• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Spasm

Yea, I had some like this, then I went in and set mine to Thruster and I had a Thruster the next time I played BTB. Coulda been a different gametype, I dunno.
BTB TS always had set loudouts with no AAs. BTB Objective always had custom loadouts with AAs. I'll be disappointed if TS works like objective now. I would love the reverse to happen.

QmbcSnO.jpg
OMG I found a game in 5 min! And I didn't do too bad!

So far it hasn't changed much for me. Search times are pretty long, games end randomly mid-game. I got kicked to the menu when a game started. Haven't noticed any uneven teams yet though.

Haruko

I really can't believe the score thing is still happening, what on earth is causing that? Makes no sense to not have it squashed by now.

I've wondered if that's just related to the bug where the designated "host" (be it p2p or Dedis) has had the ability to end the game or boot players, from his menu. Has it happened to anyone in a match where they know 100% that no one in the game has done that?

ElRenoRaven

Well I'll be damned. I will give them props. Finally we have a step in the right direction. Matchmaking is now functional. That's actually a pretty huge step. Now hopefully they really do continue to get everything else fixed and we end up with the love note to Halo we were promised.

dwells

Umm... how is this possible?
Keyless Ignition?
Yeah, keyless everything. Doors and trunk and everything open and lock automatically with touch sensors. It's nifty. Being able to lock the car when it's running is actually pretty useful - I can leave it running on the street but still safe and locked if I need to pop into my apartment real quick.

Omni

Is there a reason why emblems don't show up in Halo 2 and stuff? Like in-game. Makes it hard has hell to identify anyone

Fuchsdh

Is there a reason on the XB1 you don't get kicked and forced to download updates like in the 360 days? I found it annoying at the time, but issues like this demonstrate that it's good to have everyone running the latest version when it gets to multiplayer.

Ahh I see. Man, I can't wait to get out of work to try this. Hopefully we'll get snowed in tommorrow. lol

You and me both. I want a snow day off from work, and thus far I haven't gotten it.

First few games I've played in about a month. The match making is definitely improved. However, they really need to do something about quitters and afk. It's seriously ruining my experience, and I honestly don't want to play until they fix that. All that being said, it's nice to be able to get into games within reasonable time limits.

Omni

Is there a reason on the XB1 you don't get kicked and forced to download updates like in the 360 days? I found it annoying at the time, but issues like this demonstrate that it's good to have everyone running the latest version when it gets to multiplayer.

Didn't that happen with a patch a couple months back and everyone started bitching about it here?

First few games I've played in about a month. The match making is definitely improved. However, they really need to do something about quitters and afk. It's seriously ruining my experience, and I honestly don't want to play until they fix that. All that being said, it's nice to be able to get into games within reasonable time limits.

theoretically a ranking system is the incentive to finish the match.

Evolve has a nice little step. 1 min delay that goes up and up every time you leave a match early.

Welfare

So I tried starting up the game, and the menu takes slightly longer to load than usual. Oh well.

I see I unlocked a new Avatar, so I naturally go to the options to check it out. I press start and the menu never loaded.

Patch :(

daedalius

Party games worked really well last night too, got into matches quite quickly!

Skill matching isn't there yet, but that's just normal for halo :p

Watching the quicklook for the unfinished new Unreal Tournament, mmm dat flak cannon! Why couldn't they have made the scattershot that good??

Freeser

Party games worked really well last night too, got into matches quite quickly!

Skill matching isn't there yet, but that's just normal for halo :p

Watching the quicklook for the unfinished new Unreal Tournament, mmm dat flak cannon! Why couldn't they have made the scattershot that good??

Blasphemy. Sounds like a promising update can't wait to give it a go.

dwells

Anyone been playing Halo 2 Classic? I'm interested to see if anyone has had better luck than I did last night. Seemed to me that the hit detection and lag were still major issues, as well as uneven teams.

If the update was correct in that we're not seeing another patch until next month, the game is still pretty broken. Fast matchmaking with uneven teams, lag, bad gametypes, quitters, and no ranks is still a very subpar experience.

Thank god we've seen our first real improvement, though.

Anyone been playing Halo 2 Classic? I'm interested to see if anyone has had better luck than I did last night. Seemed to me that the hit detection and lag were still major issues, as well as uneven teams.

H2C's hit detection is better, but yeah still not as responsive as one might wish for.

Rockyrock

I played a few rounds of Halo 2 Hardcore last night and the connection/ hit detection was flawless for me. MASSIVE improvement compared to what it was.

teams were 'balanced' as in 4v4 but it was a complete shit show otherwise. Still needs ranks desperately. There is still no true skill which completely ruins the game. Not fun when the other team all know what theyre doing an you get stuck with an elite that goes 2-13.

Yep. Having ranks fixes this. You know as we've been telling 343 since they took over years ago.

jem0208

That's what the other patches were. I heard this one makes it stable
I'd say it's mostly acceptable now. Matchmaking times are massively reduced and I'm actually finding matches in playlists which aren't Halo 4. Lag wise has also been pretty positive for me.

Still have issues like the occasional uneven match or match which abruptly ends. However the game is certainly playable now.

That said SMG starts are still a thing so maybe not.

Karl2177

You and me both. I want a snow day off from work, and thus far I haven't gotten it.

People were bitching when the game kicked them out of their Forge session without saving their 4 hours of work to download the patch. It'd be the smartest to lock MM if you are on and the patch is up. You can keep playing Campaign, Forge, Customs, etc, but not MM.

Mine01

They should make something like that you cant join a match till the one you left finishes. But thats too harsh for when you quit for lag or smth like that.

Leyasu

Banned
I will download this later and give it a try tomorrow. It'll be nice to have a functioning MCC until halo 5 comes out and dominates my gaming time.

I like Truth's updates in that you can nade Sword to your person and the movement options let you go from spawn to top mid, but Midship just does not work in the confines of H5G's sandbox - everything becomes way too open and there aren't enough movement options compared to, say, Empire.

Fuchsdh

I agree completely, but, maps like Warlock should NOT have BR starts. The most frustrating thing is when you go 18 and 18, and the rest of the team is - 20. Its not that fun.

Yeah having BRs on Warlock turns into a wreckfast far too easily—even minute differences in skill or teamshotting between teams turns into a steamrolling.

On the other hand yesterday I played AR starts CTF on Standoff with 3v3. That was painful, and I don't know why larger maps like that wouldn't have a BR, especially in Halo 3 where it has an effective range cap.

Top Bottom