• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

dwells

Is anyone having success with Big Team? I've had two games crash while loading and only one work so far. Thirty plus minutes of searching.

Edit: Scratch that, make it three games now that have crashed.

Edit 2: Four games crashed. Jesus Christ.

Kibbles

edit: Accutally scratch that... apparently none of those maps are being considered because they don't "reach aesthetic expectations" That is a shame...

This map looks good... of course you can tell it is a forge map but the forger did they best they could do with the tools.

The Beaver Creek and Midship remake have been submitted to 343 for testing for HCS season 2 already it seems. Forge Hub is also doing customs frequently to test the maps.
"None of the maps we provided will be sent upstream at this point. Simply put, it seems to be a case of their expectations being higher than what we are able to provide due to the limitations of the the Halo H2A game engine. This is not the fault of you forgers or this community, who can only work with what you are given." - Nokyard, Community Cartographer
I hope Halo 5 has better tools. H2A really needs more maps.

daedalius

Is anyone having success with Big Team? I've had two games crash while loading and only one work so far. Thirty plus minutes of searching.

All of my btb games have been fine, other than I think my connection is shitty, but I think that is actually on my isp this time.

Halo 5 Guardians controllers seen at PAX East. No idea if custom or retail.

11024625_1055148747834555_6258885876596732901_n.jpg

s0dX0yP.jpg

Awesome event. Will def go to one again if they have a boston event. Props to Tashi, bravo, and team
You had good seats. I spent the better part of two hours standing up. I was also behind people who were taller than me and had to constantly shift around to get a good view. Definitely a lot of fun though. First Halo event I've ever been too and I'd definitely go again if there was another one in Boston.

Allegedly, Speedy got an invite from Aaron Greenberg to attend the Microsoft E3 conference:

131.gif

Not really surprised, soulless husks probably make for great marketing tools when they dedicate their existence to filling the emptiness inside with your products.

Tawpgun

Not really surprised, soulless husks probably make for great marketing tools when they dedicate their existence to filling the emptiness inside with your products.

Hell if he was 18 (might even try to do it at 16+) and I was an MS executive I would hire that kid at min wage to just be a booth guy and hand out Xbox Lanyards

After HCS and PAX I got the Halo itch. Gonna hop on MCC for a bit. Anyone else wanna play?

Madness

Speedy should make himself into a "haters gonna hate" or "deal with it" meme and post it on his Twitter every time you guys mention him.

I'm still having a lot of games crash, not limited to BTB. Sometimes many in a row. Every single time I play I still have at least two crashes.

Matchmaking works much faster after the patch, but the other problems still remain and are only more noticeable now that we can actually get matches.

Even if the game were released in this state it would be embarrassing. How far we have come. At least I can get games now.

Madness

There's a lot of issues still present. Random crashes and freezes for me. This game just isn't fixable. There is no way even the current build we have should have been launched. Yeah things are better, but when you're rock bottom, you can only go up.

RBK

Banned
I've probably only played like 20-25 matches since the latest patch.

Honestly the only issues I've ever seen are bad randoms(I'm not good myself really, but still) and uneven teams.

EDIT: Now just had my first game end 20 kills in and one game not even start.

Omni

Anybody notice how terrible the spawns are in H2C in btb team slayer? I don't remember it being this bad on the og Xbox. I guess this is because of the pc port.
Halo you played Halo CE BTB yet?

There are times where you can literally spawn directly in front of 4-5 enemy players.

Alright Hazardous Metal, I'll give ya some attention.
I really don't care about being 100% serious 100% of the time during a match, especially when I'm streaming and having a good time with friends on Skype. If by somehow only getting 43 kills after a lazy match of Halo and red team teabagging my corpse several times
lol
disappoints you, how may I correct myself in becoming a better human bean?

Still though, my apologies for upsetting you somehow. Anyone who is friends with this dingus pliss give him/her a hug for me :]

Halo you played Halo CE BTB yet?

There are times where you can literally spawn directly in front of 4-5 enemy players.

Yes I have, those spawns are god awful. It's just I played alot of H2 back in the day, and I didn't remember the spawns being so bad. Hopefully 343 is now working on getting the in game stuff fixed. Especially with H2A. Sounds cut out, and on Stonetown the framerate dips big time when looking at the wheel.

FyreWulff

Still a step up from CE, which seems like spawning breaks as soon as you go over 3v3 on most maps.

Yeah. You can kinda sorta tell Halo 1's spawns were just adjusted until they "worked" good enough for split screen.

They were decent back then because of the party athmosphere and the fact that someone couldn't abuse them because they'd get punched in the arm for being dicks. You notice it a lot more when you aren't in that sort of setting and you're the only one playing on your screen.

Halo 3 was the first Halo with a spawn engine you could tune for good ones potentially. I remember Ghaleon made a better tuned Standoff for Halo 3 that never found it's way to matchmaking.

Reach is still my favorite for Halo spawn possibilities. Almost every issue in Reach could have been fixed with some spawn tweaks and work. And it was logical and distinct enough that I had fun writing posts like these where you could step through and explain why each spawn happened.

Halo 2 definitely did silly crap like spawning you amongst enemies in BTB Slayer. It was like they were trying to go for a spawn system in between modernism and Halo 1's when everyone just wanted to spawn safely and near their team.

Halo 3 was the first Halo with a spawn engine you could tune for good ones potentially. I remember Ghaleon made a better tuned Standoff for Halo 3 that never found it's way to matchmaking.
One of the constant thorns in a Halo fan's side is how long it took/takes playlist changes when said changes are undeniable improvements.

Top Bottom