• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Just saw this hit Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/23772-halo-escalation-with-duffy-boudreau.html

I never really got into this series, but I did buy the Chief issues and read them on my phone. I know the art especially gets a lot flack here, but this interview does it's job, which is to make the upcoming arcs sound interesting in how they apply to the next game.

Anyone else think "Glass Horizons" sounds like it'll be a Locke story? On the other hand "Nightfall" was one of the least useful pieces of canon ever, so why would a comic that costs way less to make and has way less exposure be anymore useful?

Fuchsdh

I never really got into this series, but I did buy the Chief issues and read them on my phone. I know the art especially gets a lot flack here, but this interview does it's job, which is to make the upcoming arcs sound interesting in how they apply to the next game.

Anyone else think "Glass Horizons" sounds like it'll be a Locke story? On the other hand "Nightfall" was one of the least useful pieces of canon ever, so why would a comic that costs way less to make and has way less exposure be anymore useful?

Probably because 343 has far more influence over the comics.

Trey

I don't think 343 has jumped the shark per se, but the original trilogy somehow feels more grounded despite having just as much space magic nonsense.

Maybe all this character study and political minutiae they've been going with lately is what's bothering me.

How was broken circle? It's the only Halo book I haven't read, and I've had no real drive to do so.

Going off the covers, I don't think it's Locke. Although his home planet was glassed so who knows. Covers seem to show Thorne and Palmer.

fpo47uo.png

Wow

Mix

Just finished reading the interview. I've been enjoying the comics because of the story advancement and I talk more about it on the Podcast that Wahrer linked to earlier. I'm really excited to see where they go, the last few have been really good, I'm enjoying this new writer and the art has been getting better. It's cool that chief won't make any appearance though until Halo 5:G, it'll be interesting to see if they touch on him going off on his own (without blue team) at some point before the game releases.

This also seems to confirm that escalations will wrap up by the time the game releases.

It is in Team Ball!

Is it really? Fuck yeah! And of course Mix is/is going out of town.

Just finished reading the interview. I've been enjoying the comics because of the story advancement and I talk more about it on the Podcast that Wahrer linked to earlier. I'm really excited to see where they go, the last few have been really good, I'm enjoying this new writer and the art has been getting better. It's cool that chief won't make any appearance though until Halo 5:G, it'll be interesting to see if they touch on him going off on his own (without blue team) at some point before the game releases.

This also seems to confirm that escalations will wrap up by the time the game releases.

I imagine if it does wrap, a new title will take its place post 5.

SaganIsGOAT

Just thought I'd stop by to announce Reclaimer Radio Episode 5 is now up! In addition to the usual Adrian, Austin, Ian and Adrian team, our own Tyler "GringoSuave89" Giering is now a permanent addition to the group. It mainly focuses on the latest MCC patch, and also touches lightly on the Halo: Blood Line novel and some additional lore snippets.

Sounds terrible

Also, we talk about the future of Reclaimer Radio with the new ReclaimerHub and all the new content that'll come out with that!

Yup! This is a really exciting time for us and we seriously appreciate the support many of you have given us. Enjoy!

Even worse

BizzyBum

Even though they sorta fixed the matchmaking (games still take long to get into) the game is still not worth playing until they add a penalty for people quitting.

So boring when every game it's 2 or 3 vs. 5

What happened this time? I tried to search, but it's terrible on mobile.

Dave Jones posted and said that he had no idea who Kampf was, and that he certainly wasn't on the Crackdown team.

What's odd is, I remember him getting verified as a dev before he started talking about working on Crackdown. So he was legit at one point. Guess he wanted the attention.

Top Bottom