• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Anybody notice how terrible the spawns are in H2C in btb team slayer? I don't remember it being this bad on the og Xbox. I guess this is because of the pc port.

tootsi666

Speaking from my POV, Dota 2 and RTS like StarCraft are far easier to follow because you have a top-down view, and can see multiple actors on screen at once. Also since they are much more about pushing across maps and territory, it's easier to view the status of a match at a moment's glance (whereas the best thing you have in Halo is score.)

A spectator mode with additional details would help, but for me the FPS is always going to be worse for eSports. It's like trying to follow a game of football from a series of headcams on players.
This. CS kinda evades the problem because of rounds based game modes

belushy

Banned
I have to say I'm happy for Lethul though. That dude grinded so hard since MCC came out. Constantly streaming, and scrimming, and he got on the best team because of it.

Mix

Evil Geniuses take it in a 3-0 match against CLG. They were just better than their opponents.

Looks like views reached 23,946 at the height of the finals.

VinFTW

Best tourney since Cbus 2012, maybe ever.

Hands down some of the best Halo I've watched. Glad my team won too :p

Super excited for S2.

Also nice to see crowd hype and 24k viewers while the CoD champs were going on. Hope it improves from here on.

gAg CruSh3r

Evil Geniuses take it in a 3-0 match against CLG. They were just better than their opponents.

Looks like views reached 23,946 at the height of the finals.

EG really had those games locked down.

I hope with the new map and the ODST campaign coming out will help the Halo community. It's been great to be able to play MCC online a lot easier with this new patch.

That was the best weekend of competitive Halo for a few years. They need to get a Beaver Creek forge map in there though, map pool is too small.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That CLG vs Noble Black match was bonkers! I was behind the stage watching and losing my mind haha.

Thanks to all that tuned in!

Tawpgun

That was the best weekend of competitive Halo for a few years. They need to get a Beaver Creek forge map in there though, map pool is too small.
Agree. Wondering how good a midship forge map could be.

Currently in line for h5 beta (because I need more of that in my veins) they're playing strongholds so expecting a 2 min match :/

Ghazi

I hope with the new map and the ODST campaign coming out will help the Halo community. It's been great to be able to play MCC online a lot easier with this new patch.

Matchmaking is fixed, but they need to fix a lot of stuff. Mic indicators in H2A would probably bring the game up to 2004 functionality, so there's that. Ce and 2 online functionality also needs some work, matches ending early and even teams still need to be worked on. Ranks need to come out, quitting penalties need to be put in place. They need to update the settings of some of the game types and maps in the games.

The game is still very far from being fixed, and that's only in multiplayer.

Currently in line for h5 beta (because I need more of that in my veins) they're playing strongholds so expecting a 2 min match :/

Are they AR starts? *shudders*

belushy

Banned

edit: Accutally scratch that... apparently none of those maps are being considered because they don't "reach aesthetic expectations" That is a shame...

This map looks good... of course you can tell it is a forge map but the forger did they best they could do with the tools.

VY3ofU4.jpg

The Beaver Creek and Midship remake have been submitted to 343 for testing for HCS season 2 already it seems. Forge Hub is also doing customs frequently to test the maps.

Yeah I'm just gonna keep getting in line for Halo 5 until they kick me out of this place. Not like there's enough time to do anything else anyways. Plus, gotta scratch that itch. tournament was fun though.

jem0208

I don't know why but I suck at H2A. Every game I seem to get donged on. I generally do really well in all the other Halos but there's something about H2A I just can't seem to grasp...

Haruko

Dunno if anyone already said this, but Friday (slayer) and today (strongholds) have been AR/BR starts at Halo 5 booth. Saturday was Breakout

Mix

Hey I just thought of something, will ODST have the open world mombasa? The MCC is pretty hard on mission to mission, will we get the do that in the MCC?

Hey I just thought of something, will ODST have the open world mombasa? The MCC is pretty hard on mission to mission, will we get the do that in the MCC?

I'll probably let you do the world hub if you start from the beginning, but not if you select individual missions. The original was like that too.

Top Bottom