• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Soon.

H5 teams and MCC teams are not sharing bandwidth or resources. Or tech for that matter.

MCC big fix is making good progress. More news soon.

21d70ddadc1b9f8bff700a828a24f4b6.jpg

So they're basically redesigning the multiplayer matchmaking from the ground up? I mean that's why it's taking so long right guys?

Here is to hoping for:
= better net code
= instant response UI
= hearing your teamates in-game
= on-screen display of who is speaking during the game
= after-match lobbies
= join in progress for custom game & Forge sessions
= at least an in-game file browzer.

What we will get:
= none of the above
= netcode that throws everyone from matchmaking into a Forge session
= kill cams in Halo CE (They will claim it was a "mistake")

Here is to hoping for:
= better net code
= instant response UI
= hearing your teamates in-game
= on-screen display of who is speaking during the game
= after-match lobbies
= join in progress for custom game & Forge sessions
= at least an in-game file browzer.

What we will get:
= none of the above
= netcode that throws everyone from matchmaking into a Forge session
= kill cams in Halo CE (They will claim it was a "mistake")

I hope this patch removes all the games and launches us into a match of Titanfall.

Madness

So, which will come first; MCC patch (TBA) or the Heists (Mar.10th - so they say)

Probably heists. Bravo was supposed to give us an ETA on the patch this bulletin, so if that's delayed, it seems like they honestly don't know when it will come. I'm thinking end of March is when the new CU will come.

dwells

So the Friday Bulletin came out 3 hours ago and they did not mention the MCC at all. Just don't talk about it and maybe it will go away strategy at work.
Seriously unreal. "Unprecedented level of communication."

I hope someone files a class action over all of this. I want my sixty bucks back. It's not that I really need the cash, I just don't want 343 to have it.

Can't wait for the patch.

Just ventured into H2A to try and mix it up a little from my Halo 4 matches. My team had two level 1's and two level 2's. The other team? One level 36, one level 50, one level 11 and one level 16.

...what the fuck

RowdyReverb

Seriously unreal. "Unprecedented level of communication."

I hope someone files a class action over all of this. I want my sixty bucks back. It's not that I really need the cash, I just don't want 343 to have it.
If it makes you feel better, they're taking a financial hit by working on the game this far after launch. It's not like they're going to sell a enough copies once the game fixed to make back the money they've spent on MCC in the past 3 months.

Also, this doesn't really contradict my earlier statement about their communication. Just because the newspaper has a sports section doesn't mean they're bad at communicating the weather. Furthermore, I didn't say that their level of communication was good, but that it is unprecedented, as in more than I've seen from other game studios.

dwells

If it makes you feel better, they're taking a financial hit by working on the game this far after launch. It's not like they're going to sell a enough copies once the game fixed to make back the money they've spent on MCC in the past 3 months.
Implying they've got more than two part time employees and a college intern working on this thing. Given the amount of progress they've made over nearly four months, my estimate might be generous.

http://aka.ms/feb27update

"We’re pleased to announce that our upcoming content update, which will improve stability, matchmaking, the party and invite system, and more, is now complete and has been submitted to the certification process. Within the next few days, we’ll provide details on timing and content."

UPDATES on Updates!!!!

Reused ass
ets.

FTFY

http://aka.ms/feb27update

"We’re pleased to announce that our upcoming content update, which will improve stability, matchmaking, the party and invite system, and more, is now complete and has been submitted to the certification process. Within the next few days, we’ll provide details on timing and content."

UPDATES on Updates!!!!
OH GOD *intensifies*

Also, looks like the renamed Prophet's Bane (the sword on Truth) to Arbiter's Sword.

RBK

Banned
I'm ready for the outrage if this patch doesn't work.

EDIT: And please stop wearing the community thin 343.

Remove Team Slayer playlist Stinkles, it's only right.

Booshka

Holy shit, I figured it out. Halo 2 back on Original Xbox was a shitty game until April of 2005. The 1.1 update that finally made the game great, came out April 18, 2005. So, expect MCC to be fixed, with Ranks and playlists working properly by April 18, 2015.

343 are so dedicated to the Anniversary experience for Halo 2, that they are recreating the update/patching cycle, "Exactly as you remembered it."

Holy shit, I figured it out. Halo 2 back on Original Xbox was a shitty game until April of 2005. The 1.1 update that finally made the game great, came out April 18, 2005. So, expect MCC to be fixed, with Ranks and playlists working properly by April 18, 2015.

343 are so dedicated to the Anniversary experience for Halo 2, that they are recreating the update/patching cycle, "Exactly as you remembered it."

Mind = blown.

At least this damn CU is done and awaiting cert. If MS had any fucking brains they'd fast track it and get it out by Monday.

The thing is, Halo 2 was nothing close to the cesspool of TMCC before their "big update".

Also, how long does Msofts Certification on the Xbone usually take?

Omni

Who chooses AR starts on Halo 3's isolation over... well anything really. Blah

So much Halo 3 tonight in the team slayer playlist. That's all people are voting for

RBK

Banned
Certification doesn't take that long I think. Could be mistaken, but there's been a few times where it's just a one day turnaround.

You sir, win the internet tonight!

SaganIsGOAT

The difference is that back in 2004 there weren't many other games for players to turn to. Nowadays broken shit gets tossed aside because there are several other games doing it better. I'm mostly acknowledging the fact that people stuck with Halo 2 because there weren't other MP titles like that.

Ramirez

I can't believe that most of you think this CU is the one that's gonna fix everything. I just can't even begin to think that until I actually see it in action.

Booshka

The difference is that back in 2004 there weren't many other games for players to turn to. Nowadays broken shit gets tossed aside because there are several other games doing it better.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Crimson Skies, Splinter Cell:pandora Tomorrow, Counter-Strike, Soldier of Fortune 2, Mech Assault, Unreal Championship, plenty of Sports games, etc, etc.

More good games to play on Xbox than there are now.

None of this matters, because it was a joke, pointing out details to knock down a joke, c'mon.

RBK

Banned
Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Crimson Skies, Splinter Cell:pandora Tomorrow, Counter-Strike, Soldier of Fortune 2, Mech Assault, Unreal Championship, plenty of Sports games, etc, etc.

Honestly Pandora Tomorrow is probably the only valid answer. The rest weren't really that popular.

Top Bottom