• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Mix

Damn it Mix!
You ever doing Vault of Glass with me and HaloGAF?

I'd like to! But my work schedule is so sporadic right now that I wouldn't be able to tell you for sure until either the day before or the day of lol. For example, I'm going out of town tomorrow morning at 6:30am and I'll either be back thursday night or between that and Sunday morning. Pretty big gap there.

Impala26

Yeah I miss that dude. He's good peoples.

And you haven't even had the joy of participating in one of the MCC Throwdowns! Some day soon perhaps...?

I'd like to! But my work schedule is so sporadic right now that I wouldn't be able to tell you for sure until either the day before or the day of lol. For example, I'm going out of town tomorrow morning at 6:30am and I'll either be back thursday night or between that and Sunday morning. Pretty big gap there.

Hah, just giving you a hard time.
In general though, my idea was either a Friday night, anytime on a Saturday, or earlier on a Sunday. Only reason I've been trying to arrange it ahead of time is so the fiancee and I can still do our weekend activities together and she'd know when I'd be occupied.

TheXbox

I was just watching his stream. He is popular since there showing at the finals.
I actually had his stream on while I was sitting in the pre-match lobby. I started loading Lockout, then I noticed HE started loading Lockout, and then I saw he was on my team and I had a bit of a moment.

-Ryn

Banned
And you haven't even had the joy of participating in one of the MCC Throwdowns! Some day soon perhaps...?
Hopefully

It looks like an absolute blast. I'd love to join you guys. Just have a bunch of biz to take care of first. Feels like every time things finally seem to stabilize something explodes lol

Hurray curveballs...

I just noticed the 1th nameplate that was added to MCC, lmao
Best feature IMHO

You people need to buy Ori, such a damn fine game.
For some reason my vision gets all blurry when I watch that trailer...

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Kid was mad I took "his" sniper.
amcryq5sy4.gif

Ended up refusing to carry him. Get bunch of rage messages assuming I cared about 1 game going neg...

jem0208

It was all part of Ferrari's master plan to sabotage the show before the hypercar showdown. They must be having trouble tuning up the ringer cars they're going to bring.

It's all starting to make sense now! It's just because they know that the Ferrari The Ferrari has no chance.

King Leo

Neo Member
I never realized how much the sound of a gun mattered to me until I used the H2A BR. Absolute crap sound that doesn't pack a punch. Not satisfying at all to use.

Danny 117

Been having a ton of fun(plz don't judge HaloGAF) acting like a 13 year old kid and teabagging everyone in Halo 3 after killing them. Have to say I've missed the thrill of the person you just bagged coming back to hunt you down for revenge.

Impala26

lol, H4 BR sounds like a bird chirp with some major distortion going on

It's really weird because other than the BR in H4, 343 pretty much nailed the other SFX for the UNSC weapons, imo. Magnum could've used more of a classic "thwoom" sound though.

Suppressor is one of my favorite sounding guns in H4... too bad it's pretty much a POS.

jem0208

Just had a very strangely laggy game...

Hit registration was perfect, I was able to pull off a few snapshots and every shot I expected to hit, hit. However everyone was rubber banding all over the place. It was strange.

Newlove

Halo 5 doesn't have join in progress does it? At least not in the beta. I'm enjoying the MCC again now after the patch. The only real issue is quitters (brought on by big skill gaps) but I don't think they can do anything to really encourage anyone to care enough about quitting in this game.

If one of my team-mates quits and we're getting owned I mostly just go as well. No point staying.

Just thought I'd stop by to announce Reclaimer Radio Episode 5 is now up! In addition to the usual Adrian, Austin, Ian and Adrian team, our own Tyler "GringoSuave89" Giering is now a permanent addition to the group. It mainly focuses on the latest MCC patch, and also touches lightly on the Halo: Blood Line novel and some additional lore snippets.

singhr1

Halo 5 doesn't have join in progress does it? At least not in the beta. I'm enjoying the MCC again now after the patch. The only real issue is quitters (brought on by big skill gaps) but I don't think they can do anything to really encourage anyone to care enough about quitting in this game.

If one of my team-mates quits and we're getting owned I mostly just go as well. No point staying.

No Halo game should have join in progress in matchmaking. Terrible idea in Halo 4. Quitting should be penalized, whether it is by effects on ranking or giving you a delay before you can re-enter matchmaking after a certain number of quits.

Most quitting is not, in my experience, the result of frustration with the skill gap. People tend to drop out of matches very, very quickly. What's needed is a punishment system. I'm fond of forcing them out of matchmaking until the game they left concludes.

BizzyBum

What's taking so long to get a ranked playlist for each game? Just have the ranked versions invoke a penalty.

I need new friends who play this game. No one on my friend's list plays it which is understandable since it took so long to get fixed. GT is BizzyBum.

Also, did 343 mention another round of Halo 5 MP? I missed it the first time.

Just thought I'd stop by to announce Reclaimer Radio Episode 5 is now up! In addition to the usual Adrian, Austin, Ian and Adrian team, our own Tyler "GringoSuave89" Giering is now a permanent addition to the group. It mainly focuses on the latest MCC patch, and also touches lightly on the Halo: Blood Line novel and some additional lore snippets.
Also, we talk about the future of Reclaimer Radio with the new ReclaimerHub and all the new content that'll come out with that!

Mix

Also, we talk about the future of Reclaimer Radio with the new ReclaimerHub and all the new content that'll come out with that!
Yup! This is a really exciting time for us and we seriously appreciate the support many of you have given us. Enjoy!

My understanding was H5 would be getting some kind of punishment system for quitters. At least I thought I read something about it in the post beta write up.

Hey, it's me! Real proud to be part of the team, and I hope to get feedback from HaloGaf.

Top Bottom