• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

UnselfishFluffyIndiancow.gif

the photoshop possibilities are endless

Karl2177

5 second snippets aren't anything to go off of, but w/e. Y'all are assuming way too much off that thing.

On another note, we're anywhere from 6 to 9 months from launch. I'm hoping we don't see anything else until E3. I still think that it's better to have a constant stream of information and content, instead of the month long periods of no contact like with Halo 4.

Madness

Same. I'm dreading launch and being put into something like Silver 1 or gold 2 or something and then just being stuck. For me it's going to be Onyx and above or bust. I'll probably pay a guy like Ninja to backpack me up if I get put too low after 10 matches.

HTupolev

100% sure that spartans will be an enemy at one point
You reach an area with a few patrolling spartans, and they demolish you no matter what you try to do. Then you get bored and decide to shoot a bird out of the sky, and the SIV's attack it relentlessly for the next ten seconds in total ignorance of anything you do, allowing you to take them out or stealthily avoid the encounter.

I fucking love how 343 uses the classic monks in their own way, in the new 15 second teaser and then the Halo 4 announcement trailer. HOPEFULLY it actually makes it in game for Halo 5.

-Ryn

Banned
Chief puts his helmet on a stick and makes it dance. Sniper shoots helmet, turns around, camera pans up to Chief's face (slightly obscured by space light, Chief shoves rifle up Snipers butt.

Nice interview Frankie, you beautiful man

Looking forward to Juices dere dere

#BUTTS

Hey guys, I'll literally dive out of a spaceship with a nuclear bomb to hit a Covenant cruiser, I'll take a mongoose and a rocket launcher and take down scarabs, I'll literally go on a suicide mission at the edge of the Galaxy, save everyone from extinction, drift aimlessly through space for 5 years, wake up, and then save humanity again from an ancient enemy, but please put a sniper bullet in my head in case I need some time to myself after the loss of a trusted friend and upon hearing that a woman I considered a mother figure lost an arm and is now considered evil.

Honestly, it's so dumb to even think that Chief would be a traitor. Even Arbiter showed him more respect and even considered him a friend more than humanity is all of a sudden. Del Rio, Palmer, Locke, whoever the head of ONI does realize Chief saved them from destruction/extinction, not just once but at least 3-4 times right?
Dicks gonna dick

ONI pinned all the blame for the Spartan project on Halsey despite being just as responsible without a second thought. I doubt they give a flying grunts fart about honor.

GrizzNKev

Banned
You kind of have to look at it from the angle of why the Covenant were villains in the first place. The Prophets were so desperate for control they essentially cornered themselves into suicide. The way it all played out was more complex and interesting than what we've seen so far from ONI but the Halo 2 vibes are very strong, and also very intentional. Let's see how they handle this.

jem0208

Hey guys, I'll literally dive out of a spaceship with a nuclear bomb to hit a Covenant cruiser, I'll take a mongoose and a rocket launcher and take down scarabs, I'll literally go on a suicide mission at the edge of the Galaxy, save everyone from extinction, drift aimlessly through space for 5 years, wake up, and then save humanity again from an ancient enemy, but please put a sniper bullet in my head in case I need some time to myself after the loss of a trusted friend and upon hearing that a woman I considered a mother figure lost an arm and is now considered evil.

Honestly, it's so dumb to even think that Chief would be a traitor. Even Arbiter showed him more respect and even considered him a friend more than humanity is all of a sudden. Del Rio, Palmer, Locke, whoever the head of ONI does realize Chief saved them from destruction/extinction, not just once but at least 3-4 times right?

I don't think he will actually be a traitor. I think he's gone AWOL to do his own thing and as such ONI considers him a massive liability. Therefore to remove that liability they set him up as a traitor and use that set up as an excuse to take him down.

I think the basics of the story will be Locke hunting him down and slowly realizing that the Chief has been set up. He'll have some internal fighting about whether to follow orders or help the Chief, eventually he decides to AWOL too and stick with the Chief.

Edit: Not sure if this has been posted yet but it looks like a possible November release :/

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2zqjgb/could_this_mean_halo_5_is_still_a_november/

GrizzNKev

Banned
I don't think he will actually be a traitor. I think he's gone AWOL to do his own thing and as such ONI considers him a massive liability. Therefore to remove that liability they set him up as a traitor and use that set up as an excuse to take him down.

I think the basics of the story will be Locke hunting him down and slowly realizing that the Chief has been set up. He'll have some internal fighting about whether to follow orders or help the Chief, eventually he decides to AWOL too and stick with the Chief.

Edit: Not sure if this has been posted yet but it looks like a possible November release :/

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2zqjgb/could_this_mean_halo_5_is_still_a_november/

They started filming and editing The Sprint long before November 2014. It's entirely possible that trailer, as well as the series, were planned to release earlier than they did. Absolutely nothing in there is evidence that the November part was in reference to Halo 5's release date.

-Ryn

Banned
It's like poetry.

tumblr_nidmrqwlhE1r3i2kko2_500.gif
boLefKT.gif

...to see IIs curb-stomp IVs...
I once had a fascinating conversation with someone who thought a Spartan II would lose to a IV or a III.

Personally, I think after Chief finds out about all the shit ONI's been pulling he'll likely go rogue and eventually, (maybe) help fight ONI. Though that would require fighting humans for realsies. Which has never happened in Halo. Even in 2 where you play as the Arbiter.

Is there even a way to search for files in the MCC? All I can see is the 'My Files' tab.

Added a guy from youtube who has an Octagon gametype on his fileshare - can only get the 'see fileshare' option when he's online
failfish.png

Akai__

Is there even a way to search for files in the MCC? All I can see is the 'My Files' tab.

Added a guy from youtube who has an Octagon gametype on his fileshare - can only get the 'see fileshare' option when he's online
failfish.png

You can try and find him on the leaderboards maybe. That's the only way I know of.

If it were more seamlessly integrated, I think it could be worth moving all of the File Share stuff over to Halo Channel. Interface is already clean, gives you the ability to refine things a bit more, and it could serve some extra purposes like making "map packs" or "content packs" like Fyre suggested a long time ago, being a dedicated machinima station where you could add stuff from dialogue databanks, use licensed Halo music, etc.

jem0208

If it were more seamlessly integrated, I think it could be worth moving all of the File Share stuff over to Halo Channel. Interface is already clean, gives you the ability to refine things a bit more, and it could serve some extra purposes like making "map packs" or "content packs" like Fyre suggested a long time ago, being a dedicated machinima station where you could add stuff from dialogue databanks, use licensed Halo music, etc.

They need to make the Halo Channel run at more than 5fps before they can do that though.

Using that app is painful.

Akai__

Got to use those back doors with the MCC kappa

I hate the MCC UI. Should have taken the Reach one, with the H3 File Share system and be done with it. You can't even see Party Details from players and Game Session Details don't show the score.

It's really the worst UI Halo ever had. -.-

---

41 maps in BTB and Bloodline ain't one. How am I supposed to get Splatter kills in H2A matchmaking? Whoever added this achievement, you are not a nice guy.

I hate the MCC UI. Should have taken the Reach one, with the H3 File Share system and be done with it. You can't even see Party Details from players and Game Session Details don't show the score.

It's really the worst UI Halo ever had. -.-

---

41 maps in BTB and Bloodline ain't one. How am I supposed to get Splatter kills in H2A matchmaking? Whoever added this achievement, you are not a nice guy.

if you're lookin' for the gulch i got news for you, son

protip for those keeping score at home: when it comes to relativizing typography in graphic design, the letter "C" in vertical typefaces is the fucking Knight Battlewagon of characters.

Impala26

Time to repost!

0qpMXne.jpg

We are looking to begin the festivities around 2pm EST TODAY!

I seriously think it's gonna happen this time guys!

So far besides myself, your likely raiders include:
My longtime non-GAF buddy (SAPsnake)
Daedalius
aHebrewMenagerie
RBK
Tawpgun

Other potential raiders are:
Mix
Kittens
Willow ve
and a handful of folks from DGAF who lurk here in HaloGAF

Anyone else who'd like in, just gimme a shout either here on Xbox Live. My GT is the same as my GAF name, Impala26. Just know that I'll be favoring the party to be first and foremost those who have yet to complete the Vault of Glass.

I'll be streaming the action here:
http://www.twitch.tv/impala426
(yes I'm aware there's a '4' in the name... name was already taken)

See yinz guyz soon!

Akai__

Uh bloodline is in BTB..

The chances of playing on the map are next to none. You have 41 maps, which all have like 2 or 3 gametypes combinations. It might aswell not even be in BTB at all. Wouldn't make a difference...

And of course I found a game on Bloodline right after this post. Took only 2 hours.

Tawpgun

Put me on the official roster bitch. Someone's gotta guide you scrubs.

Won't give the answers but I'll push you in the right direction

willow ve

Time to repost!

0qpMXne.jpg

We are looking to begin the festivities around 2pm EST TODAY!

seriously think it's gonna happen this time guys!

So far besides myself, your likely raiders include:
My longtime non-GAF buddy (SAPsnake)
Daedalius
aHebrewMenagerie
RBK

Other potential raiders are:
Mix
Kittens
Willow ve
Tawpgun
and a handful of folks from DGAF who lurk here in HaloGAF

Anyone else who'd like in, just gimme a shout either here on Xbox Live. My GT is the same as my GAF name, Impala26. Just know that I'll be favoring the party to be first and foremost those who have yet to complete the Vault of Glass.

I'll be streaming the action here:
http://www.twitch.tv/impala426
(yes I'm aware there's a '4' in the name... name was already taken)

See yinz guyz soon!

I'm out if you guys are playing today (Saturday).

If you decide to do another run tomorrow (Sunday) I can join.

Top Bottom