• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

jem0208

After listening to that Soundcloud thing on #HUNTtheTRUTH again, I'm really quite hyped. This is far cooler than a simple trailer.

Heyho HaloGaf :)

I finally got activated :D

And yeah, last nights Halo 5 thing was a bit disappointing to me :/ Would like to see something from the campaign already.

jem0208

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXrYSEOg3Ro

A trailer like this will get me infinitely more hyped than any episodic podcast audio will.

Hmm, that's a more immediate hype builder but it doesn't have the substance that this podcast could have; that little intro thing was really interesting and going back to listen to it, I noticed a bunch of little exciting tidbits. What are these deep space anomalies?

Anyway, we'll get that trailer at E3 so I'm not too worried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXrYSEOg3Ro

A trailer like this will get me infinitely more hyped than any episodic podcast audio will.
That was an e3 trailer That's like a equivalent of the E3 Halo 5 trailer
And the Huntthetruth Is the equivalent of Iris
Hmm, that's a more immediate hype builder but it doesn't have the substance that this podcast could have; that little intro thing was really interesting and going back to listen to it, I noticed a bunch of little exciting tidbits. What are these deep space anomalies?

Agreed I feel like this weekly episodic info is much better, and we will likely get so much more at E3

Dub117

I'm pretty sure we get a trailer next week during The Walking Dead finale

Impala26

Nah. I played [Destiny] about four hours of the beta and it was already feeling too repetitive/grindy for me.

Let's just say I don't think anyone plays it for the story, haha.

Seriously, even the cringe-iest bits of the Halo games--including "To war...", "but this ring is MINE", Didact in general--don't hold a candle to the fail that is Destiny's dialogue and voice acting. And that's sad because there is some absolutely top-notch talent there in terms of actors and actresses.

I really hope that Destiny's storywriting failed because Joe Staten was pushed aside and ultimately left rather than him being directly responsible for what we see with the game today.

So yeah, I'm holding out for better times with Locke/Colter. :p

IHaveIce

Banned
Heyho HaloGaf :)

I finally got activated :D

And yeah, last nights Halo 5 thing was a bit disappointing to me :/ Would like to see something from the campaign already.
Shit Jumper finally! Welcome aboard my friend.
I still think this is the most boring trailer in Halo history. I don't even find it very visually interesting.
But it's still more exciting than a podcast series.

WHAT?
They could show this trailer and jsut write halo 5 at the end and I still would be hyped for fall

I want to respond normally but I'm fairly sure this is another jab at my lack of avatar. Time to scour the internet for weird Halo images.

No, seriously, who are you.

Make sure you pick something with color. Black & white avatars don't really draw the eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzkL-vg8MHE

This is still my favourite Halo trailer. It almost makes me wish ODST had gone a bit more in this direction thematically. Then again ODST is a fucking fantastic game so I'm alright.

Knew what it would be before I clicked the link. Jem, today you ride on the good opinion train.

Mix

That E3 2006 trailer was amazing, I ran around my house like a jackass in hype after it.

Same. Man that shit was good. I really hope that they can recapture that with the live action trailer on Sunday or any trailer for that matter.

Ghazi

Seems like all of them are banned fpr this.

Weird a guy over at DestinyGAf is allowed to promote his podcast.
Todd doesn't post about it nearly as much as Mix and Wahrer do. Sucks they got banned, though.
Time for Ghazi & Gringo to pick up the reins.
49475f5e0ad6603cca83f6e4c97bf84e.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
WHAT?
They could show this trailer and jsut write halo 5 at the end and I still would be hyped for fall
chief walking in a cloud of dust
cortana having a nervous breakdown
an oddly perfect crater with an oddly perfect crumbling cliffside that chief casually steps away from
a flock of banshees
a big boom

zzzzzzzzzzz

The music is cool tho.

Reach's campaign trailers did a pretty good job of that as well.

THIS. I love the art of the trailer whether we're talking movies or video games. Hell, sometimes when the final product sucks, I resent it for retroactively ruining the trailer that got me so hyped (hello Prometheus).

That VGA awards reveal of Reach, non-CGI, cool cinematography, grittier look, that graphical boost and my favorite piece of Halo music other than the monks…

Damn. Live action is great and all but I would love a Halo 5 trailer that matched that.

Top Bottom