• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

tootsi666

UnselfishFluffyIndiancow.gif
Hype levels rising quickly

Great Job :)

Is that what the teaser timer will show? Or is it something else?

we're not sure yet. we're hoping it'll be something more substantial, but we got 2 more days to go.

Props to Mix for acting so fast. I got the video to him as fast as I could, and he once again knocked out another great vid before the competition!

SaganIsGOAT

434 follower here master chief is dead and you can't yet tell who is killing him but I'm guessing it's locke because of something I read on pastebin like and subscribe thanks folks I rushed to get this out world premier status for yall.

434 follower here master chief is dead and you can't yet tell who is killing him but I'm guessing it's locke because of something I read on pastebin like and subscribe thanks folks I rushed to get this out world premier status for yall.

my dad works at nintendo and he says chief gets like 4 million laser girlfriends but arjent lock shoots a him

no im serious guys come on

Ramirez

This has Ben Ghazi reporting live from my cage in my parents basement.

SaganIsGOAT

I don't know if you guys were following that short gif frame by frame but if you look closely at the bullet during its 15th rotation it says #434follower please like and follow my channel

Jibbed

Just watched episodes 2-5 of Nightfall having only seen the first when it originally came out. Gonna be honest, I'm a little disappointed. No more Covenant, no explanation for why the worms were behaving that way, very predictable ending etc.

Hopefully Guardians and the upcoming TV series make good on it.

Microsoft really wants to kill Halo confirmed.

uhhhh what

I hope they're able to explain this stuff properly because I don't understand how Chief is going from saving humanity to being on a kill list by ONI. Where is the logic in that

It happened in COD where the god guys were marked as bad guys for nearly all the campaign but something something something showed they were good guys the entire time so they become friends with the good guys (with no questions involded ) again and saved the world.

uhhhh what

I hope they're able to explain this stuff properly because I don't understand how Chief is going from saving humanity to being on a kill list by ONI. Where is the logic in that

Not too big a leap. Spartan IIs are valuable assets, and extremely dangerous if compromised. If Chief went AWOL, and he can't be taken alive, better dead then in Innie hands.

It's symbolic.

I'm not giving into the hype
I'm not giving into the hype.....

....Not getting sucked in this tiiiiiimmmmeeeee.....

(...help...)

Dub117

Not too big a leap. Spartan IIs are valuable assets, and extremely dangerous if compromised. If Chief went AWOL, and he can't be taken alive, better dead then in Innie hands.
I agree. If John went AWOL fueled by the loss of Cortana, and ONI was tripping on what the backlash/truth would be (does the general public know about the kidnapping of children at this point?) Then they might send a hit squad. Seriously though, good luck with killing John. Dude is a badass.

Welfare

I agree. If John went AWOL fueled by the loss of Cortana, and ONI was tripping on what the backlash/truth would be (does the general public know about the kidnapping of children at this point?) Then they might send a hit squad. Seriously though, good luck with killing John. Dude is a badass.

Lol didn't Laskey give Chief the Pelican they were going to use to find him if he left the Infinity without permission?

Chief going AWOL will mean they need the best of the best to stop him, and I don't think Blue Team is going to betray John.

Omni

Hmmm. I dunno. I guess I'm just scared of Halo 5 being Spartan Ops 2.0, with Chief being Hitler instead of Halsey

I hope the story is balanced.

RBK

Banned
It's symbolic.

(...help...)

It's hard not to, especially for Halo.

It's symbolic.

(...help...)

youarealreadydead.jpg

Hmmm. I dunno. I guess I'm just scared of Halo 5 being Spartan Ops 2.0, with Chief being Hitler instead of Halsey

IIRC, ONI and parts of the UNSC brass have come to view the remaining IIs (Chief included) as something of a potential liability. Past a point, the former child soldiers you kidnapped to fight the Insurrection just start reminding people of how fucked up you are. If the Chief goes AWOL, I could easily see ONI taking the opportunity to bury him.

As to the Halsey thing, I really don't think she was presented poorly in Spartan Ops, just with more (deserved) ambiguity than Nylund's works. She's done some fucked up shit, and she's not a good person, but it's tempered by her obvious care for "her" Spartans. The "Halsey == Hitler" thing didn't really spread out of the Karin Traviss books.

I doubt they'll face turn Chief. It'll probably be ONI being paranoid and afraid of him, Chief discovers huge threat, Locke is forced to trust him, ends with Chief being right and help leading the charge.

Madness

Hey guys, I'll literally dive out of a spaceship with a nuclear bomb to hit a Covenant cruiser, I'll take a mongoose and a rocket launcher and take down scarabs, I'll literally go on a suicide mission at the edge of the Galaxy, save everyone from extinction, drift aimlessly through space for 5 years, wake up, and then save humanity again from an ancient enemy, but please put a sniper bullet in my head in case I need some time to myself after the loss of a trusted friend and upon hearing that a woman I considered a mother figure lost an arm and is now considered evil.

Honestly, it's so dumb to even think that Chief would be a traitor. Even Arbiter showed him more respect and even considered him a friend more than humanity is all of a sudden. Del Rio, Palmer, Locke, whoever the head of ONI does realize Chief saved them from destruction/extinction, not just once but at least 3-4 times right?

Top Bottom