• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

SaganIsGOAT

I had the block that gif.. What a ridiculous and annoying thing to post, man.

2mad.png

RowdyReverb

Most time is people quitting out ce, at least in my experience, looks like ppl doesn't get ce :(
I wonder what the ratio is for quitters vs disconnects. I want to say there's more disconnects because I don't like to believe there are so many rude people playing Halo, but I know better.
It's not playing anymore right? Just a link?
It's still playing for me on mobile, but it doesn't bother me. I actually stared at it for a good 10 seconds, transfixed

Nowise10

Yeah my CE matches have been ending early alot. I can't tell if its someone manually ending the game, or if its the game just ending itself for some reason.

NOKYARD

Anyone interested in a H2A Waterworks remake for post-patch customs?

It's in my file share*.

* You can find my GT on the first page of the Campaign Timing Leaderboard for Halo 2 Delta Halo Heroic. GT: runNOKYARDrun

First chapter of New Blood done. And... huh.
- Buck, Romeo, and Mickey are Spartans
- on a mission to save Virgil and the girl from the ODST data packs from Rebels
- Romeo and Mickey turn out to be working for the Rebels at the end of the chapter.

Too early to decide if I dig the direction. Buck's tone is pretty good, but a few big words I can't see him saying. But I'm enjoying reading it so far.

- Romeo and Mickey turn out to be working for the Rebels at the end of the chapter.

Too early to decide if I dig the direction. Buck's tone is pretty good, but a few big words I can't see him saying. But I'm enjoying reading it so far.

WAAAAAAAAT??????

SaganIsGOAT

💩💩💩💩💩

Omni

Christ

Welfare

What?

WHAT?

RdN

What the hell?

Madness

I predicted that's where 343 would go.

That humans would be killing humans soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to kill enemy Spartans and human soldiers in Guardians or future games, pit UNSC/ONI vs. Rebels or eventually UNSC vs ONI whatever.

I feel confident saying now for me, the fight was finished, I don't care about any of the story now.

I predicted that's where 343 would go.

That humans would be killing humans soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to kill enemy Spartans and human soldiers in Guardians or future games, pit UNSC/ONI vs. Rebels or eventually UNSC vs ONI whatever.

I feel confident saying now for me, the fight was finished, I don't care about any of the story now.

Yeah I could see them demonizing ONI, especially considering Serin Osman and Parangovsky's actions.

jem0208

Why is this a bad thing...?

noooooo hearing this breaks my heart ;_;

Well I guess we have to get more villains somehow

Mistel

Banned
Well we hardly knew anything about them in the first place. The games aren't particularly good at developing characters at all. It might be quite interesting if we learn of their motives.
There's probably more in later chapters that explains their motives.

Madness

Forget how long you play as each character or whatever – it’s really about contextualising the Chief.

Sorry Frank, but if I'm playing as Locke for 75% of the campaign, I'm not necessarily going to like it. You can contextualize Chief perfectly well without hamfisting a no-name new character down our throats for the majority of the story. I'd rather play as Arbiter and hear Keith David than Colter as Locke.

Though you can pretty much kiss making such a huge positive impact on Xbox One, the way it did on original Xbox goodbye with the MCC launch and subsequent problems.

TheOddOne

I don't think this was posted, nothing too major but has some tidbits about Locke/Chief H5 storytelling.

EDIT: Source article by Games Radar
Forget how long you play as each character or whatever – it’s really about contextualising the Chief. As much as Locke’s an important character in the universe himself, he’s also going to be a useful cipher for you to explore Master Chief’s character from an outside perspective.
Forget how long you play as each character or whatever – it’s really about contextualising the Chief.
contextualising the Chief.
tumblr_n6r8sv5jJC1sdkeh4o1_500.png

Glass

It sounds like a fresh take on a Halo campaign. Without something to shake things up, people would be complaining 5 campaigns of Chief might be getting a bit stale. Right now I'm imagining it like Halo 2, but instead of the Arbiter and Chief missions being completely separate, here one is hunting the other one, tracking their movements, trying to figure out what the other was up to.

My worry doesn't come from the games structure but the script and voice acting. Locke is going to be nestled next to Chief and I'm guessing the Arbiter. Two voice actors who know how to deliver the goods. Locke better have some damn good lines and some good delivery. I hope they did a lot of takes.

RBK

Banned
Eh, if you'll never understand the complaint then I don't need to explain it I guess.

How can I understand something that hasn't been explained?

I'll just take it as "I don't want to get in a debate right about now" kind of post.

Madness

How can I understand something that hasn't been explained?

I'll just take it as "I don't want to get in a debate right about now" kind of post.

"I'll never understand" means that you already have your mind made up on it. I get it man, you love Halo 5. You think it'll be the greatest Halo since CE, to you ADS/Sprint/Spartan Abilities are great additions.

But it's simple, I want to play as Chief in a game supposedly starring him and about his Master Chief saga. I don't want to play the majority of the time as some random guy 343 invented because their last character (Palmer) they tried to push down our throats sacked.

Don't get me wrong, I had no problem playing ODST or Reach and hope that eventually other games will allow us to play as other characters, but if you're going to pull a Halo 2, keep in mind, Chief is the star, not Locke. I'm just going off of what Shinobi and others have said earlier, where Locke is the star of the game while Chief has a fraction of the game play, plus Colter sucked as a voice actor in the few parts we saw in MCC cinematics, especially against guys like Steve Downes, Keith David.

ultimota

plus Colter sucked as a voice actor in the few parts we saw in MCC cinematics, especially against guys like Steve Downes, Keith David.

opinions n stuff :p

I actually thought his delivery in those cutscenes was pretty good, much better than his nightfall performance (though that wasn't necessarily bad either)

Madness

opinions n stuff :p

I actually thought his delivery in those cutscenes was pretty good, much better than his nightfall performance (though that wasn't necessarily bad either)

"Sorry Frank, but if I'm playing as Locke for 75% of the campaign, I'm not necessarily going to like it."

Obviously. It's why I prefaced it by saying if I AM playing, I AM not going to like it etc. I can totally see others love Locke, just like they liked Commander Sarah Palmer. Colter was alright. Locke, Macer, and Randall-037 were the best part of Nightfall, but he wasn't as amazing as I thought, acting was a bit poor but he just seemed amateurish when it came to the voice work in MCC. There's a huge difference when you have people like Steve Downes, DiMaggio, Keith David, Jennifer Hale and others who are legit voice actors doing work and guys like Colter coming in.

Maybe through Locke we'll get a better understanding of ONI. It could turn out to be as significant to the franchise as Halo 2 was in showing that the Covenant wasn't just a group of mindless aliens we had to save the Earth from.

Fans will initially hate it, but appreciate it over time.

Madness

Maybe through Locke we'll get a better understanding of ONI. It could turn out to be as significant to the franchise as Halo 2 was in showing that the Covenant wasn't just a group of mindless aliens we had to save the Earth from.

Fans will hate it at launch, then appreciate it as time progresses.

Huge difference in what was a fresh take on the campaign after CE (quite a few people hated that you had to play as Arbiter), and like you said, it showed the Covenant separately but tied into the story perfectly. Plus, Arbiter was more complimentary to Chief in the story, and people like Keyes and Johnson tied into Arbiter's story.

But going by what has been rumored or leaked, Locke is now the majority playable character for Guardians. Not only is the visual ID released showing him to be given top billing while Chief is upside down, but devoting Nightfall to him, creating new cinematics for him, they're pushing him hard down our throats like Palmer.

But back to the point of showing more about the machinations of ONI. Is that the main part of the story? In CE, we were told humanity was losing to their fanatical faction of aliens known as the Covenant. But in Halo 4, we're fighting the Didact, Prometheans and Forerunners, along with Jul M'Dama and the Storm Covenant. It doesn't make the same sense as Halo 2 no?

Top Bottom