• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Ramirez

Alright Hazardous Metal, I'll give ya some attention.

I really don't care about being 100% serious 100% of the time during a match, especially when I'm streaming and having a good time with friends on Skype. If by somehow only getting 43 kills after a lazy match of Halo and red team teabagging my corpse several times
lol
disappoints you, how may I correct myself in becoming a better human bean?

Still though, my apologies for upsetting you somehow. Anyone who is friends with this dingus pliss give him/her a hug for me :]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_sx3ozoXI

Nowise10

That feel when you spent an hour and a half doing a mission of LASO with a friend, and suddenly the game disconnects without warning.

Screenshot-Original.png

Seriously, why. Its such a shitty thing to happen, and yet it occurs so frequently. I guarantee my friend will never play co-op again because of it.

Karl2177

One of the constant thorns in a Halo fan's side is how long it took/takes playlist changes when said changes are undeniable improvements.

Yeah. Sad thing is that I don't see that changing any time in the future. 343i's sustain isn't showing the best track record with MCC, Reach, or Halo 4.

-Ryn

Banned
Ignore that buttmunch Funk. He ain't worth your time.

Allegedly, Speedy got an invite from Aaron Greenberg to attend the Microsoft E3 conference
Welp

The Halo 1 AR is MA5B (name based on Marathon's MA-75B).
The Halo 1 pistol is M6D.
200w.gif

Didnt know about the Marathon bit which is cool. Thanks for the correction dude.

You can only go up after that horrid halo 4 console
I thought the designs were pretty neat but the sound effects were god awful. They should've just gone with the Shield Recharge like the Reach edition.

Yeeeeeeeeeesss

Was really hoping for them to jump out of the Pelican at some point but then the ODST drop happened which was glorious. C'mon 343!

wwm0nkey

Played a decent amount of matches in MCC with a friend today. Was really fun and actually worked but holy hell at those split screen frame drops lol

IHaveIce

Banned
One of the constant thorns in a Halo fan's side is how long it took/takes playlist changes when said changes are undeniable improvements.
You know what would be great? A custom game browser.

custom game browser as the social/ fun or highly competetive scene and ranked playlists.

But it is not like this idea is repeated since Halo 2 and neither Bungie nor 343 are interested in doing that

-Ryn

Banned
It'd be nice if Microsoft were to be more open to the modding community for the Xbox.

Say if 343 were to finally ass in a custom game browser; mods could be great fun for customs with a dedicated matchmaking system for when you just want to jump in to some vanilla game types with dev support.

I mean think it'd be cool. Modding communities come up with some great stuff.

Omni

Pretty sure the people in my last game were actually holding the objective to farm kills. In BTB. In the year 2015.

Shitty behaviour by all. Blocked everyone on the opposing side. May seem a bit immature but I have no time for it. Don't care that we lost but there's no need to draw it out for 15 minutes.

willow ve

Pretty sure the people in my last game were actually holding the objective to farm kills. In BTB. In the year 2015.

Shitty behaviour by all. Blocked everyone on the opposing side. May seem a bit immature but I have no time for it. Don't care that we lost but there's no need to draw it out for 15 minutes.

Complaining about this is a bit hilarious at this point. I mean that really is Halo "exactly as you remembered it."

-Ryn

Banned

Block is totes justified.

I once tried calling a team like that out on their bullshit and instead of just admitting they were boosting their K/D they tried to deny it saying they had been trying the whole time but we just camped our base.

I mean really if it were slayer then I don't care what you do but in objective? C'mon man.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
My team would do it the best. Give the opposing team a free cap while we set up and than double cap in the last minute or so. Gotta give em hope lol.

m23

Yesterday I played Halo pretty much all day with a full party of friends. There were some small issues but for the most part #weback.

Tawpgun

A tiny bit too late, but whatever:

Xbox One Halo: The Master Chief Collection Bundle

halo.png

349US$

The patch is late, but that bundle is on time. Dunno if 343 wants to do this because they'd be acknowledging the fuck up and how long it took to fix, and the game, while working at an acceptable state, still has some kinks people are experiencing....

But I think they should market this sorta like "WE FIXED IT. GAME WORKS. COME PLAY HALO" Because there are a ton of people in the gaming side thread that still thought the game was broken

Havok

For a mere $350, you too can experience the majesty of AR starts on launch Halo 3 map variants in the year 2015, relive the magic of SMG Slayer on Elongation, and if your purchase contains the Golden OS Ticket, your Xbox's party chat will even work without someone needing to hard reboot the console! Halo: The Master Chief Collection, in stores now.

PJSalt

mcrommert

Banned
Wondering if anyone has run into this issue before or has heard of anyone who has. Was playing Halo 2 anniversary with my buddy over the internet and all of a sudden it seemed like we had disconnected. We were in slightly different parts of the level, the strange thing was that i still had an second player with me...we had thought this part had an ai ally or something and didnt think much of it.

Later when i was dying in the game i notice the secondary player (ai) was just walking into walls and shooting at nothing. we realized after some testing that though we had desynced...the secondary player was still getting its directions from his controller. Attached is a video of this strangeness.

Wondering if this was a known glitch with halo 2 or some sort of once in a lifetime thing..thanks

http://youtu.be/sUB9MiQVEg0?t=8m10s

Akai__

The patch is late, but that bundle is on time. Dunno if 343 wants to do this because they'd be acknowledging the fuck up and how long it took to fix, and the game, while working at an acceptable state, still has some kinks people are experiencing....

But I think they should market this sorta like "WE FIXED IT. GAME WORKS. COME PLAY HALO" Because there are a ton of people in the gaming side thread that still thought the game was broken

I don't think it will sell more, than it could have on Black Friday or on Christmas, so "on time" is a weird thing to say. I know you refer to the state of the game and this is indeed an attempt to finally sell a (better) working product. Let's hope they can sell a coupple of units. Population could use a boost.

Also, MCC should be bundled with the Xbox One H5 bundle (if there's gonna be one), for people who didn't want to buy a Xbox One for the MCC.

willow ve

I don't think it will sell more, than it could have on Black Friday or on Christmas, so "on time" is a weird thing to say. I know you refer to the state of the game and this is indeed an attempt to finally sell a (better) working product. Let's hope they can sell a coupple of units. Population could use a boost.

Also, MCC should be bundled with the Xbox One H5 bundle (if there's gonna be one), for people who didn't want to buy a Xbox One for the MCC.

Yeah - that same "bundle" was $329 and it came with a $30 gift card at Walmart on Black Friday.

jem0208

Just had my first game of Gungoose CTF. That was actually brilliant.

They need to go all out in this, weapon pickups, power ups etc. It's awesome.

daedalius

Played some MCC over the weekend now that it's somewhat functional.

My takeaway: Halo 4 in 60fps is so damn gorgeous.

My games of H4 have played better than most other iterations of Halo as well. It runs really well on "dedicated" servers?

Probably has the most network smoothing out of all of the titles I imagine. I figured H2A would run the best, but it seems a little janky in its networking sometimes, and pretty prone to lag.

RowdyReverb

Does anyone know where the nearest Azure data center is for Texas? I want to participate in this e-peen contest do a speedtest, but it's not a great metric for XBL performance if I'm just connecting to the nearest server. I suppose I could always just use the built-in speed test on the XB1

Mix

Does anyone know where the nearest Azure data center is for Texas? I want to participate in this e-peen contest do a speedtest, but it's not a great metric for XBL performance if I'm just connecting to the nearest server. I suppose I could always just use the built-in speed test on the XB1

where are you? There's one in Austin and I believe there's one in Dallas, but other than that I'm not sure.

Omni

Random question. Do we know what resolution Halo 5 will be at launch yet?

Since I upgraded my TV to one that's actually full HD, I've noticed just how ugly anything below 1080p can be. 900p is alright (H2's campaign is nice, admittedly), but with most titles it's rather jarring. It would be disappointing if Halo 2 Anniversary looked better than Halo 5, just because it is native 1080p whereas the latter might not be

Top Bottom