• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Overdoziz

Banned
Frank, any possibility we get some of those maps in Halo 5, or MCC?
here's relic
boo.png

Also interesting that they announced this new book and it isn't the Troy Denning book I found on Amazon (before it was removed) a few months back. that had a tentative release set for I believe October or November so now we know of at least two Halo books near the end of this year.

Tawpgun

the flood has ships and shit
they were not all on the ring
i doubt they were all on high charity when it went kaboom
they didnt all starve in 2 years

I thought the implication was that because the ring was completed yet it malfunctioned and destroyed itself and everything nearby including the Ark, thereby killing the Flood.

gzus you're thinking too hard

How can you make a game about a galaxy at peace huh? There needs to be an ancient discovery that threatens the galaxy once every few years.

Even though that F2P game looks like EVERYTHING WRONG WITH HALO™, I can't deny I want to play that because of how fucking weird this product is. Plus since this isn't main Halo and such I don't actually mind all that shit in there, except the pay to win bullshit of course.

I was surprised to learn Turf wasn't a very popular Halo 2 map online, I still had dial-up in 2004 and we played a ton of Turf on splitscreen. Would have been cool to see in H2A.

Omni

GUYS STATEN IS WRITING HALO AGAIN. Shadow of Intent is coming out in December. Probably a shirt story similar to New Blood.

and Frankie. Saint's Testimony is coming out at the end of July. Looks to be a short story.

here is the Troy Denning book, Last Light, due in September.

The Peter David book is out in June.
Are the shitty comics still going? I honestly feel like they're flooding the EU a bit too much. I liked it when there was only a book or so a year.

Hope Halo 5 doesn't start on the assumption that people have read all of this stuff. Short as they are.

Why is this a thing again

OH pay to win microtransaction stuff. And to think Bungie thought Halo Wars was the whoring out of their IP xD

Are the shitty comics still going? I honestly feel like they're flooding the EU a bit too much. I liked it when there was only a book or so a year.

Hope Halo 5 doesn't start on the assumption that people have read all of this stuff. Short as they are.

Better not, after what happened in Halo 4. The story crew at 343 has to realize that making a bunch of allusions to outside-the-game story events is bull. Make the story coherent and flesh it out enough so that the other media complement the story, rather than supplement it.

LOL @ the comments on the main page that say Halo Online looks better than Halo 5. I'm not sure where to even begin.

singhr1

Better not, after what happened in Halo 4. The story crew at 343 has to realize that making a bunch of allusions to outside-the-game story events is bull. Make the story coherent and flesh it out enough so that the other media complement the story, rather than supplement it.

LOL @ the comments on the main page that say Halo Online looks better than Halo 5. I'm not sure where to even begin.

Doesn't Halo 5 have a new writer? I thought the Halo 4 lead writer is doing Mass Effect now.

http://blog.bioware.com/2014/11/07/introducing-some-dev-team-leads-for-the-next-mass-effect/

Whose the new lead?

Also two questions on the Halo Online trailer. Why are the plasma grenades creating red explosion? Why did some enemies get a red highlight on them a la Gears of War 3?

Glass

Im still salty about parts of the Halo 4 story. I loved all the Halo campaigns, that should be more then enough to understand what unfolds. Instead the plot felt like it was trying its best to lose me around every corner.

Doesn't Halo 5 have a new writer? I thought the Halo 4 lead writer is doing Mass Effect now.

http://blog.bioware.com/2014/11/07/introducing-some-dev-team-leads-for-the-next-mass-effect/

Whose the new lead?

Also two questions on the Halo Online trailer. Why are the plasma grenades creating red explosion? Why did some enemies get a red highlight on them a la Gears of War 3?

Brian Reed.

Not sure about the red explosions but the red highlight is most likely a perk, since players can have up to 5.

Karl2177

Halo Online may not look good, but I still want the opportunity to try it... I'm gonna sign up for it later today, assuming they don't prevent non-Russians from signing up later today.

It looks good as a platform. It's the Halo 3 engine with updated graphics running on PC. There's potential for it to be modded into something amazing.

You mostly don't get to mod f2p online only games like Halo online

It is kinda funny how some people are drooling over this, seeing as it's got the definitive list of Halo 4 Problems, other than (maybe) lacking Flinch.

I find that weird that people are doing that. Looks like halo 4(which I liked), plus a bunch more like actual different weapon variants of a single weapon that has different stats(like a DMR for mid to close range) with loadouts, and possibly other stuff.

To me ,logically, wouldn't that be worse than halo 4?

TheXbox

Halo Online is like the Gravemind of every bad idea ever implemented in Halo. Why the hell anyone would want to play this is beyond me. Looks terrible.

daedalius

Based on Halo 3: Molasses speed, anchor aim acceleration, slow firing non-hitscan battle rifle(buy a faster firing BR! with hitscan bullets!)

Sounds great!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
<-- &#1082;&#1086;&#1090;&#1103;&#1090;&#1072;

I took a year of Russian in college and it was really, really fun. I've taken Japanese and Spanish too, but somehow I enjoyed Russian the most.

Impala26

<-- &#1082;&#1086;&#1090;&#1103;&#1090;&#1072;

I took a year of Russian in college and it was really, really fun. I've taken Japanese and Spanish too, but somehow I enjoyed Russian the most.

Arr, we be raiding tonight around 8pm EST... you in?

This goes for anyone else who still needs/wants to do Vault of Glass normal...

Halo Online is like the Gravemind of every bad idea ever implemented in Halo. Why the hell anyone would want to play this is beyond me. Looks terrible.
I want to play this Its not the same kind of game it a completely different kind of game, Just like Halo wars, Spartan assault, etc etc,
Just because its not identical to the core halo games doesn't mean its automatically bad

I want to plays this so bad to see the lore aspect, The halo universe is quite larger
The armory of halo is quite modular and customizable with in the universe
The Ar in universe is mean to be very flexible.

I think its quite interesting to see different version of the same weapons and seeing how they might work in a game(that's completely separate from the core halo games)

People wont be playing this game expecting it to feel like Halo 2, they are playing it for a completely different reason. the people joining the beta Play f2p, these is a mean to reach those player with out hindering the core halo franchise. Just like halo wars was meant for RTS gamers, and Spartan Asualt was for the mobile/small screen markets

People expecting and wanting this to be the PC port fo the core games are just fooling themselves.

Yes there are people interested in this Game.

And to some halo is more then i one trick pony.

Well, at least it's better than Halo 5.

Apparently.

I wouldn't say its better then halo 5, they are completely different game, targeting completely different demographics, and is mean to be played in a completely different way.

I want to play it so I can say just how BAD it is
I want to play it to see how the universe is depicted.
Seeing all the variation on weapons and armor is fantastic IMHO, and it does not effect the core halo franchise.

Its great IMHO

I just hope it does well in Russia so that other market might gain access.

Top Bottom