• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Welfare

zEbs8PY.png

Second week of September. I really don't see how MS won't just do Destiny's launch, but with Halo 5.

Huge E3 blowout
(Second)Beta in August that's open to only those that pre ordered. Invite 3 friends to play the beta with you. Open the beta to everyone after a week.
Hype
More Hype
Release

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sooo anyone else having trouble finding a match in MCC all of the sudden again?

Been staring at the matchmaking screen for half an hour now without successfully finding a match..

Halo Online looks good in that it doesn't appear to be taking away from the mainline Halo games, so I say why not? They should do more spin-offs imho. They got this F2P, multiplayer only Halo model to work on before a similar model makes its way to the states, so now we need Halo Wars 2!
Second week of September. I really don't see how MS won't just do Destiny's launch, but with Halo 5.

Huge E3 blowout
(Second)Beta in August that's open to only those that pre ordered. Invite 3 friends to play the beta with you. Open the beta to everyone after a week.
Hype
More Hype
Release
Destiny's release in September is why I picked up that game despite some hesitation; there were no games around it.

dwells

Cool, so if Master Chief Collection is fixed by the May patch, we'll get four whole months of gameplay before the population vanishes entirely.

Cool, so if Master Chief Collection is fixed by the May patch, we'll get four whole months of gameplay before the population vanishes entirely.

Pretty much why I don't even bother to load up the game anymore, going to be a ghost town in a few months. However, I do want to play ODST and finish up legendary runs to get my armor, other then that I don't play it.

belushy

Banned
I think it is kinda funny that Avalanche and Turf got a makeover for that Halo online but Guardian was just thrown in there as-is. Would have been cool to see that map in a different art style.

And I like the look of this map.

shrek

Banned
That actually looks pretty cool...almost too much effort for it not to be released worldwide...

And the menu text is in English...

Speaking of remaking Turf, 343 should just make one map containing Headlong, Terminal, and Turf for H2A/H5.

That actually looks pretty cool...almost too much effort for it not to be released worldwide...

And the menu text is in English...

Speaking of remaking Turf, 343 should just make one map containing Headlong, Terminal, and Turf for H2A/H5.

As a BTB map? That'd be swell.

I think it is kinda funny that Avalanche and Turf got a makeover for that Halo online but Guardian was just thrown in there as-is. Would have been cool to see that map in a different art style.

And I like the look of this map.
Kinda curious if that'll be a Halo 5 map. Probably not.

Just a facebook account.

After you sign up you need to change your profile details and update your DOB and region.

I imagine you will need to be 18+ and Russian.

I'm 25 so that's not an issue :p Might set up a dummy account then with the proper region. A key factor in all of this is if US computers can even download the game.... THAT might require the VPN.

RSB

Banned
Sept 10 is my Birthday.

Not that I care about getting an Xbone or Halo 5, but cool coincidence if true.
Heh, it's my birthday too. I do have an Xbone, but I won't be getting Halo 5 either, at launch at least (first Halo since CE I won't be buying day one) I may pick a used copy down the line, to play the campaign. Will play with the Blind skull on for sure (unless 343 removes it to troll me harder, LOL)

Nowise10

So I got this sent to me today from Marty

It's an unreleased soundtrack from 1999, from his company he and Salvatori ran. Had the Halo:CE theme from the Macworld premiere on it, and Myth songs. But it also had some just random songs near the end, and one of them was "Pursuit of Truth" from Halo 2, even though the music is from 1999 and before. I thought that was pretty interesting. Its not the exact same song, but its pretty damn close.

Karl2177

It's an unreleased soundtrack from 1999, from his company he and Salvatori ran. Had the Halo:CE theme from the Macworld premiere on it, and Myth songs. But it also had some just random songs near the end, and one of them was "Pursuit of Truth" from Halo 2, even though the music is from 1999 and before. I thought that was pretty interesting. Its not the exact same song, but its pretty damn close. Unless Pursuit means something I don't know, and its a remake from somewhere.

That's awesome. Are the other songs that you recognize the same as their official released version or are there differences between them?

RSB

Banned

It's an unreleased soundtrack from 1999, from his company he and Salvatori ran. Had the Halo:CE theme from the Macworld premiere on it, and Myth songs. But it also had some just random songs near the end, and one of them was "Pursuit of Truth" from Halo 2, even though the music is from 1999 and before. I thought that was pretty interesting. Its not the exact same song, but its pretty damn close.
Wasn't Pursuit of Truth a homage to a track from Marathon? Maybe that's why.

Edit: This track.

I was thinking it must be from somewhere. The track name is just called Kemper, though.

The one on the CD sounded basically exactly like Halo 2, but maybe missing like 2 things from it.
Interesting. I guess Marty had that track done for years, and then included it in Halo 2. It's actually one of my favorite tracks from the game. Cool.

Nowise10

That's awesome. Are the other songs that you recognize the same as their official released version or are there differences between them?
Yeah, most of them are tracks from Myth, along with a game Marty worked on outside of Bungie called Septerra. The ending 4 tracks are all random things, with odd names like "Kemper" "Nintendo" "Oshkosh" and "OSU".

Wasn't Pursuit of Truth a homage to a track from Marathon?

I was thinking it must be from somewhere. The track name is just called Kemper, though.
The one on the CD sounded basically exactly like Halo 2, but maybe missing like 2 things from it.

Fuchsdh

Yeah it's interesting to see where some of the music came from earlier. The "Weight of Failure" cue that goes alongside Arby's testimony to the council in Halo 2 seems like it was taken from the "Love Theme" that never made it into Halo 1.

EDIT: Aand double post. What shame I bring to this thread.

Yeah, most of them are tracks from Myth, along with a game Marty worked on outside of Bungie called Septerra. The ending 4 tracks are all random things, with odd names like "Kemper" "Nintendo" "Oshkosh" and "OSU".

Would it happen to be a track that appeared in both the Halo 3 Legendary extras and also the H2A vidoc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9-Wk_R3SPw starts around 57:40

BokehKing

Banned
Pretty much why I don't even bother to load up the game anymore, going to be a ghost town in a few months. However, I do want to play ODST and finish up legendary runs to get my armor, other then that I don't play it.
Not necessarily (if it works properly) people will still play it.

Look at COD, people are still playing the past entries, you can pop anyone of those entries in and find a match online.

There will be people who just want like halo 5, they will go back to halo mcc
Especially if Microsoft does what I think they are going to do

Bundle that includes halo 5 and MCC download code for like $300-$325 in November

Top Bottom