• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Booshka

Dave Jones posted and said that he had no idea who Kampf was, and that he certainly wasn't on the Crackdown team.

What's odd is, I remember him getting verified as a dev before he started talking about working on Crackdown. So he was legit at one point. Guess he wanted the attention.

Legit Indie Dev is all he was according to Bish. So not much. Never bought that guys "leaks." When his bullshit didn't go over well with HaloGAF he stopped posting in the threads. Went off to spew crap in General Gaming where he could get away with it longer.

-Ryn

Banned
This time it seems permanent.
Damn

I'll have to check out what he said.
His teasing didn't really bother me but if he was lying...

Legit Indie Dev is all he was according to Bish. So not much. Never bought that guys "leaks." When his bullshit didn't go over well with HaloGAF he stopped posting in the threads. Went off to spew crap in General Gaming where he could get away with it longer.
I really want to believe it wasn't all bullshit

Ramirez

Kampfheld said:
Hey there,

since you obviously don't like me or my statements - I still want to be fair and give you a personal reaction to your posts:

In the week I wrote about a "good week", two patches were scheduled and released. I think the second one was delayed a few days(?), I can't remember exactly tho. We all hoped that the fixes had a much more stronger positive influence on matchmaking - but in the end, it just was a drop in the bucket.

Again, I'm sorry for your bad times with TMCC. I'm not in the position to get things done right here. While I think you show your frustration to the wrong guy (in this case ... me), I still can understand the general disappointment. I hope things will get significantly better this month.

Best regards
Kampfheld

He PM'd me that last month after I called him on his bologna, he talks like he's a 343 dev, I think he's just full of shit.

Takashi

So just to be sure, I'm assuming beating the campaigns separately won't net me the playlist achievement right? I beat the first 3 right when MCC released but put off Halo 4 this whole time. Though if I still have to go back and replay all of them to get the achievement, I might as well start now.

So does MCC theatre > record clip > save to game DVR work? I just tried it for a 1-2 mins clip and it's not in my upload studio at all?
Imma upload studio noob

I think I'll just capture it myself instead.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Man, these speed run videos make legendary solo so much easier on the first game. Hopefully it's the same for 2 and 3. I had no problem at all with halo 4 on legendary.

Learning some tricks is cool too.

Man, these speed run videos make legendary solo so much easier on the first game. Hopefully it's the same for 2 and 3. I had no problem at all with halo 4 on legendary.

Learning some tricks is cool too.

Halo 4 Legendary is babytown frolics, but I still hate Promethean Knights with a passion.

I need to do speed run tactics. I want that damn armor for Halo 5.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Halo 4 Legendary is babytown frolics, but I still hate Promethean Knights with a passion.

I need to do speed run tactics. I want that damn armor for Halo 5.

Which is hilarious because they said halo 4 on legendary was the hardest ever before release. Shit, halo 1 and 2 are the hardest on legendary.

daedalius

Which is hilarious because they said halo 4 on legendary was the hardest ever before release. Shit, halo 1 and 2 are the hardest on legendary.

Halo 1 and 2 are definitely harder than 4 on legendary.

Legendary is only more annoying in 4 because promethean knights have a few frames while their shields are breaking where they don't take headshot damage, so you obviously don't think you are shooting the right place, but you are if you waited like .5 more seconds.

Also, the autopistol in Titanfall is probably the most obnoxious weapon ever conceived.

Omni

Halo 1 and 2 are definitely harder than 4 on legendary.

Legendary is only more annoying in 4 because promethean knights have a few frames while their shields are breaking where they don't take headshot damage, so you obviously don't think you are shooting the right place, but you are if you waited like .5 more seconds.

Also the lack of ammo. Felt like it was artificially inflating the difficulty. Just really annoying.

I'm probably in the minority but I think Halo CE is much more difficult than Halo 2.

Also the lack of ammo. Felt like it was artificially inflating the difficulty. Just really annoying.

I'm probably in the minority but I think Halo CE is much more difficult than Halo 2.

Lack of ammo was truly annoying.

I haven't given H2 Legendary an honest go in a long time, but I'm inclined to agree.

Ramirez

I think CE is consistently the hardest game in the series on Legendary. Halo 2 Legendary isn't really hard, it's more cheap than anything. The Jackal snipers are bullshit, and putting you in a room against a horde of Brutes/Grunts with only a fucking Needler/Plasma weapons was terrible.

Halo 3 is probably the most fair, and never really feels cheap unless you're in vehicle combat. The only legitimate spot I had trouble with in Halo 4 was the jungle part where Cortana is unlocking the door and you're at the top of the hill defending the spot. There's a ton of Knights and those dogs that eventually just overrun you if you get behind killing them at the bottom of the hill.

I also don't get the lack of ammo complaints, there are ammo caches every where in that campaign, way more than any of the other 3.

This is all assuming you actually tackle all encounters and don't skip them.

HTupolev

I think CE is consistently the hardest game in the series on Legendary. Halo 2 Legendary isn't really hard, it's more cheap than anything.
The way I'd usually describe it is that Halo 2 is harder, but Halo 1 is more challenging.

I also don't get the lack of ammo complaints, there are ammo caches every where in that campaign, way more than any of the other 3.

This is all assuming you actually tackle all encounters and don't skip them.
Probably sources from the way that you're forced to use the crates. Ammo capacity is low and enemy drops are a weak source. If you tackle it like you'd tackle the other games it's pretty sparse.

daedalius

Was playing a bad game with bad teammates in btb, 2 quitters right off the bat on my team.

My son decided I was done by hitting the power button, but at that point I didn't really care.

Quitters in halo are the worst, well implemented JIP would be nice, too bad it was so fucked up in 4 so everyone hates it.

Madness

I definitely feel there is an ammo problem in Halo 4. The worst is the quick weapon despawning. Of course if you know where the ammo caches are you may get by. But Promethean enemy design is very cheap, coupled with poor weapon drops and quick despawns it can make for frustrating parts.

I haven't even bothered with legendary in MCC, not even regular campaign. Urge to play it is done. Even with most of the game working now.

Played the team ball playlist for what felt like longer than ive ever played mcc combined.

Not a SINGLE issue i was blown away. Ricochet is the truth. Team ball was surprisingly a ton of fun

MysteryM

Damn played lots of 40's and 50's yesterday but the games were super laggy. being shot once from across the map would take off my shields and I'd have to run for cover continuously.

Does anyone else have similar problems? I was hoping that playing on dedis would have helped bring it down to just being skill but the lag is crazy. We know from the ranks that the game will be laggy even before it starts :(

I'm on fibre and in the UK.

Fun...?

With ar starts....?

Not sure I comprehend

Dont get me wrong, that drove me up a WALL. I think halo 4 in that playlist still let me pick loadouts. I cant remember for sure.

On the smaller maps it wasnt so terrible. Besides, my weapon of choice in oddball is the actual ball.

I only played Ricochet once back when MCC first came out. It was awesome. Never had it get voted for a single time after that, so I've never gotten to play it again.

I hate the voting system.

Agreed. I really really dont like it. Luckily when ricochet popped up (twice last night in a lottttt of rounds) it instantly got 7-8 votes.

I also find it funny the thumbnail for team ball on the playlist selection is from H2A, when H2A isnt even in the playlist

Objective gametypes with AR starts and motion tracker.. Based playlist management.

When's that Custom Games Browser? Will we ever be blessed with such a thing?

Leyasu

Banned
Damn played lots of 40's and 50's yesterday but the games were super laggy. being shot once from across the map would take off my shields and I'd have to run for cover continuously.

Does anyone else have similar problems? I was hoping that playing on dedis would have helped bring it down to just being skill but the lag is crazy. We know from the ranks that the game will be laggy even before it starts :(

I'm on fibre and in the UK.

It dont matter what internet you have if the game is hosted thousands of miles away....

Just gonna have to deal with it until halo 5 comes out and we can chose the datacenter where we play. Sometimes I get local dedicated servers and it is glorious. Most of the time I play out of region though. The game is so inconsistent.

MysteryM

It dont matter what internet you have if the game is hosted thousands of miles away....

Just gonna have to deal with it until halo 5 comes out and we can chose the datacenter where we play. Sometimes I get local dedicated servers and it is glorious. Most of the time I play out of region though. The game is so inconsistent.

:( its a shame, I'm pretty good but would like to get even better but just can't whilst the game is against you.

Anyone in this bitch have GTAV on Xbone.

Lookin to heist today.

I tried heists and couldnt stand them.

The actual HEIST is cool, but getting one started is an absolute nightmare.

With the state MCC is in, comparedto how painfully difficult and long it takes to play GTA online, im surprised there wasnt more people mad.

heists are great. preheistand the systems around it are so bad

DJ Gunner

Fun...?

With ar starts....?

Not sure I comprehend

It's only AR starts in 3, I believe. Played a couple games of 2 in that playlist and had BR starts. I'm honestly wondering if the reason we don't have BR Objective in 3 is related to the map thing. Sure would be nice to be told why instead of having to guess, but at this point there's no logical reason why 2 would be BR start and 3 wouldn't unless they simply can't do it in 3 currently.

willow ve

It's only AR starts in 3, I believe. Played a couple games of 2 in that playlist and had BR starts. I'm honestly wondering if the reason we don't have BR Objective in 3 is related to the map thing. Sure would be nice to be told why instead of having to guess, but at this point there's no logical reason why 2 would be BR start and 3 wouldn't unless they simply can't do it in 3 currently.

All of Halo 3 (arguably the flagship game of Halo) still has vanilla day 1 settings for maps and gametypes. It really needs to be top of the list for things to fix.

---

Also - the GIF on this page absolutely destroys Chrome.

Finaj

PCG: Even though it's off my beat as a journalist, I feel like I have to ask a little about MCC and what happened with that. As someone who bought the game, and has been observing it, it's hard to believe that nobody knew it was as broken as it's proved to be before launch. And now it's taken months and months of patches and it's better, for sure, but it's still clearly in rough shape. What happened for that launch to go so long?

Spencer: Going into the launch we had done our normal amount of testing and simulation on what the real world environment is like. When you say what happened, there are a few parts to it. Master Chief's not one game. It's four games that were developed by a lot of different studios, and we were trying to knit together a multiplayer system that seamlessly worked across all these different code bases of how they do multiplayer. Nobody should shed a tear for us because our job is hard. But it's harder than making Halo 4 or Halo 5 multiplayer work on its own, as a system that spans across all the games.
At the same time we're still at the beginning of the new Xbox Live on XBox One. Not only were we unifying all these games, we were moving them all to this Live system that's on Xbox One. It's different, it's an evolution of what was one 360. Still, our testing said that now was the time to launch, and that the game—you always learn something when you launch—but that the game was ready. And certainly from the feedback from certain people in the community, we didn't meet their expectations.
That was [us learning]. What you've seen us do since that, we're doing very early betas, like the Halo 5 beta very early, so we learn and test our multiplayer environments. Fable's going through a long beta program. We're starting to use our Xbox preview community to help us with games as well. It's hard to simulate the real world with people with different NATs and the complexity and randomness that's out in the real world.
343 has stayed on the content updates, we launched content update 13 yesterday. I don't know what your community is saying, but we're seeing pretty good feedback from the results there. But we're not standing up and beating our chest. We feel like we're doing what we should've done. But the learning both from how we run our studios and how we run our process, it'll make us better, and I know that's probably not going to make anybody feel great about it. And Halo is critically important. And there is a CU 14. On the 343 side they remain committed to the Halo nation, because they live and breathe with those people. That's their lifeblood. And they know Master Chief didn't hit the expectation that people wanted.

PCG: Once it's all fixed up, any chance we'll see on PC?

Spencer: It's a good question. I want—well, through the streaming, obviously people will be able to play on their PCs in their home. And bringing more and more of the right genres to PC, I think is clearly in our future. But we don't have anything with Master Chief...I think it's sacrilege to talk about doing anything with Master Chief now other than making the experience better on Xbox One.

http://www.pcgamer.com/phil-spencer...hat-was-going-on-with-windows-to-launch-xbox/

Yeah its not coming out on PC. Halo is an xbox product. Killer instinct, fable, i can see MS pushing cross play with that stuff.

Halo is their baby. Their baby that they accidently left in a bathtub with a bunch of toasters plugged in around it lately. but its still an xbox product.

Yeah its not coming out on PC. Halo is an xbox product. Killer instinct, fable, i can see MS pushing cross play with that stuff.

Halo is their baby. Their baby that they accidently left in a bathtub with a bunch of toasters plugged in around it lately. but its still an xbox product.
Halo isn't in bread. It's just missing in action.

Madness

Phil does realize the game was barely functional almost until like 5-6 weeks in right? Of course you shouldn't beat your chests that it took you till content update 13 just to get the game in a semi-playable stage. The game is still not worthy of being launch material. We've hit 4 months since launch. And only recently has anyone really been able to start playing matches reliably with parties.

This was the worst launched game in the modern online era. Halo would've been better off as a series if MCC didn't even launch. It's a chore just trying to get friends or family even remotely interested in Halo 5 now.

mcrommert

Banned

I will bet you anything that halo mcc is coming out on pc...anything

mcrommert

Banned
100 anytime pushups.

But seriously i want MCC on PC. I would love that. I just dont think its gonna happen.

Okay this will be in writing forever :)

Halo MCC will be on Windows 10 store if not day one...close to launch of Windows 10

Will require gamepad so cross platform play will not be impacted

New Halo and Gears games will not appear day and date on Windows 10, but chance they will make their way over later

mcrommert

Banned
Also with all those wonderful halo ce maps from the pc version on mcc...we should really get a custom game date setup

Would be great fun

Okay this will be in writing forever :)

Halo MCC will be on Windows 10 store if not day one...close to launch of Windows 10

Will require gamepad so cross platform play will not be impacted

New Halo and Gears games will not appear day and date on Windows 10, but chance they will make their way over later

I would adore this.

But i still think im gonna win those anytime pushups. Im gonna be a dick about it too, wait till you got a girl in your room, bust down the door ANYTIME IS ANYTIME DROP AND GIVE ME 50

Mix

I'm thinking Saturday night would be a fun night for customs. Get some big team in CE going, maybe a little bit of something else too. Would people be up for a Saturday night customs sessions?

dwells

Phil Spencer said:
Still, our testing said that now was the time to launch, and that the game—you always learn something when you launch—but that the game was ready.
Well, so much for that whole "straight shooter" and "Phil is different and truthful" image I've been hearing all about. Making excuses and still spouting the whole nonsense that the game tested fine and they were blindsided by all the issues.

I'm really bothered by how it keeps getting downplayed as if matchmaking/online component was the only issue with the game when that's so far from the truth.

Top Bottom