• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

belushy

Banned
Um so this IGN article says Halo 5 will release in "Q3 2015" link

Not saying IGN knows for sure or anything, but the September release could definitely be likely like the rumor from a bit ago.

edit: Welfare got yo backs

-Ryn

Banned
giphy.gif

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
relevant gif.

OHYjSJb.gif

actually, i lied. this isn't relevant at all, but i'm drunk and this is awesome

Ampoc

Neo Member
Could the thing that will be shown when the countdown is complete be that live action trailer which had a set picture leaked a bit ago? Regardless, I'm pretty excited.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It's probably just going to be a five second clip of a Chopper ripping through while a player ADS's at the driver.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I REALLLLLLLLY hope the countdown doesn't end with a live action trailer. I want in-game stuff. Plus a release date.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
And a lil btb
I'm more excited about that than anything else, but I don't think we'll be getting it yet. Campaign stuff this time.

I'm also not really into ARGs. They're not very interesting to me. I Love Bees was really cool and novel for it's time, but that was 11 years ago.

Booshka

Zoom options in settings menu, Smart Scope for ADS plebes, Smart Link for Scope Dongers and extreme Lore nerds.

That's the huge news in the coming weeks right.

From waypoint
OP
Dope Fez said:
343 please read. Im -Yoink- sick of COD being the number one FPS. So I was wondering how we can get halo back on top. I was playing MCC custom games one day with some friends on Xbox live. It brought to my attention how much fun halo used to be. There it came to attention a great idea that COD doesn't have "Custom Games Matchmaking". It works simple either you can join someone else's lobby or you create your own open lobby and people can join your game. Why is this a good idea? 1-It would increase replay value by alot why? So many options so many games it would be unpredictable and the possibilities are endless it would never get old and think about it you can play classic halo all day with no sprint and abilities. 2- it would get back the community together why? Remember custom games was a big trademark that brought us together in halo 3. 3- Its unique compared to other FPS why? I'm sick of people saying halo 5 copies COD and this idea is original correct me if I'm wrong. 4- custom games are just so dam fun. This idea would also be great with forge matchmaking and co op campaign matchmaking. I'm not giving up on halo yet I'm trying to get it back on top. I thought this was a great idea. Anyone else agree?

Josh response
Josh said:
This is a very cool idea and similar to ideas that we have talked about internally at 343. It's not something that we are building for Halo 5, but maybe in future. It would be a lot of work, but done right would be HUGE for the community.

HTupolev

If they show BTB, and the vehicles don't have proper headlights with specular...

I'm going to squint angrily and shake my head.

Mix

Hopefully, if this is an ARG, we get a freakin release date and trailer and find out what's in the box by the time it ends.

Marketing train leaving the station!

As I mentioned in gaming side... if this means early SP details a September release seems all the more likely. But I'm probably reading too much into it.
Halo 4 had its single player reveal as the Game Informer cover in March 2012. So Guardians is a bit late.

-Ryn

Banned
Unfortunately not. I have this weird quirk where things have value or some such nonsense.
What kind of nutjob are you?

relevant gif.

OHYjSJb.gif

actually, i lied. this isn't relevant at all, but i'm drunk and this is awesome
Talk about a joystick

Yeah

Seriously lol Im so excited i cant wait
I'm gonna be soooooo disappointed if it's campaign stuff. I don't do spoilers. I just want some lickass gameplay.

willow ve

Can devs who put lightning effects into their background / skyboxes make it so the lighting doesn't strike continually in the same spot on a timer? Please? Bungie has this issue with Destiny (when orbiting Earth the lightning flashes over and over again in the same sequence) and now it looks like 343 has the same issue with Relic.

#annoyingtonerds

Source

I can't recall what thread and what was said exactly, but Frankie said fans of BTB should have some very exciting things to look forward to in Halo 5. In his roundabout way.

Fans of which BTB, though? I'm a fan of Halo 2 (and Halo 3 sort of) BTB, not Halo: Reach or Halo 4 BTB. I guess I can only hope there's a classic style BTB playlist if their new BTB hotness doesn't pan out to my liking.

Akai__

Fans of which BTB, though? I'm a fan of Halo 2 (and Halo 3 sort of) BTB, not Halo: Reach or Halo 4 BTB. I guess I can only hope there's a classic style BTB playlist if their new BTB hotness doesn't pan out to my liking.

Vehicle health, being able to spawn with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades and a DMR which is wrecking vehicles and can ping people across the map ruined BTB for me.

I very much hope they go back to Halo 2/3 BTB. That moment, when you play CTF on Sandtrap and drive the enemies Elephant to your side of the map, after struggleing for 10 minutes.

Impala26

After Halo 4, Spartan Ops and Traviss I'm not particularly excited about Halo 5 at this point. Beta was fun, but meh. Hopefully that changes over the next few months

I like it. Kinda disappointing that they chose this over Waterworks though. Imagine how that would have looked ;_;

They're saving Waterworks remake for H5 BTB as DLC lol.
Would probably pay 5 bucks for that map by itself.

Top Bottom