• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

The UI is a lot snappier. Just played for about an hour with mixed results. Matchmaking is much faster, though I had a couple instances where it just would not find a final person and I had to back out. There's still some issues with actually starting a game. People are still getting lost when the game is being made, resulting in some uneven teams. One time I went straight back into matchmaking after the countdown ended. It seems like Halo CE gets closer to it's original version with each update, but I don't think Halo 2 will ever shake that PC jank. Both feel better, though.

AR starts on Sandtrap?

We're never going to finish a BTB game with full teams unless they make separate BTB playlists for each game.

The sensitivity on Halo 3 is absurd. Especially when scoped in. I've got it on 1 and it would be like 7 for any other game. Makes it unplayable.

This patch is a tiny step towards basic functionality. Game still needs a ton of work.

darthbob

8bkHLPH.png

The new search backdrop is really awesome.

Yeah it is, definitely one of my favorite parts of the patch lol

Madness

0nlUjc9.jpg

3-ish minutes to find a BTB match. Multi-bomb assault on Bloodline. So good because the teams were solid and it came down to a last ten seconds bomb push.

Also, you ADS lovers will never convince me that having the iron sights block half the screen from the bottom is superior than the classic approach.

Now all they need to do is get to work fixing the map variants, game types, do some playlist consolidation, bring ranks finally, bring Halo 3 to Team Snipers, try and get the game to where it should've been at launch.

RBK

Banned
0nlUjc9.jpg

Also, you ADS lovers will never convince me that having the iron sights block half the screen from the bottom is superior than the classic approach.

Don't think anyone here has said it's superior.

With a few matches so far, MM is a lot faster, pretty close to older Halos. Don't know anything about parties or any other bugs/glitches yet, but it's an improvement for now.

Will give this a shot tomorrow once more people download the update. I'd play tonight, but I unplugged my Xbox when I was dusting and don't feel like fiddling with the cables in my media center...

I was gonna come and post about how awesome this patch is. And it is. It's fast and works the way I expected it to work on day one. But then I had a game end early so clearly it's not quite there.

But it's loading games quick and I'm having fun.

Madness

One final thought before bed...

We
Almost
Back?

Don't think we'll ever be back for MCC. But it's working good so far. Even teams, finds and starts the matches within about 2ish minutes, etc. No one left to attempt party joining with on my end so can't say if that is fixed or not.

Mesonak

Cross-post from Gaming side.

Just a quick update on things (BTB):

GAME #1: No exaggeration, the quickest search time I've ever had in this game since launch. 17 seconds, BTB Halo 2 Classic on Waterworks. Full and even teams. All was going well...

...until the game ended randomly 7-1 for no apparent reason. Not sure if this is a common issue?

GAME #2: Took longer to find a game, about a minute, but it worked flawlessly with full teams and dedicated servers. H2 on Terminal.

GAME #3: About a minute and a half, full and even teams. Flawless match. H4 Longbow.

#Wemaybeback?

Ramirez

I really can't believe the score thing is still happening, what on earth is causing that? Makes no sense to not have it squashed by now.

RdN

Literally could not disagree more.

Git gud imo.

I'm fairly good, thanks.

Going for game to game, it's pretty clear to me that there's still something wrong with Halo 2 classic.

Even Halo 3 and it's wonky hit detection (thanks to the lack of hitscan) is working better.

Booshka

I think ProvenDeadly is in Neighbor's chat, raging at him to fix the damn game. Might be mistaking him for some other goober's though.

Obscured

I know it isn't great for everyone, but first game after patch, 20ish seconds to find even teams and felt like it was on dedis. This was on team slayer. Loving these backgrounds as well.

Frankie and 343i team you have done real fucking good with the CU! Aussie party of 4 is going real sweet game after game after game. Solid games in CE, 3 and H2A so far.

Aus Halo is back baby!

dude527

Neo Member
0nlUjc9.jpg

3-ish minutes to find a BTB match. Multi-bomb assault on Bloodline. So good because the teams were solid and it came down to a last ten seconds bomb push.

Now all they need to do is get to work fixing the map variants, game types, do some playlist consolidation, bring ranks finally, bring Halo 3 to Team Snipers, try and get the game to where it should've been at launch.

Can I just note how strange that lack of butt pad looks?

jem0208

Downloading the patch now!

I got an actual BTB match. And it worked. It wasn't perfect, minor lag issues and 3 people quit but I still played a full BTB game. Patch is a success IMO.

Nice to hear MM is basically functional. Now, all we need is them to squash the last of the in-match issues and fix the game settings, and I think we're golden.

My god people are hyper all of a sudden

http://xboxclips.com/dark+silver89/aaeef7f0-307b-45cf-8c2b-060b2ae36627

Reminds me of old times :')

AR starts in Big Team!

I really can't believe the score thing is still happening, what on earth is causing that? Makes no sense to not have it squashed by now.

Yeah after fixing search and party issues I'd have thought that would be an absolute priority. Had a Narrows game end after 7 kills yesterday and the day before that had back to back failed map loads. Pretty serious issue in a video game.

willow ve

Found the link to the latest Halo 5 beta survey in my spam folder. Team classic zoom has submitted a few paragraphs in opposition to ADS.

NOKYARD

0nlUjc9 .jpg

In other words, fix Halo 3 forge.

dwells

I regret staying up late last night for my seven games of misfortune.

This morning has been rough. I got out of my car, locked it, walked away, and then realized I never turned it off and it was still running. I may be overtired.

Impala26

I regret staying up late last night for my seven games of misfortune.

This morning has been rough. I got out of my car, locked it, walked away, and then realized I never turned it off and it was still running. I may be overtired.

Umm... how is this possible?
Keyless Ignition?

Akai__

Thought we'd see more tiny patches now, but it seems like they want to continue with the 1 patch per month trend.

Top priority should be now:

• Host not being able to end the game, if he quits.
  • Even teams.
  • Resolving Map Loading issues.
  • Add the missing gametypes to Halo 3 Forge.

In the meantime, people should work on updating map and gametype settings, to the last updated versions. They also should remove BTB maps from certain playlists and make every playlist (except BTB) 4vs4.

Top Bottom