• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Well, the weird thing is the original games knew when you were in matchmaking and didn't let you end the game, even if you were host.

So it sounds like something weird like they're internally running all games as customs instead of internally flagging to the engine that they're in matchmaking.

In the build up to release they said customs would always be P2P. If MM interprets games as customs then that might explain the dearth of games on dedicated servers?

Fuchsdh

Considering the thing in the trailer looked absolutely nothing like what was described in the books as a Sphinx I'm not surprised (or, rather, I'm surprised they just flat out clarified it.)

Have to go back on Composer and check out what's in there. IIRC two of the items are the Activation Index and the Mantle Icon, the other two were unknown.

King Leo

Neo Member
Hey guys. Not been in for a while.

Question.

I've been playing alot of Halo 2 classic recently (when it works, which isn't often) and more so with the new sniper playlist. So what is up with the hit registration in H2C? It's EXTREMELY noticeable in snipers, and it's constant. Is it part of the ongoing problem with MMC or is it to do with the port? I hope it can be fixed because if not Halo 2 classic will be forever tainted and hardly worth trying to play competitively.

Any light been shed on this?

This is a well known issue. 343 is *apparently* looking into it. If H2C and ranks aren't mentioned in the upcoming patch notes, I might cry.

Ramirez

You play it at least weekly? Like put in 10 or so hours every week into it?

I've put thousands of hours into Dark Souls, invading, new builds, challenge runs, co op, playing with streamers , etc.

You prolly trolling, but TLOU ain't no game of the forever.

I don't know why, but this post made me chuckle. Defend that honor!

Trey

We used to joke...

How would you aim down an AR's sights?!

7ttr2.jpg

Akai__

Halo 3 has a melee issue. They don't connect half the time, when 2 people are no shield and melee'ing each other. Not sure, if it's a known issue.

Also, High Ground 1 Flag -> Host quits -> Game ends. :(

Because that's a map without any textures and in it's most basic format. I don't think any non-mod maps ship like that.

Unless you're being sarcastic and I didn't catch on.

The aesthetic is colorful and loaded with clarity tho

no i'm not being sarcastic i'm tired of space haze and film grain and shit

Not sure why it's so slow on my iOS devices but other webpages are loading fine

It's been spotty since day 100. It's not just you.

...aaaaaand, forums are down again.
The aesthetic is colorful and loaded with clarity tho

no i'm not being sarcastic i'm tired of space haze and film grain and shit

Yes, complete over-think. Halo 3 had a gorgeous balance of reality and simplicity. There is too much visual noise in Halo 4 and some of the H2A maps. H5's Eden was actually clean and visually pleasing.

It's been spotty since day 100. It's not just you.

...aaaaaand, forums are down again.

Yes, complete over-think. Halo 3 had a gorgeous balance of reality and simplicity. There is too much visual noise in Halo 4 and some of the H2A maps. H5's Eden was actually clean and visually pleasing.

Yeah, absolutely agreed here, especially with bipeds like the Spartans.

-Ryn

Banned
Playing through Halo 4 right now.

Can't even be bothered to use the Warthog because of how awful it sounds which makes me sad. Game is pretty though. Except in certain areas. My god the Grunts look dumb.

Mistel

Banned
Can't even be bothered to use the Warthog because of how awful it sounds which makes me sad. Game is pretty though. Except in certain areas. My god the Grunts look dumb.
It sounds really bad, still don't know why they went for that.

Glass

It sounds really bad, still don't know why they went for that.

It's so weird, played Requiem a few days ago. As you exit that cave and the music swelled, I turned my volume up it sounded so good. Then 10 seconds later I'm turning it down again as the warthog cuts through my ear drums. The music could have done with featuring more prominently in the rest of the campaign, it kinda gets lost in the background. Some great tracks on the album.

Omni

The ingame models for H2A characters are really good.

15984702343_512e84da1c_o.png

16578486516_d809b3526f_o.png

16417265908_dc0302f979_o.png

Yeap. Miranda looks fantastic too (can see her on first and last levels, IIRC).

Makes you wonder just what the freaking hell happened with this monstrosity. I actually switch to old graphics every time she appears on the later levels because it really is that awful. I wish that they'd patch a better model in or something. Its current state is sub-par.

...Mendicant Bias?
As an A.I. yes, perhaps. But that's not his original form... If you read the trial of mendicant bias you'd know they didn't buried him on the Ark for his atonement In A Massive Decepticon Body.

Yeah, MB is a monitor. Unless his AI was housed in something else after his trial (which is douibtful) it's probably more of a guard or something.

In all the excitement forgot to post here last night. Another HaloGaffer is getting hitched.

:D

Halo? It is a ring, after all.

Congratulations!!!! :D

VinFTW

Amazing stuff visceral, but you should throw those into quotes :p

You don't need to quote them, GAF already solved that problem. They look great.

Vin is dumb

Am I missing something? They're enormous...

Quoting images just reduces clutter/lag (especially on shitty-ass Chrome).

Like this:

So much better

Gonna use that earth one for my background on X1

So, fun fact from this week's Canon Fodder: the "S" in Covenant ship classes (CSS, CRS, etc.) denotes that the ship has a tertiary "Salvation" denotation meaning it's a warship capable of orbital bombardment, e.g. glassing. Also, apparently Spartan-IV HEADHUNTERS exist.

Reminds me of this thing.
Battle_with_Zydron.png

Not sure I like 343i's Forerunner aesthetic. Even that supposed "eye" looks too rounded to me. I always imagined Forerunner stuff to be angular

Wasn't our first example of a Forerunner construct literally a ball?

Actually, technically speaking, it was a giant ring.

Ghazi

Yeap. Miranda looks fantastic too (can see her on first and last levels, IIRC).

Makes you wonder just what the freaking hell happened with this monstrosity. I actually switch to old graphics every time she appears on the later levels because it really is that awful. I wish that they'd patch a better model in or something. Its current state is sub-par.

Cortana looks absolutely terrible, yes.

Top Bottom