• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

I'm glad we have the MCC brought to a workable state. But much remains to be fixed to what I reasonably expected at the time of purchase.

Two things:

1) The MCC has to be fixed to my satisfaction.
2) l have to hear good reports from matchmaking, customs and Forge after H5 launches.

Then, I will CONSIDER purchasing Halo 5.

Note: my brother has been visiting for a couple of days, and the 360 came with him. I loaded up Reach, and got into full games immediately. I had FUN. What a concept. Fun from a video game. I don't want to be burned again, and I won't let Microsoft do it to me.

I'm glad we have the MCC brought to a workable state. But much remains to be fixed to what I reasonably expected at the time of purchase.

Two things:

2) l have to hear good reports from matchmaking, customs and Forge after H5 launches.

Note: my brother has been visiting for a couple of days, and the 360 came with him. I loaded up Reach, and got into full games immediately. I had FUN. What a concept. Fun from a video game. I don't want to be burned again, and I won't let Microsoft do it to me.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

#2ndCenturyProblems

darthbob

Two things:

What does that entail exactly?

I think I've finally figured out what NeoGAF really means to people... It is here for everyone to geek out on their particular obsessions... Is this correct?

Also, my eternal question:
Did Cortana really die/disintegrate? Wouldn't there be a copy of her somewhere made by Halsey?

I think I've finally figured out what NeoGAF really means to people... It is here for everyone to geek out on their particular obsessions... Is this correct?

Also, my eternal question: Did Cortana really die/disintegrate? Wouldn't there be a copy of her somewhere made by Halsey?

And argue when people don't share that obsession. Can't forget about that.

Well... that's a complicated question. Halsey's journal talks about how there were multiple flash clone brains she used/could use to make more Cortana's, but I don't think anything came of that. Also, some think the Librarian possibly has a copy of Cortana somewhere. But honestly, I kinda hope she says dead/deleted(?) if only because any way they would bring her back would cheapen it all.

What does that entail exactly?

MCC must haves to be fixed to my satisfaction:

~ Dedicated servers (as if we can't tell it wasn't when host leaves and game ends early)

~ Fix all the technical problems posters have been yelling about netcode

~ Fix the custom game type settings for Halo 3 and 4 (so damn broken)

~ Put in ranked and social playlists for all games

~Join a custom game or be able to invite players into one that is on going

~ After-match lobby in matchmaking - just copy/paste the 60 second one from the H5 beta

~ File share browser in game and online

~ Have more than 50 total games/map variants (how am I on a-next gen console with this limit exactly?)

Nice to haves:

~ Proximity voice in H2 Classic
~ Population counters for all playlists
~ Gravity Hammer in H2A Forge (hey they put an AR, Ricochet and a Hornet in H2A, now gimmie the Hammer and Grifball rides again!)

I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I'm actually quite conservative with that must have list.

Did Cortana really die/disintegrate? Wouldn't there be a copy of her somewhere made by Halsey?

I think the ghost of the Librarian has a fixed copy of her somewhere, after all, what did they do while she used Cortana to draw Master Chief to her on Requiem?

So. I did pre-order the over expensive Halo 5: Guardians Collectors Box. I am part of the problem. *runsaway*

New ODST looks brighter at the moment then the 360 version. plz fix.
Urgh. A lot of atmosphere got away with that. I hope its going to be fixed. I can not wait to play it. I wish, they would put Firefight in it, but I can see some reason why they did not.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1Waw0A1PwsY

Halo bulletin 15, Tashi looking hawt about 3 minutes or so in. Check it out.

Dat beard
Tashi always looks hawt.

Takashi

Tbh I don't see myself preordering anything til like Fallout 4, unless I'm forgetting some other huge titles.

so basically
"mcc is dad"
"corporations gonna corporation"

funny cause there's valid points too, just layered thick with cringeworthy histrionics

For some reason I read that in Starfire's voice

jem0208

So does anybody here still have their 360 or am I the only one who refuses to get rid of their old consoles?

Halo 3 and Reach are good times.

I'm actually moving there in a month lol

Is it a lovely town?
Still got mine, still got my original Xbox too. Need something to play Timesplitters on.

Madness

So does anybody here still have their 360 or am I the only one who refuses to get rid of their old consoles?

Is it a lovely town?

I still have every single console, game, manual, box, anything gaming related I've bought (save for some things I traded in). NES/Game Boy all the way to present Xbox One.

-Ryn

Banned
I've still got mine don't see the point in getting rid of it as it still works.
Plus, dat game library. If you're ever looking to play some Reach or something on the 360 feel free to hit me up.

Still got mine, still got my original Xbox too. Need something to play Timesplitters on.
Never played it but have always wanted to

I still have every single console, game, manual, box, anything gaming related I've bought (save for some things I traded in). NES/Game Boy all the way to present Xbox One.
Very nice. I've lost most of my original games and systems over the years (for various reasons). Only ones I have are a few GC games, my N64 with Ocarina of Time and Pilot Wings, and a Gameboy.

Mix

I'm in Mission, TX (about 8 miles from the border) right now and apparently there's a towing company called Blazer towing. Their motto is "Don't just tow it, Blaze it!"

And how is this Halo related? The font they used for the motto is that fan made Halo font.

I'm in Mission, TX (about 8 miles from the border) right now and apparently there's a towing company called Blazer towing. Their motto is "Don't just tow it, Blaze it!"

And how is this Halo related? The font they used for the motto is that fan made Halo font.
Pics or it didn't happen.

That actually gets addressed, IIRC. They probably do have a backup of Cortana stashed somewhere, but it won't be *her.* It won't have the same set of unique experiences and memories that make Cortana, Cortana.

Is it a lovely town?
I live in cape may its a summer town, beautiful beaches plenty of bars, but the closest taco bell is like 45mins away so that sucks lol.

m23

MCC must haves to be fixed to my satisfaction:

~ Dedicated servers (as if we can't tell it wasn't when host leaves and game ends early)

~ Fix all the technical problems posters have been yelling about netcode

~ Fix the custom game type settings for Halo 3 and 4 (so damn broken)

~ Put in ranked and social playlists for all games

~Join a custom game or be able to invite players into one that is on going

~ After-match lobby in matchmaking - just copy/paste the 60 second one from the H5 beta

~ File share browser in game and online

~ Have more than 50 total games/map variants (how am I on a-next gen console with this limit exactly?)

Nice to haves:

~ Proximity voice in H2 Classic
~ Population counters for all playlists
~ Gravity Hammer in H2A Forge (hey they put an AR, Ricochet and a Hornet in H2A, now gimmie the Hammer and Grifball rides again!)

I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I'm actually quite conservative with that must have list.

Good luck with that. I don't see a majority of that stuff happening.

FyreWulff

What was Halo 4's item limit?

don't know for sure but probably the same. never ran into the limit in 4. based directly off Reach and all

Takes me about a minute to be able to select maps in Reach on the first boot due to all the map variants i have

IDK if this has been posted, but the Halo 4 forge map Onyx is in the team odd ball playlist.

Does that mean 343 has some tool that allows them to port 360 forge variants to Xbox One?

Probably

wwm0nkey

Why does this guy think 343 aren't committed to fixing the MCC? Especially considering everything they've been saying for the past few months indicates otherwise?

Anyway, fuck that. Halo 5 was fun.

Unless you are getting the super expensive edition you still don't have to reserve.

Even though I'm sure H5 will have a good launch I wont get it until 2 weeks later after I see community reactions.

King Leo

Neo Member
Unless you are getting the super expensive edition you still don't have to reserve.

Even though I'm sure H5 will have a good launch I wont get it until 2 weeks later after I see community reactions.

I won't be reserving, but I'll get it on launch day. Probably digitally. I gotta have that campaign, yo.

jem0208

I won't be reserving, but I'll get it on launch day. Probably digitally. I gotta have that campaign, yo.
I'll be doing the same. I'm more excited for the campaign than the multiplayer.

Mix

Speaking of campaign stuff, how long would y'all like the campaign to be? I feel like anything shorter than Halo 2 is too short. I want a Halo game that will last me several hours, not just a handful.

El_Chino

Two things:

I'm sure 343i will make sure the game is up to your standards.

/s

Welfare

Speaking of campaign stuff, how long would y'all like the campaign to be? I feel like anything shorter than Halo 2 is too short. I want a Halo game that will last me several hours, not just a handful.

I will not accept anything short of it being the longest Halo campaign.

Most mission with a substantial amount of time spent in each mission that can be replayed multiple times.

This is the 8th generation. 343 should either go all in on an epic campaign of epic proportions or don't even bother.

Top Bottom