• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Something incredible happened last night.

I went to preorder ori and the blind forest.

the 7th most played game on live was MCC.

I dont think ive seen that in months let alone weeks. its usually completely off the list.

Ramirez

Yeah the Magnum in MCC CE is super easy to use, doesn't require much effort or thought while aiming. Just 3 shot melt kids all day shooting in their general direction. Not sure where the much trumpeted slickness of movement is supposed to be either, feels like a couple of anchors tied round the ankles. The jumping is just pathetic, like 300 ms firefight levels of input lag on it. Not sure how much of the above is an MCC thing, Haven't LAN'd CE since about 2003.

Still if I had my way I'd only play CE and H3 in MCC.

lol, so true.

JszETxt.gif

No, not with flinch, no descoping and huge aim-assist. It's the worst Team Snipers out there, in my opinion.

Why you being a downer, bro? Let him enjoy what he enjoys.

VinFTW

On mobile right now, but team beyond's snipetality released a beautiful halo 5 video... I'm really missing halo 5.

such a good time in the beta with some of you, game needs to be out now. Really excited for the potential. I actually liked the art and graphic design (bar some lighting issues). Pumped to see the full product.

RBK

Banned
The pistol in CE has always been inconsistent and boring. Just like the MP in the game. 343 shouldn't waste anymore time or resources on that port.
I agree with the bolded, it's always been that way from what I remember. Rest of the post I don't, it's probably the most played Halo on MCC for me outside of of the GOAT(
Halo 3
). Only CE gripes I have it seems like there is only like 3-4 good maps for 4v4 gameplay.

the 7th most played game on live was MCC.
I dont think ive seen that in months let alone weeks. its usually completely off the list.
I'll have to see it myself to believe it, but guess it stood the test of time. Evolve definitely dropped, probably Dying Light and BF4 too.

-bad opinion snip-
Can't blame you for not liking it and having opinions, but I can blame you for going into CE like the other games. You can't.

The game is a different beast and you have to care about improving, otherwise you won't see progress and will end up disliking it or just not giving it a chance because you're expecting/hoping for it to to be like other Halo games, or at the very least the same Halo PC where you can barely find games outside of Snipers/Rockets on large maps with high player counts.
I agree completely. The pistol just feels weirdly inconsistent. Especially at long ranges. BTB CE doesn't feel great at all.
And this is a good indication that you've gone off the deep end, Tawpgun, when jem "completely" agrees with you over a game he's admitted to barely touching.
I'd probably do CE more if it was 1 v 1 or 2 v 2.

We did 3 v 3 on prisoner and I was getting spawn fucked.
Do you understand the spawn system? If not, spawns will always seem fucked on Prisoner on anything more than 1v1. There are overlapping spheres of influence all over that map, covering so much space, and if you're not aware of how spawns work then Prisoner will seem nuts.

EDIT:
Only CE gripes I have it seems like there is only like 3-4 good maps for 4v4 gameplay.
Would be interesting to see some maps added to CE that play well for 4v4.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of bad spawns, remember Bro Slayer in Reach? What a terrible idea.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, this is my first time seeing the active spawning mechanic outside of Invasion as well...

Interesting concept at least, but I'm guessing it didn't stick?
It was just normal 4v4 Slayer with the active spawning mechanic added in. It really sucked.

You just don't understand the nuances of the spawning system. Dat skill gap.
You joke, but that's accurate for 2v2 and under on most maps. Just like you tell people to git gud at Halo 3, this is the same deal. Getting donged on by those using Rockets and Power-ups? Well, you just don't understand timing, so learn when they spawn. Getting donged on by poor spawns in a 2v2 on Hang 'Em High? Well, you just don't understand the spawning system, so take a couple minutes to read http://halospawns.com/ to understand them better. Getting rekt by kids in Smash 64 or Melee and don't understand why people aren't getting stuck in the ground for longer when using Link's Down-AIR? Well, learn to Z/L-cancel.

Getting spawn-fugged in a 4v4 on Prisoner? Well, no shit. Getting shit spawns has been a thing in every Halo the higher the player counts on small maps. Let's not kid ourselves here, people just need to realize CE's spawns were in a game without XBL on maps suited best for 1v1-2v2 gameplay. 3v3 feels really good, but 4v4 may be pushing it on most maps.
I thought the bro spawn system was a cool idea for Invasion.
Never realized people didn't like it.
Same, but that shouldn't have eliminated the possibility of spawning closer than the initial spawn point.

Ramirez

You can't blame people for bagging the spawns in CE though when 343 pushed CE into playlists that have 8-10 people in them. The few games I managed to play with 3v3 weren't much better.

It's ok to admit the game isn't perfect. ;P

Leyasu

Banned
Can someone fill me in on what happens with halo 4a MP? I played it pretty fairly consistently up until the first set of DLC. To me it was kind of ruined by ordinance drops and some of the abilities/loadouts however I have yet to see an ordinance drop on the 10 or so games I've played. Did they cut them from the game? Or am I missing something...

I'm having a blast with halo 4s MP. Team snipers on halo 4 is amazing and so is BR slayer. The BR packs a punch unlike no other in that game.

I enjoy halo 4 also... Although enjoying halo 4 is frowned upon in these parts. The lengendary slayer and BTB are damn good. Agreed on BR part also.

Pisses all over halo 3

jem0208

And this is a good indication that you've gone off the deep end, Tawpgun, when jem "completely" agrees with you over a game he's admitted to barely touching.

It's been quite a while since I said that, I have had a chance to play a bit more.

Anyway, I've played enough to know that the movement sucks, the pistol feels wildly inconsistent and it has absolutely terrible spawns.

It's certainly not a bad game, it's actually very, very good. However compared to the other Halos I think it feels a little janky and I don't think it's quite as fun. Except maybe Reach.

You can't blame people for bagging the spawns in CE though when 343 pushed CE into playlists that have 8-10 people in them. The few games I managed to play with 3v3 weren't much better.
lol for sure, can't blame some randy nobody who doesn't post about Halo as much as we do, but I hope for those who frequent here to at least realize that before spewing nonsense like Tawpgun usually does and like you were contributing to ;'[

When jem and fracas agree with your lack of understanding (not you specifically, just in general), you know you dun goofed.. That's a good indication one should re-evaluate their thoughts on Halo.
It's been quite a while since I said that, I have had a chance to play a bit more.

Anyway, I've played enough to know that the movement sucks, the pistol feels wildly inconsistent and it has absolutely terrible spawns.
<3 I kidd, you know I'll play Halo 3 if you want! Shoot me an invite :]

-Ryn

Banned
It was a gimmick temporary playlist later in Reach's life, iirc
Ohhhh

Weird, that I don't remember that. Guess it was during an offline period for me or something.

Yeah, this is my first time seeing the active spawning mechanic outside of Invasion as well...

Interesting concept at least, but I'm guessing it didn't stick?
Guess not. I can see how it could be an ass a and a half. Firefights in a single area could last for awhile like in the video.

Same, but that shouldn't have eliminated the possibility of spawning closer than the initial spawn point.
I think having 5 potential spawn points as a max instead of the 3 that there currently are (First phase, second phase, bro) would certainly be better. Only being able to spawn from a single point made it especially annoying when the enemy had long range weapons.

Though that's only in regards to the current iteration of Invasion. If it returns bigger and better in H5...

DJ Gunner

Ever since the MCC released I've realized that CE is far and away my favorite Halo. I played it with buds plenty before 2 hit, but after 11/9/04 it was all 2, all the time. Having a real chance (especially now after the fix) to play alot of CE matches online in my view elevates it well beyond the other games. The pace is so much faster (kill times/weapon spawns) and as far as the pistol being inconsistent, I currently find it more predictable than the 2C/3 BR online (although 2 has improved quite a bit). I'm by no means an expert at any of the Halo games, but I consistently do much better at CE than any of the others. I just think that the map design, weapon sandbox and gamepace are the perfect storm for intense competition.

Ramirez

lol for sure, can't blame some randy nobody who doesn't post about Halo as much as we do, but I hope for those who frequent here to at least realize that before spewing nonsense like Tawpgun usually does and like you were contributing to ;'[

When jem and fracas agree with your lack of understanding (not you specifically, just in general), you know you dun goofed.. That's a good indication one should re-evaluate their thoughts on Halo.

<3 I kidd, you know I'll play Halo 3 if you want! Shoot me an invite :]

h3ZN7fq.png

Impala26

a zoojoo is now my archenemy.
Fyi.

Just getting a Gjallarhorn in front of me while I can't get it for months now :(

i know your pain

Ha, he got one? Too bad he barely plays.

*is happy with his lone exotic Ice Breaker* ;_;

(granted I took a pretty long hiatus)

Should we try again with the HaloGAF VoG run for scrubs*?

*Mix is a required attendee

Tawpgun

I'll look at the spawn shit for curiosities sake. Pistol still not a fan of. I can't one man army scrubs like I did in PC. Now even bk's kill me!

And the other complaints.

And for the record, even before you pointed out, when Jen "completley agreed" with me I actually thought that hurt my opinion too haha

GSO

Booshka

Too many shitty TV character references and not enough donging. No wonder you guys don't understand spawns and are getting out-shot by randoms.

Guys, holy shit, I thought I had seen panic and meltdowns in gaming threads, you should see the NFL thread, oh lawwwwwwd!

Yo Stinkles, and other Seahawks fans, enjoy your shiny new Jimmy Graham. He's awesome when he's like an iPod, but if stubs his toe, he turns into a Zune for the rest of the season.

Halo

Who Dat

Top Bottom