• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Booshka

Honestly Pandora Tomorrow is probably the only valid answer. The rest weren't really that popular.

For popularity sure, but all of the other games I listed had healthy online communities and were extremely fun.

Also, pretty sure CS on Xbox was like Top 3 for the entire generation for XBL MP games.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I can't believe that most of you think this CU is the one that's gonna fix everything. I just can't even begin to think that until I actually see it in action.
People keep buying Halo cause they think: "this time they'll get it right." Well have they?

SaganIsGOAT

For popularity sure, but all of the other games I listed had healthy online communities and were extremely fun.

Also, pretty sure CS on Xbox was like Top 3 for the entire generation for XBL MP games.

But were people leaving Halo 2 because of its issues to play those games? Halo 2 wasn't even close to being in the state the MCC is. If you bought MCC and would rather just deal with its issues than play something else you are a masochist.

I can't believe that most of you think this CU is the one that's gonna fix everything. I just can't even begin to think that until I actually see it in action.

You know what the answer is.

Halo-3-believe-miniatures.jpg

Also, looks like the renamed Prophet's Bane (the sword on Truth) to Arbiter's Sword.

Where, I don't see it.

Holy shit, I figured it out. Halo 2 back on Original Xbox was a shitty game until April of 2005. The 1.1 update that finally made the game great, came out April 18, 2005. So, expect MCC to be fixed, with Ranks and playlists working properly by April 18, 2015.

343 are so dedicated to the Anniversary experience for Halo 2, that they are recreating the update/patching cycle, "Exactly as you remembered it."

I came, I saw, I colored.

SoHigh3.png

Bonus filter version, looks kind of neat I think.

You're hired

Omni

Well a few hours of team slayer tonight and I didn't run into too many problems. Uneven teams was the biggest thing (lots of 3 vs 4. Kinda irritating).

Although were Prisoner's spawns always like this? Completely caught me off guard

Akai__

The MCC patch should be MS' priority. Please don't let it take 2 weeks, until it passes certification and please let it work, so they can focus on updating map and gametype settings...

Well a few hours of team slayer tonight and I didn't run into too many problems. Uneven teams was the biggest thing (lots of 3 vs 4. Kinda irritating).

Although were Prisoner's spawns always like this? Completely caught me off guard

The spawn system is broken in Halo CE and in Halo 2. The initial spawns are all over the place and you spawn almost every time next to an enemy.

I'd take even the assurance that we'll hear about it in the next few days with a huge pinch of salt but I think Snipedown said they were using the new patch at the latest HCS tourney and it apparently worked well. Gonna need Stinkles' optimisms on this one.

Akai__

Is Ramirez the new leader of Team Downer?

"They won't change things for Halo 5..."
"The patch won't work..."
etc.

It really gets tiresome. Let people have some hope. I'm pretty sure they are smart enough to figure out, that there's a risk of it not going to work. Jeez...

RowdyReverb

People keep buying Halo cause they think: "this time they'll get it right." Well have they?
Maybe they keep getting it a little bit wrong every time so they can keep people coming back. Like how snack food is designed to be not quite satisfying so you want to eat a few more.

Ghazi

MCC has so many issues and they're updating process is so slow and sometimes nothing is accomplished, seemingly. I just can't imagine this game ever being fixed completely, even the fact that some of the ports are inferior to the 360 is not something that will be fixed.

etc.

It really gets tiresome. Let people have some hope. I'm pretty sure they are smart enough to figure out, that there's a risk of it not going to work. Jeez...
Ram just seems like an actualist, hes calling 343 out for MCC, but liked Halo 5. Nothing downer about it.

VinFTW

etc.

It's called Team Realism

I'd like to think I'm on it as well.

It'll improve stuff, hell it might even fix it, but you still have a myriad of issues to fix after that. Halo 2 netcode, dedis, and ranks are the biggest.

Then theres smaller (but still big) issues like anti-aim in CE, etc

etc.

Naw, man. Ram doesn't think Halo 5 is gonna be garbage. The leader of Team Downer is Dwells and/or Proven Deadly, the unholy power couple.

RowdyReverb

It's called Team Realism

It'll improve stuff, hell it might even fix it, but you still have a myriad of issues to fix after that. Halo 2 netcode, dedis, and ranks are the biggest.

Also Halo 3's weird surround sound reversal. At least that one seems simple enough to fix. I'd like another patch they spend a few weeks on that just fixes a bunch of little things like that.
Hopefully if this CU really fixes matchmaking than these remaining bugs will get more attention.

Edit: huh, my post # is binary for 22

Leyasu

Banned
It's called Team Realism

Put me on team realist to.

They'll get things working better with the next patch because it cant be worsf I would hope.

I agree the three things that you mentioned aint getting fixed yet... Honestly though, I dont think that the dedi server situation is ever getting sorted. They have already confirmed that they wont deactivate the p2p. Which is disappointing and telling.

p2p is here to stay with this disaster.

FyreWulff

Like I said before, when you say Halo 1 spawn system, it should always be written as Halo 1 "spawn system"

Spawns didn't logical until Halo 3. As Akai pointed out, even Halo 2 would start you next to enemies in team games

jelly

If 343 continue to fix all the other issues, niggles, better ports, performance I would be amazed but it feels like it was done wrong from the beginning and nothing but a rethink from the ground up would give the collection a deserved polish and stand alone as the best iterations of all games which should have been the mission statement. If your going to update graphics don't do a Halo CEA. Roll on the next anniversary collection.

Akai__

Ram just seems like an actualist, hes calling 343 out for MCC, but liked Halo 5. Nothing downer about it.

It's called Team Realism

Nothing about his post is "Team Realism". He said the surveys won't do shit and yet 343i made some adjustments. He claims things, that don't turn out to be the way he wants them to be.

Naw, man. Ram doesn't think Halo 5 is gonna be garbage. The leader of Team Downer is Dwells and/or Proven Deadly, the unholy power couple.

I don't think it's going to be garbage either, but I know that I won't play the MP, unless it's Vanilla. He disagrees with dozens of posts full of Halo 5 criticism and makes it seem like his opinion is right.

Ram is Team "I'm 600 years old, i have better shit to do than bitch about halo so i'm just going to troll kids these days"

Pretty much sums up how I feel, but I don't consider it trolling. Trolls are actually funny, but his posts really aren't.

RowdyReverb

I was thinking about something earlier
Suppose they did eventually remaster Halo: Reach. What sort of timeframe would we be looking at? I'd imagine sometime next year to avoid stealing thunder from H5.
Suppose it came out in June 2016. Would it still be added to MCC as paid DLC, or would it make more sense as a stand-alone title? You could really argue for either side. Maybe they'd relaunch MCC with ODST, Reach, and H5 added on as the "Halo Collection" at that point

Ramirez

Why is Akai so mad y'all?

I'm extremely realistic, that's all. I said the surveys won't change ADS/Sprint, and they didn't, and they won't. Find me ANY post on here where I've ever stated my opinion was fact. I've even become relaxed in my AR hate, and actually accept that some people just prefer that type of gameplay. It's whatever to me at this point. Getting your hopes up for a patch to fix everything at this point is foolish, until you actually see it happen, just my opinion.

And Ply, Halo 5 was really good, to me. I think they got it right, and even better than some of the older games, barring a complete shitshow reveal of other stuff, I'm really excited for 5. #teamdowner #donthirejuices

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'd take even the assurance that we'll hear about it in the next few days with a huge pinch of salt but I think Snipedown said they were using the new patch at the latest HCS tourney and it apparently worked well. Gonna need Stinkles' optimisms on this one.

We used the normal retail game at the last HCS tournament. The game wasn't updated with the new CU.

jelly

Suppose they did eventually remaster Halo: Reach. What sort of timeframe would we be looking at? I'd imagine sometime next year to avoid stealing thunder from H5.
Suppose it came out in June 2016. Would it still be added to MCC as paid DLC, or would it make more sense as a stand-alone title? You could really argue for either side. Maybe they'd relaunch MCC with ODST, Reach, and H5 added on as the "Halo Collection" at that point

It would need to come on two disks and require disc swapping which kills the one menu for all idea but a digital release or mega patch sure. As for Reach, it would be nice to have that on Xbox One and part of the MCC Collection and for free so the user base is never split.

Microsoft should redo MCC, fix it up across the board, add ODST Reach, make it the best ever versions this time, fixed campaigns, performance, UI, updates, starting weapons, playlists etc. then relaunch as The Halo Saga/Collection eventually after a few mega patches.

FyreWulff

It would need to come on two disks and would require disc swapping which kills the one menu for all idea but a digital release or mega patch sure. As for Reach, it would be nice to have that on Xbox One and part of the MCC Collection and for free so the user base is never split.

Microsoft should redo MCC, fix it up across the board, add ODST Reach, make it the best ever versions this time, fixed campaigns, performance, UI, updates, starting weapons, playlists etc. then relaunch as The Halo Saga/Collection eventually after a few mega patches.

There wouldn't need to be disc swapping. You'd install the content and only use the main disc.. just like Halo 4.

Leyasu

Banned
And Ply, Halo 5 was really good, to me. I think they got it right, and even better than some of the older games, barring a complete shitshow reveal of other stuff, I'm really excited for 5. #teamdowner #donthirejuices

Man halo 5 was amazing. I thought that they got loads right as well.

Definitely my most anticipated game so far announced on the xbone.

Omni

Would you really want Halo 5 using the MCC UI? Seems to be a bit of a mess to me. It's nice that it allows us to access four different games at once but that's about all it has going for it, IMO.

jelly

There wouldn't need to be disc swapping. You'd install the content and only use the main disc.. just like Halo 4.

Was that a thing, I can't remember, doesn't seem to match other games. If only Blacklist did that, infuriating playing that again made so much worse by the map mission select and no information on the order.

Ramirez

I don't have a problem with what you like or don't like. But I think you are pretty arrogant. Your posts have that tone, in my eyes.

Easy problem to fix, though. Will just try to ignore your posts for the future.

Sorry for any drama I've caused "y'all".

I want to see campaign footage. :(

Well, the ignore button is there for a reason. I'm not arrogant though, have absolutely no reason to be.

Mistel

Banned
Was that a thing, I can't remember, doesn't seem to match other games. If only Blacklist did that, infuriating playing that again made so much worse by the map mission select and no information on the order.
Yes it was 4 had two discs one you installed the other you used to play 4.

Overdoziz

Banned
Why is Akai so mad y'all?

I'm extremely realistic, that's all. I said the surveys won't change ADS/Sprint, and they didn't, and they won't. Find me ANY post on here where I've ever stated my opinion was fact. I've even become relaxed in my AR hate, and actually accept that some people just prefer that type of gameplay. It's whatever to me at this point.

Pretty much how I feel about Halo 5. Sprint is dumb but whatever, ADS is a non-issue and ARs are dumb but as long as I spawn with a BR I really don't mind them. The beta had its fair share of issues but overall I liked it, especially compared to the turd that was Halo 4.

RowdyReverb

Would you really want Halo 5 using the MCC UI? Seems to be a bit of a mess to me. It's nice that it allows us to access four different games at once but that's about all it has going for it, IMO.
Well, the way I was thinking it would be close to a year after H5's release at that point, and it'd be an good way to release a complete version of H5 with all DLC while pooling the remaining online populations together.
It makes sense too when you consider how much it seems they want MCC to stick around for a while, hence all the post launch dev work and planned DLC like ODST.

Korosenai

Well, I'm trying to find a ranked match as a level 7 and after about 6 minutes I finally got put into a game. Everyone's ranks vary from 1 to 22.

3 years into Halo 3 you could find a ranked match at any level extremely fast and everyone would be the same rank, maybe only one or two people would be one rank above or below you.... Those were good times.

ElRenoRaven

holy shit at H2a gravemind! fucking great job, its terrifying now.

Yup. I'm glad they went with a model closer to the old concept art. Looks so much better then Audrey. Other then the graphical bugs and the lack of being able to use old audio with new graphics they did do a good job on H2A without a doubt.

Top Bottom