fucking neat, apparently the massive forerunner deal in the E3 Halo 5 trailer isn't a War Sphinx after all.

Source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-have-s-moa

I laughed pretty hard at this:
DID ANY MOA SURVIVE THE INVASION OF REACH?
- M0AHERDER

Though their native numbers were certainly decimated to near-extinction levels by the catastrophic environmental effects of the Covenant’s assault on their natural habitat, it is held that there are still moa populations thriving in remote sectors on the post-glassed Reach. Interestingly enough, the largest single population of moa still alive are currently thriving on Gannick 22, an inner colony world named for the original twenty-two scientists and pioneers of the UNSC Gannick that gave their lives in the discovery and exploration of a once-hostile environment. Gannick 22 has become a larger population center since escaping the Covenant War unscathed, and is home to Wiljax Brantley, entrepreneur and humble owner of his restaurant and petting zoo “Have S’Moa.” When the attack on Reach took place, the latest population of moa that he had just recently received instantly became worth more than their weight in titanium, turning Brantley into a very rich man practically overnight. In related news, moa nuggets, once a simple staple in Have S’Moa’s KolonyKids Meals, have now become an incredibly expensive delicacy among wealthy UEG dignitaries.

Friend of mine had explained that the forerunner winged mech is not a war sphinx. Its length and wing span are far greater than your average war sphinx including a combined war sphinx. It's just too large overall. There's another forerunner mech that could perhaps be the mech bird in the forerunner trilogy novels.

Friend of mine had explained that the forerunner winged mech is not a war sphinx. Its length and wing span are far greater than your average war sphinx including a combined war sphinx. It's just too large overall. There's another forerunner mech that could perhaps be the mech bird in the forerunner trilogy novels.

Apparently in one of the terminals in Halo 3, a War Sphinx is mentioned with this picture next to it.

Mysterious_image.png

Though I'm sure it'll be changed up a bit from Bungie era designs.

Overdoziz

Banned
You play it at least weekly? Like put in 10 or so hours every week into it?

I've put thousands of hours into Dark Souls, invading, new builds, challenge runs, co op, playing with streamers , etc.

You prolly trolling, but TLOU ain't no game of the forever.
just because you talk about that shitty shadowrun game every other minute doesnt make it it the best game ever

daedalius

Sounds like I need to play that area in invanoff station again.

Also, wii u is amazing so far. Mario kart is just awesome, also gorgeous.

Omni

Apparently in one of the terminals in Halo 3, a War Sphinx is mentioned with this picture next to it.

Mysterious_image.png

Though I'm sure it'll be changed up a bit from Bungie era designs.

Halo 3 terminals were soooo good. I love Greg Bear's books but it's such a shame most of it is redundant now.

jem0208

I fully expect whatever was in that trailer will either be non-canon, retconned into existence, or just new.
It would be pretty easy to retcon something like this. Just say it's some undiscovered forerunner tech than was only activated after the Didact went off on his little romp through the Galaxy to Earth.

-Ryn

Banned
His reply to another poster acting like they didn't understand why I had a particular opinion on a game mechanic. I remember however, explaining that I tried to like Destiny and just couldn't, and you took it at face value and respected my preferences. How refreshing of you ;)
It's probably just because I bathe in orange citrus surrounded by a garden with magic floating balls of light. And daisies. It's quite soothing.

I try ;)
*respect brofist*

Gotta love The Pillows
Those little busters make the world rock some instant music like a bunch of funny bunnies. It's a bran new love that makes ya appreciate your one life.

They're good times.

Tlou game of the forever
Ehhhh...

I laughed pretty hard at this:
I love some humor in mah EU. That was great.

Mentioned in the Forerunner Trilogy books. Basically Gundams for Forerunners.
The best description I've ever heard

FyreWulff

Because its P2P, and they are session leader/host.

Well, the weird thing is the original games knew when you were in matchmaking and didn't let you end the game, even if you were host.

So it sounds like something weird like they're internally running all games as customs instead of internally flagging to the engine that they're in matchmaking.

RowdyReverb

Well, the weird thing is the original games knew when you were in matchmaking and didn't let you end the game, even if you were host.

So it sounds like something weird like they're internally running all games as customs instead of internally flagging to the engine that they're in matchmaking.
Maybe part of a hack to get online mp working better, or possibly due to P2P being a fallback plan rather than the intended method of online play and receiving less attention as a result.

JC isn't permed, he gets banned like every other week now.

New Forerunner construct is clearly Chief's spirit animal, which he sees by using generous doses of Space Peyote

That would explain why, when I tried to back my party out of matchmaking a few days ago, it said they were in my game on the party app, but they were not on the player list by hitting "X" on the MCC.

So, I figured the game was lagging and they must be there. Being the good hostess I was, I fired up some FFA slayer in HCE on Sidewinder in a custom. Lo and behold, 3 to 4 randoms were in the game with us. It must have dragged them in to my party from matchmaking.

I think it surprised them as much as me. They played the crap out of that game, kind of like getting an unexpected 6 pack of beer with your pizza. Lucky for them, I have good taste in Halo :)

Of course, after the game ended, the MCC booted me to the console main screen...sigh

...Mendicant Bias?

Onikaan

Hey guys. Not been in for a while.

Question.

I've been playing alot of Halo 2 classic recently (when it works, which isn't often) and more so with the new sniper playlist. So what is up with the hit registration in H2C? It's EXTREMELY noticeable in snipers, and it's constant. Is it part of the ongoing problem with MMC or is it to do with the port? I hope it can be fixed because if not Halo 2 classic will be forever tainted and hardly worth trying to play competitively.

Any light been shed on this?

Do you mean it offered a natural 16:9-ratio split if you were using SCART? Naturally it doesn't have any black bars if you tell it to output a 4:3 signal, but in my experience it still uses pillarboxing for low-res 16:9. The game seems to produce the output image just based on the 360's configured aspect ratio, not resolution or output signal type, although I have no experience using SCART.

Actually my technical knowledge of these matters is limited so excuse the confidence of my last post. Anecdotally, I remember my widescreen tube TV allowing me to play H3 splitscreen with no black bars at the sides. This was only achieved by going into the 360's screen settings and choosing 'normal' or 'widescreen'. I remember H3 being unique in one of those options being optimal for It but not most other games, including Reach. Also, one of the options would produce the black bars in splitscreen even on a tube TV but I don't remember which. Annnnnnnnyways, I couldn't find a way to replicate the split widescreen on a HDTV because the options were always to do with the HDMI cable and resolution settings and not a simple 'normal' or 'widescreen'.

Top Bottom