• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Unfortunately we'll have to wait a while, for a lot of players to download the update. A good run at matchmaking to see if it's improved would probably be tomorrow evening or afternoon. Most players are probably on during the weekend.

Ja. Truth. But I have had pretty good results in the last hour. Ymmv. Also made some backend tweaks for people in the middle of nowhere.

Welfare

First match of Halo 2 was a laggy mess full of teleporting players and sniper bloodshots. Hit detection was simply bad instead of terrible, so I guess that's something, right?

Edit: Just got into game two. 3 vs. 4 on Lockout BRs. Never change, MCC.

image.php

Madness

Ja. Truth. But I have had pretty good results in the last hour. Ymmv. Also made some backend tweaks for people in the middle of nowhere.

What is next month's patch? Is this patch that just released, the transformative content update that was supposed to have a beta?

RBK

Banned

Is it possible to patch in better players? Randoms are the worst I've ever came across in a Halo game.

Remove the Team Slayer playlist.

HTupolev

Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure things like Team Snipers being added wasn't part of a content update?
Maybe...

Still, if "ranks" refers to fixing the ranking and matching system (as opposed to simply enabling visible rank by-playlist), that's much more patch-esque than a playlist change.

jem0208

Maybe...

Still, if "ranks" refers to fixing the ranking and matching system (as opposed to simply enabling visible rank by-playlist), that's much more patch-esque than a playlist change.
True, that said hopefully matching issues should mitigated somewhat by fixed matchmaking. I imagine the MCC was literally throwing anyone it could find at you. If it is fixed hopefully they tightened up the parameters.

dwells

If I didn't have work in the morning I'd download and play now, but instead I'll just keep watching Venture Brothers.
Boo. I've got work in the morning and have to get up extra early to clear the snow off my car and I'm on. I'm gonna have a good game of Halo 2 with even teams and functioning hit registration, dammit.

npa189

Well I'll explore this tomorrow after classes, hopefully they brought MM up to Halo's previous standards. I'm excited to give Halo another go, it's still been too long.

Guys. Guys. The update!!

Now to see if it works.

Edit: amazing that when I tell the Mrs that this is supposed to be the patch to fix it she responds with "How many times have I heard that?" And she doesn't even play the game. Damn.

RdN

Played 5 matches, which is more than I had played in the last 2 months, all 5 with a party of 4 players, something that was simply impossible before.

Matchmaking was fast and reliable for every one that I played. It doesn't seem to be matching by skill yet, which kind of sucks, but at least I get to play.

However, I did experience high pings on 2 matches (Slayer on Halo 2: Anniversary and Team Snipers on Halo 4). The other 3 were pretty great, the kind of experience that I expect from Dedicated Servers.

Halo CE still suffers from latency, specialy shot registration.. but is miles better than at launch. Considering that they're using the PC version, I don't see it getting much better.

dwells

The supposedly fixed before launch ("old build") 60FPS double speed Carbine, aka the Deathbine, is still alive and well. Game four is SMG spawn objective on Turf. Ugh. Gonna stick it out anyway.

Edit: Oh look, my teammate quit.

really don't wanna change my clan tag, I've become accustomed to my "343 dun goofed" tag; but darn it I've played more BTB in the past 40 mins than I have in February

HTupolev

So what's the consensus so far?
Vastly improved.

The ports still aren't good ports, the playlist and map settings are still bad, and there's still the whole "some of my friends sold their Xbox One" issue. But the infrastructure is getting somewhat serviceable.

dwells

Well, game five was fine from a technical point. Except the lack of ranks means I get matched with teammates who go a combine 2 and 35, literally. Not even remotely fun.

Edit: Game six was another 3v4 and began with my teammate betraying me for sniper. Already quit that one. Fantastic.

daedalius

Getting games super fast in btb, all seem to have been decent connections as well.

Of course right after I post this halo 3 fails to load. Although, I'm not too unhappy about that personally :p

AR starts in standoff...

Omni

Was just about to say that. Backdrops are awesome. I probably wouldn't have them transition so fast though.

But I guess it gives me something to watch while I'm waiting for games. :3

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, my new $30 copy just arrived today, haha. I'll be on for a bit tonight if anyone wants to team up. My housemates are asleep, so I can't use my mic tho.

Omni

Well. It took 6 minutes to find a full BTB match.

Which is an improvement over the 30+ minutes it took pre-patch. I can deal with this

dwells

Game seven was a blowout. Turns out when two people quit on the other team, it doesn't really make for balanced gameplay.

Screw it, time to get five hours of sleep before work. Hope y'all have better luck than I did.

Impala26

Something like 4 to 8 of you folks should get together to see if customs networking is improved at all.

All in all, exciting news thus far.

With that, I'm out, see yinz guys tamarrah!

This is all sounding frighteningly positive chaps.

Dare I have hope again? If anyone from Euroland wants to team up, I'll be on tonight from like 8ishGMT.

Top Bottom