• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

HCS pro Naded: "I want to play Halo 3 customs but I ain't playin with that sound man"

When are 343 even going to acknowledge that Halo 3's port has serious audio issues?

With H1 and 2 largely fixed, Halo 3 is now the most broken game in the collection.

Oh and the latest patch didn't fix the map load issue. Every session I still get one or two map load failures and the game returns to the MM lobby. That's never happened in a Halo game before and I'm not sure 343 have even commented on it.

DJ Gunner

Halo 1 is largely fixed? Some of the weapons (AR and shotty being the standouts) still seemingly behave like they did at launch...

Really depends on connection quality. Since the last patch hit detection seems better (and no anti- aim) but avatars seem to stutter in movement now instead of skate, which can be problematic in cqc.

Well....my complaints are echoed by the latest posts. Per some, the issues will most likely never be fixed.

Why should I trust Microsoft on ANY level ever again?

Computron

HCS pro Naded: "I want to play Halo 3 customs but I ain't playin with that sound man"

When are 343 even going to acknowledge that Halo 3's port has serious audio issues?

With H1 and 2 largely fixed, Halo 3 is now the most broken game in the collection.

Oh and the latest patch didn't fix the map load issue. Every session I still get one or two map load failures and the game returns to the MM lobby. That's never happened in a Halo game before and I'm not sure 343 have even commented on it.

it's like someone kicked in your head with that sound. its bad.

Karl2177

You can now get a screenshot from any mode in any FPS Halo game onto your computer now. It's a bit tougher with ODST and Reach, but it's still possible.

Halo's designs were constantly refined through out the series.

The creative/artistic decision to change almost every visual and aural aspect of Halo across the board is a misguided attempt to "own" the series in Halo 4 was one of the worst decisions taken. The Grunt change was just a single example of a far greater mistake.
I was taking some screenshots of CEA to compare the 343i aesthetic to the OG Bungie aesthetic. There's something about the simplistic design in Bungie's Forerunner architecture that makes it reminiscent of European cathedrals. 343i didn't manage to capture that same feel, but it's also nice actually being able to see detail in some of the distant objects.

I will play games
I'm going to get on to see who the hell these new HaloGAF people are. Hopefully they aren't as bad as they post.

NOKYARD

IDK if this has been posted, but the Halo 4 forge map Onyx is in the team odd ball playlist.

Does that mean 343 has some tool that allows them to port 360 forge variants to Xbox One?
Has anyone actually seen Onyx in the wild. If so, 343 has just confirmed a question i have been asking for many months.

You can re-forge maps in MCC since Halo 4 forge works fine with the exception of the Trait Zone omission. If you have access to both game systems running on two screens it's a simple copy/paste operation using the coordinates system. I built a verbatim version of GrifballHUB's live stream court in MCC Halo 4 in under an hour using this method.

Hahkrazy certainly did not re-forge Onyx since he does not own an Xbox One.

CliQ

tumblr_n0nt7ewGHI1rz1wnio1_500.gif

Fashionably late to the MCC update. It's good to be back GAF! :)

CliQ

Were you so stunned by MCC getting fixed that you blacked out?

I've been busy with work and figured since I was already away that I could be away a little longer. I'm not fully back but I will pop on every now and then to see what everyone is up to.

daedalius

Has anyone actually seen Onyx in the wild. If so, 343 has just confirmed a question i have been asking for many months.

You can re-forge maps in MCC since Halo 4 forge works fine with the exception of the Trait Zone omission. If you have access to both game systems running on two screens it's a simple copy/paste operation using the coordinates system. I built a verbatim version of GrifballHUB's live stream court in MCC Halo 4 in under an hour using this method.

I have played it like once, we had really really terrible teammates.

Map played good though!

NOKYARD

I have played it like once, we had really really terrible teammates.

Map played good though!

Thank you.

Now i know i don't have to re-forge an entire playlist if Grifball ever gets it's shot in the rotation.

I wonder if they can port Halo 3 maps (pretty sure they can't).

-Ryn

Banned
Well....my complaints are echoed by the latest posts. Per some, the issues will most likely never be fixed.

Why should I trust Microsoft on ANY level ever again?
Microsoft has published great games and terribad games.
The question is do you trust the developer and are you willing to give them another chance if not.

If you liked Halo 5 or like what you've seen so far, give it a shot. You don't have to preorder it. Just buy or rent the game when it's out, play it, and return it if you don't like it. Or you can look at other peoples impressions.

I personally think 343 has been doing a lot to improve on past mistakes based on what I've seen. I'm probably going to preorder so I can get that Legendary edition depending on what it is.

tumblr_n0nt7ewGHI1rz1wnio1_500.gif

Fashionably late to the MCC update. It's good to be back GAF! :)
YOU'RE ALIVE

uGcm9.gif

Welcome back!!

I played the map in the team oddball playlist and saved it to my fileshare

Does reinstalling lower the size of the MCC file? Meaning does it skip the gigs worth of mostly ineffectual patches, and just install the new good one, or is it all still part of the same rickety framework?

Akai__

Does reinstalling lower the size of the MCC file? Meaning does it skip the gigs worth of mostly ineffectual patches, and just install the new good one, or is it all still part of the same rickety framework?

Patches usually don't add to your file-size. They replace your old and broken files, with working ones. Content like Spartan Ops is adding to your file size, though.

Haven't seen a change in the MCC file-size, since we got Spartan Ops. Still at 60,1GB.

Today was a good day for me to sit and finish up halo 2 in the MCC, I forgot how long some of these later levels can be, but the most annoying thing has to be some of the changes the remaster does to the lighting onboard high charity.

An area which was once a dark gloomy and unlit zone shortly after the flood crash the party is now a fully lit area in the remaster, but the game still promots you to press a button to turn the flashlight on...

I want to love this collection but things like that rub me the wrong way, why did that mistake happen in development?

Top Bottom