• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

dwells

Really no point in arguing, games not broken. As many others have stated, it has bugs/issues. But broken? Naw.
Four month old game that only recently gained partially functional matchmaking, is missing launch features, has hundreds of bugs including game breaking ones, and still crashes = not broken.

Okay, got it.

-Ryn

Banned
Four month old game that only recently gained partially functional matchmaking, is missing launch features, has hundreds of bugs including game breaking ones, and still crashes = not broken.

Okay, got it.
A lot of people seem to be having a much better experience since the update. From what I can tell it's moved from broken to just functional.

What features?

I wish Palmer was better written, cause she's attractive AND voiced by the One True Commander. Please 343, make her better :'[
Ehhhhhhhhhh

Really would've liked her to be well written though ;)

I'm sure thats coming. It better be
It even has explosive rounds!

That sounds like legendary weapon material right?

Madness

I wish Palmer was better written, cause she's attractive AND voiced by the One True Commander. Please 343, make her better :'[

Only 18% played as Femshep in ME2 and ME3, the one true commander is Mark Meer for most of us :)

But yeah, her character can't be saved at this point I think. They'll still utilize her for the ONI/Halsey story but many fans have checked out on her character. Just poor writing. I think the fact she wasn't really accepted by fans, is why the development of Locke happened. Palmer was given a huge push in the h4 campaign, she introduces us to war games, she's a main character in Spartan Ops. She got a game dedicated to her, a comic book. But she never took hold. I predicted Halo 5 would be Chief and Palmer as leads. Now it seems like they rebooted and want Locke to take the role Palmer was supposed to.

Suggestion for a Legendary weapon: The Didact's Hand. Function: Operates on the same technology as a particular Newtonian principle-modifying handheld forearm aperture that you probably haven't heard of.

Only 18% played as Femshep in ME2 and ME3, the one true commander is Mark Meer for most of us :)

But yeah, her character can't be saved at this point I think. They'll still utilize her for the ONI/Halsey story but many fans have checked out on her character. Just poor writing. I think the fact she wasn't really accepted by fans, is why the development of Locke happened. Palmer was given a huge push in the h4 campaign, she introduces us to war games, she's a main character in Spartan Ops. She got a game dedicated to her, a comic book. But she never took hold. I predicted Halo 5 would be Chief and Palmer as leads. Now it seems like they rebooted and want Locke to take the role Palmer was supposed to.

I'm going to make fun of these "eggheads" who developed all of my gear that's keeping me alive! Silly eggheads.

Ehhhhhhhhhh

Really would've liked her to be well written though ;)

Bruh

MV5BNTQ2ODc5NTkyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI4NzU2OA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Face model

I would personally feel offended and probably shed a tear if the Legendary CE Magnum isn't a thing. The concept of Legendary weapons is awesome in that it welcomes redundancy, fostering creativity in its diversity.
"There was this cool concept we had for the Sword where if you held Smart Scope, it would block bullets, draining energy as you held it. It was overpowered if it had to be the only Sword, so we had to cut it.. Actually jk, we made it into a Legendary weapon."​
Halo Legends clip

Here is something I'd prefer not to have to deal with in Halo at all, ever thanks. A known cheater to my regular party of Halo guys'n'gals since Halo 4, which we've reported and avoided back in the 360 days of Halo 4, once again appears to be right at it cheating throughout MCC P2P games. Really in 2015 we're still dealing with assclowns that cheat to win, repeatedly for years and don't get banned? We've all submitted blocks, reports and even submitted clips to the xbox cheating form service too.

At any rate the usual network manipulation is at work here for the benefit of their team. We literally didn't spawn until or start the game for most of the match. The game before this one they cheated too.

9zO41zq.gif

IMO here's an example of why players get so shitty about dedis, especially regional ones. This is two parties of Aussie making up 8 out of 10 players (didn't check if they other 2 randoms are Aussie) and we're still put into a P2P game to get cheated. You've done the job of matching the parties, happy with skill matching for parties (would have liked a legit go at a 31 thanks), found the game quickly, got an objective vote over slayer but it falls down being P2P and allowing cheaters to run rampant in matchmaking.

Please for the love of the sacred rings have H5 ALL or select an Azure DC as well as OPT OUT of P2P fallback at all. I/we literally do NOT want to play Halo on P2P anymore. Throw up a Platinum XBL service and let me lease a VPS thanks, I'll guarantee to fill it up and let Aussie players/parties use it 24/7. The fine folks over at ACL would love it, my friends would love it, christ I'd approach the local press even :)

You get the point. #ExactlyHowIRememberHalo2Online

Here is something I'd prefer not to have to deal with in Halo at all, ever thanks. A known cheater to my regular party of Halo guys'n'gals since Halo 4, which we've reported and avoided back in the 360 days of Halo 4, once again appears to be right at it cheating throughout MCC P2P games. Really in 2015 we're still dealing with assclowns that cheat to win, repeatedly for years and don't get banned? We've all submitted blocks, reports and even submitted clips to the xbox cheating form service too.

At any rate the usual network manipulation is at work here for the benefit of their team. We literally didn't spawn until or start the game for most of the match. The game before this one they cheated too.

9zO41zq.gif

IMO here's an example of why players get so shitty about dedis, especially regional ones. This is two parties of Aussie making up 8 out of 10 players (didn't check if they other 2 randoms are Aussie) and we're still put into a P2P game to get cheated. You've done the job of matching the parties, happy with skill matching for parties (would have liked a legit go at a 31 thanks), found the game quickly, got an objective vote over slayer but it falls down being P2P and allowing cheaters to run rampant in matchmaking.

Please for the love of the sacred rings have H5 ALL or select an Azure DC as well as OPT OUT of P2P fallback at all. I/we literally do NOT want to play Halo on P2P anymore. Throw up a Platinum XBL service and let me lease a VPS thanks, I'll guarantee to fill it up and let Aussie players/parties use it 24/7. The fine folks over at ACL would love it, my friends would love it, christ I'd approach the local press even :)

You get the point. #ExactlyHowIRememberHalo2Online

git gud imo

I would personally feel offended and probably shed a tear if the Legendary CE Magnum isn't a thing. The concept of Legendary weapons is awesome in that it welcomes redundancy, fostering creativity in its diversity.
"There was this cool concept we had for the Sword where if you held Smart Scope, it would block bullets, draining energy as you held it. It was overpowered if it had to be the only Sword, so we had to cut it.. Actually jk, we made it into a Legendary weapon."​
Halo Legends clip

Where is that quote from? Thats my every desire, is a sword that blocks.

-Ryn

Banned
So would Keyes Magnum have any redesigns or would it be straight M6D goodness?

Bruh

MV5BNTQ2ODc5NTkyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI4NzU2OA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Face model
It won't let me see the pic and I'm too lazy to Google her. CURSE YOU BRAIN!!

Aim down sights to force choke and your Spartan Banter turns into a monologue.

"SO FADES THE GREAT HARVEST OF PICKED UP SNIPES, BRO"
I want a weapon that taunts people every time you get a kill now. When they die there's a little fanfare and everything with a thanks for trying award.

Please add ranks to real playlists like CE and H2C.

Thanks.

I honestly don't want them to add ranks until they fix more issues. Such as the game randomly ending in the middle of a match, not every game is on dedicated servers yet and it can be very laggy/inconsistent and there are still uneven starts.

Rockyrock

I honestly don't want them to add ranks until they fix more issues. Such as the game randomly ending in the middle of a match, not every game is on dedicated servers yet and it can be very laggy/inconsistent and there are still uneven starts.

Honestly I just need to be able to get through 1 full match of a real Halo w/o people quitting

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the common occurrence of quitting is really bringing the game down.

Mix

Good games zoojoo, Gringo, Tawpgun, Kittens, Fuchsdh, and Frankles. Had fun until Fuchs decided to quit. way to go nerd.
<3

It's awesome the game works that well.

Rockyrock

I would say 95% of my games at least start with even, full teams. How they finish depends on how bad of a trouncing it is. Are you really having so much trouble finding full games?

No the game is matching the teams even im just saying people quit every single game and a lot of the time its before the match even begins.

-Ryn

Banned
halo4steitzer.avi
Didn't you make a custom track for this?

Gah, take two.
Oh... that's one lovely lady

I think they did a really good job prettifying it in Halo Anniversary. It's probably one of my favorite pistol design alongside Vash's .45 Long Colt. If
when
it comes back I hope they stay as close as possible. Make sure it sounds like you're firing the hand of God.

HTupolev

No the game is matching the teams even im just saying people quit every single game and a lot of the time its before the match even begins.
I wonder if it's glitches, or if the "combined game playlist" experiment is failing catastrophically (particularly given the limited options).

Oh... that's one lovely lady.

Palmer needs to let dat hair down

That's failed connection, bro, not quitting.

I want to join asap. Wanna dong in swat.

As soon as Frankie brings it back, hell yeah. It was BTB Timberland and it was baaaaaaaaad.

HTupolev

I think they did a really good job prettifying it in Halo Anniversary.
I think they did a pretty poor job. They lengthened its silhouette and emphasized the front geometry to give it a more punchy visual kick, along with disrupting the rolling rhythm of the sound. Feels less fluid to shoot in CEA, really lacks the amazing cadence of the original.

What features?

off the top of my head:

Halo 3 forge and custom game types are borked
File share is MIA
Halo 3 maps are running on launch variants
Halo 4 is running on pre-balance update version
Ranks are missing from all but one playlist
Lots of maps seem to never be in rotation
Armor is limited to sets

hopefully these get addressed.
Game is stable though, decided to get with the times and get my motley crew together and wreck shop in halo 4.

Booshka

I think they did a pretty poor job. They lengthened its silhouette and emphasized the front geometry to give it a more punchy visual kick, along with disrupting the rolling rhythm of the sound. Feels less fluid to shoot in CEA, really lacks the amazing cadence of the original.

I hate the way CEA sounds in general, especially the Pistol. I only played it for a co op session over a weekend with a friend, but after seeing the remastering they did, I was turned off big time.

OG Xbox Halo CE on my Sony Trinitron Cadillac CRT is the way to go.

Rockyrock

I wonder if it's glitches, or if the "combined game playlist" experiment is failing catastrophically (particularly given the limited options).

Honestly I just think its people backing out when they dont get the gametype they want and not having to face any penalty

TheXbox

Did this game ever have SWAT? Feels pretty weird for a Halo game not to have it.

What we really need is Reach DLC for GOAT SWAT.

Damn I love the idea of Legendary Weapons being things like the H1CE pistol.

Is all this talk prompted by something 343 staff said or is it just people imagining? Any new news I've missed?

1328x1080 has less horizontal clarity (and worse horizontal aliasing) than 1600x900. 1328 samples for each line on that axis versus 1600. For instance, that's why stuff like the side edges of buildings wobble a lot in H2A compared with classic mode.

I don't know but H2A looks better than Sunset Overdrive (900p) for me.

Top Bottom