• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

King Leo

Neo Member
Ya its strange we have all already played Halo 5 but have not got any info on new mp features. Such as theater, clans, custom team logo creator, customs gun skins. They need some cool and new features added to the game.

Honestly it's not much to ask for. They just need to continue the trend that Bungie started.

Why would players invest their time in building a Forge map if there is no proper file sharing system in place? Why would a player invest his time in speedrunning a campaign level if the leaderboards are buggy? Why would a competitive player invest his time in matchmaking if there's no ranking system in place?

I really wish they would ask themselves these questions. Keeping players playing for the long-term is something they seem to struggle with.

Impala26

So many VoG virgins hahaha. This'll be interesting :p especially if you guys are going in blind.

Not totally blind, but confused enough at some of the parts of the vids I've seen that I'm sure I've got some learning to do, lol.

Gonna update post one more time before bed now. Anyone feel free to let me know if you can't make it or want to join in--we still need one more and can always use a few backups. Gringo, you're in charge just in case something comes up on my end!
:p

N11lAaL.jpg

Going to try for a newbie-friendly Vault of Glass run tomorrow beginning around 3:30pm EST** or so. Players of ANY experience level are welcome however.

**Start Time subject to change based on availability of other players.

I myself have yet to play the Raid so this could be interesting...
Highly recommended you bring a Level 26 character or HIGHER if you've not played this before (not going to have a good time if you're below level 25).

Oh and because it's HaloGAF we'll be playing on the Xbox One to clarify.

My GT is Impala26

Your HaloGAF Raiders:
1: Impala26
2: GringoSuave89
3: RBK
4: aHebrewMenagerie
5: Mix
6: ---

Omni

Not totally blind, but confused enough at some of the parts of the vids I've seen that I'm sure I've got some learning to do, lol.

Gonna update post one more time before bed now. Anyone feel free to let me know if you can't make it or want to join in--we still need one more and can always use a few backups. Gringo, you're in charge just in case something comes up on my end!

N11lAaL.jpg

Going to try for a newbie-friendly Vault of Glass run tomorrow beginning around 3:30pm EST** or so. Players of ANY experience level are welcome however.

Highly recommended you bring a Level 26 character or HIGHER if you've not played this before (not going to have a good time if you're below level 25).

My GT is Impala26

Your HaloGAF Raiders:

GT: randomraaawr

I've actually done the VoG over 40 times. Hahaha. If this is for anyone I can be a backup if you guys need another experienced person. Have 32 Titan and Warlock.

RSB

Banned
We do see it. That's what 343 wanted to do. Even my little cousins watched Halo 5 beta game play and said it looked and played like Call of Duty. Otherwise, what Halo fan in their right kind was saying, "hey you know what's the most pressing issue in Halo gameplay, the fact we don't have the gun taking up the middle of the screen".
343: "Gotta keep that Metro UK reviewer happy, or he'll say that Halo is too archaic again. Just in case we won't even include a classic scope option, so there's no way somebody ends playing with the old zoom by accident."

Dumb reviewer: "Halo is so modern now! 10 out of 10"

Modern shooter crowd: "Finally I can have half my screen obstructed when I zoom, the old Halo's freaked me out with all that visual clarity. This will keep me entertained till CoD12, which launches next week."

IHaveIce

Banned

N11lAaL.jpg

My GT is Impala26

Your HaloGAF Raiders:

i want to do it aswell :( IHaveAnIce, have a 31 Hunter and a 28 Warlock.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So... dad HaloGAF is dad tonight... just gonna stick this here.

N11lAaL.jpg

Going to try for a newbie-friendly Vault of Glass run tomorrow beginning around 1:00-1:30pm EST** or so. Players of ANY experience level are welcome however.

Highly recommended you bring a Level 26 character or HIGHER if you've not played this before.

Right now, I only have myself and Gringo Suave, but I know others expressed interest a few days ago, so I figured I'd throw throw this up.

My GT is Impala26

Your HaloGAF Raiders:
4: ---
5: ---

i'm interested if there is still room. i played till the last encounter ages ago before we had people drop out. level 31 hunter, still fresh and new to the experience (ie, i had no idea what was going on most of the time the first time through).

EDIT: saw the updated time and full room. ah well. if there ends up being room, send me a msg (LoopOfHenle)

jdouglas

After watching HCS on halo 2, then seeing the Halo 5 show match on the Midship remake, one of the best competitive maps in Halo history, I'm predicting all competitive halo events will use halo 2.

jdouglas

wanna bet on it?

easy money

Ok, I'm exaggerating, and obviously there are going to be some 343 subsidized tournaments, but if natural demand was allowed to dictate the halo that would see tournament play, I'd bet halo 2 would be used just as much as halo 5.

VinFTW

Ok, I'm exaggerating, and obviously there are going to be some 343 subsidized tournaments, but if natural demand was allowed to dictate the halo that would see tournament play, I'd bet halo 2 would be used just as much as halo 5.

I disagree, i dont think you know how this stuff works, the pros would want to play a game that would bring in the most money/viewers.

Youd get a dedicated amount of people watching old Halos, but goodluck bringing in new people

Impala26

i want to do it aswell :( IHaveAnIce, have a 31 Hunter and a 28 Warlock.

Added for the last spot.
:)

i'm interested if there is still room. i played till the last encounter ages ago before we had people drop out. level 31 hunter, still fresh and new to the experience (ie, i had no idea what was going on most of the time the first time through).

EDIT: saw the updated time and full room. ah well. if there ends up being room, send me a msg (LoopOfHenle)

We'll definitely let you know if a spot opens up!

Impala26

I can see why the Destiny OT count is so high. It literally takes pages and pages to organize a single raid with 6 people.

EXACTLY.

Honestly, it's why I didn't bother trying up until this point. I swear I won't make this a regular thing taking up HaloGAF. I mean, I might try to organize again depending on how today goes, but I won't clog it up here.

Mix

EXACTLY.

Honestly, it's why I didn't bother trying up until this point. I swear I won't make this a regular thing taking up HaloGAF. I mean, I might try to organize again depending on how today goes, but I won't clog it up here.

I don't think I'll be able to make it :/ I'll try but no promises.

Impala26

Logging on now, NeoGaf Destiny peeps.

Gringo, it's really unfortunate, but I'm afraid I have to tap out for today. Something has come up that I have to take care of. I hope you can take the reigns for today and I personally would be okay trying again next weekend.

Really really sorry :-(

Well considering the idea was to go through it with peeps that haven't beaten VoG yet, idk if that's still the case. I know there's a few that have already played it. Has anyone still not gotten through it? I mean I'll play with vets, but idk if anyone is still committed to it.

Leave it to 343 to start using the idea of phonemic transliteration codecs for denominations just a week or two after I share what I have of my novel with you guys. Thanks Obama!

oFaVaiT.png

So did this ever turn out to be a real thing?

No way, the chat's totally unrealistic. Entire chat should be full of "343SUX" "PLAY CE THIS IS AWFUL" "MORE LIKE MASTER THIEF CORRECTION MIRITE" "anyone want to 1v1" "a/s/l"

Top Bottom