• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

It makes no sense to me that Gold 3 and Onyx 1 which are similar in rank/skill are divided and yet Gold 3 and Gold 1 share the same logo and yet there is a wider gulf in skill between those.

The fact that your exact rank isn't displayed either unless you go into a person's service record just shows they aren't willing to fully commit to the point of rankings. They still think it's about "e-peen" as opposed to information. I want to know right away that this person is an Onyx 3, not just see he's in Onyx, which could make him anywhere from 40-45 in skill or whatever.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the presence of additional information doesn't change the fact that it's absolutely about e-peen. If the MM and ranking systems are doing their jobs, how does it benefit you to know his exact rank? And if they're not doing their jobs, then their rank is just noise.

Also, if you see that you're a Gold 3 dropped into a lobby of Gold 1s, as opposed to Onyx 1s, are you going to drop out? How would the additional information alter your behavior?

RdN

Players found! A second later... Searching for more players.

Haven't been able to get into a match for weeks now.

Madness

Biggy

I had three accounts, one of them was Semi-pro. Exwife and Ram were, too. I forget who else.

I now remember Tawpgun was also semi-pro.

Meeeee

Also Shoutouts for ttuvapor getting shit on by GAF again

Gotta see how people stack up in the final release. I know for a fact I'm not touching ranked until I have a good team of players ready to play competitively, headsets and nonstop. 10 matches to either be bronze or onyx. Once you get placed, it's much easier to maintain or drop slowly. But the grind to go up after a poor placement is so bad.

It's crazy, most of the top Reach players from here all made semi-pro. Don't know what Tashi was ranked. And Plywood doesn't have an Xbox One yet I think. Let's see if you guys can make pro or semi-pro after launch. If you do, you're legitimately in the top 2% of all players (semi-pro), and pro is top 200 of that 2%.

Ghazi

Speedy just got responses from the Xbox Twitter and Aaron Greenberg to his anniversary tweet. Clearly we're not dealing with just everyday shilling, this is... Advanced shilling.

philipnash19

Neo Member
I was just wondering how you guys and gals think the first encounter between the Chief and Locke is going to go down in Halo 5. Do you think it's going to be a good or bad encounter?

I myself believe that the Chief will be carrying out his own desires as he tries to block out the pain of Cortana dying through means of war, and as he is leaving ( getting in a warthog or something) will see a strange and mysterious silhouette standing watching him as he leaves, causing the chief to question what just happened there. Then in a later mission the Chief will be again doing his thing and the scene will switch to a cutscene of him walking, but realising that someone is watching him, he turns around with his weapon raised to see Locke standing not far behind him. (Locke had not show up on his radar, in a sort of Spidey Sense moment where Spiderman cannot sense Venom. This can be achieved by means such as Locke's armour being some kind of special armor that blocks chief's motion tracker maybe?).

They will talk about who Locke is and why he is there. Locke will tell chief that he has been ordered to bring him home by any means necessary. This will cause a difference of opinion, which will lead to an escalation and the two will become rivals for the rest of the campaign until a greater threat causes them to have to team up with Locke abandoning his orders for the greater good. A friendship will emerge from all of this.

I was just wondering how you guys and gals think the first encounter between the Chief and Locke is going to go down in Halo 5. Do you think it's going to be a good or bad encounter?

I myself believe that the Chief will be carrying out his own desires as he tries to block out the pain of Cortana dying through means of war, and as he is leaving ( getting in a warthog or something) will see a strange and mysterious silhouette standing watching him as he leaves, causing the chief to question what just happened there. Then in a later mission the Chief will be again doing his thing and the scene will switch to a cutscene of him walking, but realising that someone is watching him, he turns around with his weapon raised to see Locke standing not far behind him. (Locke had not show up on his radar, in a sort of Spidey Sense moment where Spiderman cannot sense Venom. This can be achieved by means such as Locke's armour being some kind of special armor that blocks chief's motion tracker maybe?).

They will talk about who Locke is and why he is there. Locke will tell chief that he has been ordered to bring him home by any means necessary. This will cause a difference of opinion, which will lead to an escalation and the two will become rivals for the rest of the campaign until a greater threat causes them to have to team up with Locke abandoning his orders for the greater good. A friendship will emerge from all of this.

Retired to Germany (Or Somewhere, It Doesn't Really Matter)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
2015 is the biggest comeback year for Star Wars as a whole, no way I'm reading leaked stuff. :(

I honestly wish I had your strength not to look.

Deadly Cyclone, Making StarWars.net has been very reliable with rumours. It's still rumours, so pinch of salt and all but I trust them.

Thankfully, there's no real Force Awakens spoilers in the link for those who are spoiler weak like myself.

Posted in the MCC thread already, but...
Does anyone play mostly Halo 4 multi in MCC? I could use some people to buddy up with. Halo 4 is more or less the only playlist that works for me. My tag is Scrooge McDuck

Fuchsdh

Posted in the MCC thread already, but...
Does anyone play mostly Halo 4 multi in MCC? I could use some people to buddy up with. Halo 4 is more or less the only playlist that works for me. My tag is Scrooge McDuck

You can hit me up. I'm always happy to play any Halo.

We need to do fake bets on things 343 do

+- when this patch that was supposed to come out s month ago actually comes out

Currently sitting at + 1.5 months away

Ghazi

Didn't they say the big patch (that was supposed to have a beta) was going to go live before the end of Feb? I swear I read that somewhere, but that can't be right because it isn't being talked about and we have four days left in the month.

End of March at the latest. They'd be fools to keep us waiting another month.

I mean they announced a beta for January 26th, delayed it into February, cancelled the Beta entirely, and then Promised a February release date, and here we are late February with no word. I don't expect anything from 343.

Didn't they say the big patch (that was supposed to have a beta) was going to go live before the end of Feb? I swear I read that somewhere, but that can't be right because it isn't being talked about.

Yes they did. 343 has such low standards that they don't care that goal posts are moved

Didn't they say the big patch (that was supposed to have a beta) was going to go live before the end of Feb? I swear I read that somewhere, but that can't be right because it isn't being talked about and we have four days left in the month.

We're apparently getting a date with the next bulletin, so I suppose we'll see whether or not they make that deadline tomorrow.

Or, rather, later today, my time.

Mine01

Is there a bulleting tomorrow?(Wednesday), or when is the next one hitting?

^i remember someone saying you where from mexico? If that's the case I feel bad for you man :/.
Mexican here :p

Booshka

Finally finished my Perma Gravelord, Aggression Mod, NG+7 Dark Souls playthrough, killed all the bosses, including DLC. Streamed it in 4 separate 90 minute chunks. Next challenge run is to do the same shit, but incorporate some PvP into it.

My bet is on the MCC patch releasing in March.

CeeSaw

So I was listening to the Giant Bombcast today and pretty early on Drew started to talk about MCC and it still having problems. Brad mentioned he had gotten an email from a guy who was invited to a small, closed preview of the patch and it seemed to be working a lot better. There is no way to verify this (even Brad said so) but if it is true, we could be looking at a patch hopefully sooner than we think.

Link to said podcast
http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-55-2015/1600-1148/

Mine01

Hope it gets fixed soon, I don't have any problems playing solo but a friend might get a bone soon just for halo. Can't wait for more info on the patch.

Top Bottom