• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Madness

I always love Henery's posts. Either really funny or brutally honest/accurate. They've said since day one it was one issue that was connected and escalated to a larger problem. And yet, there are so many issues unrelated to anything to do with xbox live, networking and matchmaking.

canonfodder-3-12-15c-36af62b8ddb646a592466ac0e7fb87a3.jpg

So, I'm guessing this is a WIP cover for one of the books, but anyone else notice that the Ark's Forge is in the back? It also looks like the red / white coloration on the Elite matches those of the Arbiter's subordinates in the H2A Arby / Locke cutscenes.

The_Ark%27s_Core.jpg
I'm not 100% positive about this but the elite has a symbol I don't recognize on his helm. Perhaps a different faction of Elite "Heretics" that have betrayed Jul in the escalation #15?

Mix

I'm not 100% positive about this but the elite has a symbol I don't recognize on his helm. Perhaps a different faction of Elite "Heretics" that have betrayed Jul in the escalation #15?
Very well could be! Fascinating stuff, Halo: Last Light is releasing on September 7th, Maybe it ties directly into Halo 5? If so, a September 7th/14th/21st release is possible. I'm still holding out for a September release and these novel release dates seem to have only cemented these hopes.

daedalius

So is escalation still going after the MC arc? I guess I haven't really been paying attention to it.

Maybe because my wife always steals the Ipad.

Oh yea, will totally buy that Joe Staten novel. Well, I'll probably buy all of them...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
More novels comming this year:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-novel-ideas

One written by Joseph Staten, which is an instant buy for me.

FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES

Best news all year.

Mix

So is escalation still going after the MC arc? I guess I haven't really been paying attention to it.

Maybe because my wife always steals the Ipad.
Yeah, its still going. The current arc its in is a direct sequel story to Spartan Ops so if you finished it and wanted to know what happened to Palmer, Halsey and the Janus Key then 14/15/16 are good. 16 hasn't released yet, but its supposed to be the end of that arc.

Frankie is going to knock it out of the park. It's also really awesome that Joe Staten is going to return to the Halo universe, it'll be just like the old days :')

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Frankie writing about AI's and having Staten writing anything.

Yeah, everything else about Halo could go wrong and I'd still be happy this year.

belushy

Banned
It's unlikely, but at the same time they may reveal BTB and the release date at the same time this month or next (along with what the legendary and limit editions ACTUALLY come with) and then do a campaign reveal at E3 in June. I'd be happy with that.

Maybe a Game Informer cover story, too.

daedalius

Yeah, its still going. The current arc its in is a direct sequel story to Spartan Ops so if you finished it and wanted to know what happened to Palmer, Halsey and the Janus Key then 14/15/16 are good. 16 hasn't released yet, but its supposed to be the end of that arc.

Sounds cool, will get them on the ipad.

One of these days, I'll have my own comic done; and it will arrive in all of its (wahrer quote I don't quite remember exactly) warrhammer shoulder pad glowing bullshittery glory.

Pretty sure we both got suspended for 2 weeks after that post, but he was pretty spot on for my style. Because here is a painting I am working on
tumblr_nl4e1w5a7t1s4ir3yo2_1280.jpg

fire horns, because reasons

Mix

Maybe a Game Informer cover story, too.
I'm really hoping the April/May cover is Halo 5.

Honestly that would be super possible, do the whole release date thing, then announce the cover story, then a cool trailer for month long coverage, cover BTB in the cover story and release a quick 5 minute video detailing it/showing off gameplay.

belushy

Banned
Well H4's was May 2012, so maybe... just maybe. This time there shouldn't be too much of a meltdown since everyone already knows what we're getting.

Unless they seriously majorly fuck up BTB.

Man, Peter David and Troy Denning are some serious gets, Both are also very very good genre writers, and both have lots of experience handling licensed properties deftly.

Staten and Frankie are good too ;)

So, I'm thinking Joe's book is going to be about Rtas Vaum and what happened post-Halo 3 with Arbiter's men. The art in the bulletin is probably the cover.

Mix

So, I'm thinking Joe's book is going to be about Rtas Vaum and what happened post-Halo 3 with Arbiter's men. The art in the bulletin is probably the cover.
Same. This would be really cool to explore. Was Rtas ever mentioned again after Halo 3?
Considering what Frankie did to Requiem, I'm ready for anything and everything.
Same. Based on the name, I'd like to think it's about Abject Testament, but there is almost literally any AI it could be about.

Oh snap. Don't disappoint us, Frankie ;)

I actually really enjoy Frank's writing style. Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian in particular does a good job of combining prose with action at a decent pace. There's also something about the payoff of the
"codename 'Asimov' shit-eating grin"
moment that's hilariously fulfilling in a way I wasn't even expecting it to be.

The only thing I didn't really like about Evolutions was the part in Soma the Painter where they called the "double sunset" phenomenon "Twofire." For such an advanced race it sounds Land Before Time as hell. I mean hell, "Bicoronal Helion" or something would have been fine, but "twofire" just sounded so... on-the-nose, I guess. I'm not sure who wrote Soma, though.

Oh, so I get done conceptualizing my helmet that emphasizes teeth with angular ear-like protrusions just days before, and now 343's got an Elite wearing it?

RZJgVh3.png

K71QEqW.png

Coincidence? I THINK NOT

THANKS FRANK O'BAMA

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Troy Denning wrote one of the better NJO Star Wars books, but ceded to the stupid decision to kill off one character over another for marketing/PR reasons.

He also heavily contributed to the terrible arcs of bumwash that contributed to Disney killing off the EU. Not his fault, of course.

Dude is a solid writer but he'll write whatever he's told without adding anything really. Like her or not, at least Karen Travis brought her own identity to her writing.

Still though, four solid writers confirmed - enjoyed Forbeck's New Blood. Never read any of Peter David's work before but he seems like a good fit too.

Madness

Never mind. I remember now. I think a lot of it was also the fact Halo 4 wasn't doing too hot. I actually liked watching the Sprints recently and when studios share their internal stuff as to how they reached these decisions.

Top Bottom