• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

IHaveIce

Banned
So I was listening to the Giant Bombcast today and pretty early on Drew started to talk about MCC and it still having problems. Brad mentioned he had gotten an email from a guy who was invited to a small, closed preview of the patch and it seemed to be working a lot better. There is no way to verify this (even Brad said so) but if it is true, we could be looking at a patch hopefully sooner than we think.

Link to said podcast
http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-55-2015/1600-1148/
bugglaboo

Leyasu

Banned
Posted in the MCC thread already, but...
Does anyone play mostly Halo 4 multi in MCC? I could use some people to buddy up with. Halo 4 is more or less the only playlist that works for me. My tag is Scrooge McDuck

Where are you from mate? I play quite a bit of halo 4

Hmmm. MCC just wont load for me this morning. Just sits on the main splash screen as if I've booted it up, but doesn't go anywhere.

Damn it. Time for a hard reset.

willow ve

Hmmm. MCC just wont load for me this morning. Just sits on the main splash screen as if I've booted it up, but doesn't go anywhere.

Damn it. Time for a hard reset.

That happened to me as well. A few weeks ago. Nothing would load beyond the splash screen (although curiously the menu music would start playing after a few minutes).

Only thing that worked was hard reset.

Now I have my xbox power settings set to "energy saver" (instead of instant on) and I make sure I quit out of any game or app I've been playing before turning the box off. Only thing that seems to have helped.

jem0208

This comment contained nothing at all incriminating. Nope.

Probably shouldn't be talking about this I assume ;)

Just found these on /r/halo:

H2AMauler.jpg

I especially like the open handled one with the blade, bit closer to the original design.

I want the Mauler back in 5 :(

Impala26

Probably shouldn't be talking about this I assume ;)

Just found these on /r/halo:

H2AMauler.jpg

I especially like the open handled one with the blade, bit closer to the original design.

I want the Mauler back in 5 :(

Nice find.

Mauler had one of the more interesting shot and reload sound effects amongst Halo weaponry as well.

It also shares the name with one of the best weapons in Perfect Dark, so it's got that going for it :p

#MaulerinHalo5

Omni

I kinda wish dual wielding would return for legendary weapons on maps.

Imagine having two maulers. Of course you'd lose the ability to throw grenade or something but //shrug

RowdyReverb

The weird thing is, the longer I wait for this patch, the more optimistic I become that it will be "the one" because they've spent so long on it.

jem0208

F.E.A.R. sort of had something like this...

Granted it wasn't true ADS and more of a "focus-sight" mechanic, but it was there for all weapons, including when you were dual-wielding pistols/machine pistols.
So kinda like the zoom on the AR? Instead of ADS you just stick your neck really far forward.

Computer

I kinda wish dual wielding would return for legendary weapons on maps.

Imagine having two maulers. Of course you'd lose the ability to throw grenade or something but //shrug

Speaking of legendary weapons. I was thinking how fucking cool it would be for the Halo CE Pistol to return in H5 as a map pick up legendary weapon? Do it 343! Also I wonder what the perk will be for the legendary rocket launcher.

Fuchsdh

Speaking of legendary weapons. I was thinking how fucking cool it would be for the Halo CE Pistol to return in H5 as a map pick up legendary weapon? Do it 343! Also I wonder what the perk will be for the legendary rocket launcher.

My thought when someone brought this up on Podtacular would be homing rockets a la H2.

dwells

Biggy

I had three accounts, one of them was Semi-pro. Exwife and Ram were, too. I forget who else.

I now remember Tawpgun was also semi-pro.
I was as well, and I sucked. Getting Semi-pro was comically easy as long as you had one person to play with who didn't spend most of the game drooling on their controller. I imagine getting a Pro ranking would've been pretty damn easy with a moderately competent team of four.

BK pub stompin' erryday.

Tawpgun

I was as well, and I sucked. Getting Semi-pro was comically easy as long as you had one person to play with who didn't spend most of the game drooling on their controller. I imagine getting a Pro ranking would've been pretty damn easy with a moderately competent team of four.

BK pub stompin' erryday.

I think I coulda gotten pro in the beta if I only played with the dong squad.

But the matchmaking was still solid. I remember when we were rolling with all pros/semi pros we were getting matched up against actual Halo pros and other really good things. Those intense matches were pretty fun but as Barlow Roll says "Sometimes I just wanna dong"

Impala26

So kinda like the zoom on the AR? Instead of ADS you just stick your neck really far forward.

Animation-wise it was literally pushing both weapons closer together and forward to be more in line with your straight line of sight while the camera zoomed in ever so slightly.

The zoom was very much akin to just as you said--it was like your character was lurching their neck forward and squinting, lol.

Regardless, F.E.A.R. is a great game--both story and atmosphere wise and it just plays like a fantastic FPS. The A.I. enemies in that game were and still are some of the most advanced I've seen in an FPS.

dwells

But the matchmaking was still solid. I remember when we were rolling with all pros/semi pros we were getting matched up against actual Halo pros and other really good things. Those intense matches were pretty fun but as Barlow Roll says "Sometimes I just wanna dong"
Unfortunately I mostly matched other Semi-pros and the only Pro ranked players I saw weren't any names I recognized. The ranking system seemed way too vague for me, as there was a ton of skill gap within the rankings. I was bad at H5, and yet with a single teammate, we had no problem winning 90%+ of our games at the Semi-pro level.

Just didn't make sense to me. Compared to the last time I actually played Halo competitively and decently (H2 days), it wasn't in the same ballpark. Team Hardcore at even the mid-30s resulted in nearly every single game being crazy intense. Hell, even the Team Slayer playlist was intense and competitive at 40+.

My teammate ran into one of the better known pro teams (forget which) as a To3 when he was searching alone in H5. He's pretty good, but he said the only way he could describe what they did to him and his randoms was getting "roflstomped."

On a side note, I think the Forge maps were easily the best playing maps in the beta. The one with the two opposing towers/perches was a little stand-offy and too much hotspotting for the combat, but I liked it the best nonetheless still. Forge designs were surprisingly good.

Well, other than that horribly glaring sun in that one map. It totally makes sense that a super solider 500 years from now wearing a completely opaque and reflective visor on his whatever generation of suit they're supposed to be wearing would get blinding glare.

Overdoziz

Banned

Matchmaking did seem good, but the last week it was really miserable for me. 90% of the people I got matched up with were below gold rank. Then randomly in between the iron, bronze and silver we played a couple of matches against a premade team of actual pros and got our shit pushed in.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
343 should just call up Blizzard and ask their StarCraft II team how they made their leagues/ladders and implement that into Halo 5. Problem solved.

343 should just call up Blizzard and ask their StarCraft II team how they made their leagues/ladders and implement that into Halo 5. Problem solved.

That is what they did. They literally hired the guy who did SC2's system and had him build it.

Shit, he even posted here about it.

Akai__

One of the creators of the SC2 Ladder System (Joshua Menke) actually worked on the ranking system for Halo 5. That's also why the Halo 5 ranking system is very similiar to the SC2 one. He left 343i a few months ago.

SC2' ranking system in comparison:

Bronze
Silver
Gold
Platinum
Diamond
Master (top something %)
Grand Master (top 200 on the Server)

Tell me, that this isn't similiar to the Halo 5 ranking system...

Edit: lol

Top Bottom