• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

RBK

Banned
The Turf remake we all been waiting on...on a Russian F2P Halo game.
tumblr_inline_nlayu62qdd1shgrs5.gif

Game actually looks good though, even if it isn't "classic" Halo gameplay.

RSB

Banned
LOL. That looks better than Halo 5.

And just to think a few months back I asked for a Turf remake... 343 are master trolls indeed (guess shoehorning ADS into Halo wasn't enough)

Yeah, having to pay for grenades, ammo and weapons is much better than Halo 5.
I mean graphically. I guess it's because it looks basically like Halo 3. IDK how the gameplay will be, but I guess since it's F2P it's probably gonna suck...

Lol what

Even if you take out the microtransactions pay to win model.... You still have armor mods that change base player traits. Weapon mods that change weapon stats. And a perk system that you manualy activate.

It sounds worse than halo 4, but hey i guess if it doesn't have ADS it's better than 5
I never said it was better, I just said it looks better. Literally. I already clarified it in my previous edit. Learn to read.

Again, I can't say anything about the gameplay, since I haven't played it to compare. The Halo 5 beta was pretty awful though, so I wouldn't be surprised...

And my comment about ADS had nothing to do with that russian game (it has sprint, so it probably has ADS too, they just didn't show it in the video) I was just mentioning it as another troll from 343. Again, learn to read.

Overdoziz

Banned

And just to think a few months back I asked for a Turf remake... 343 are master trolls indeed (guess shoehorning ADS into Halo wasn't enough)
Yeah, having to pay for grenades, ammo and weapons is much better than Halo 5.

Akai__

I'm wondering if Halo Online has Custom Games and rules? Halo 3 settings without those abilities on Turf (and Guardian of course)...

2035_autoplay_gif_gif_vince_mcmahon_wwf.gif

The spartan customizing looks cool. But besides the Turf Remake, there's nothing I wish we would get too. I'm really looking forward to Halo 5 instead of that russian Pay2Win Halo.
But it would be cool as a MCC DLC, or at least the new maps for Halo 3

Tawpgun

I mean graphically. I guess it's because it looks basically like Halo 3. IDK how the gameplay will be, but I guess since it's F2P it's probably gonna suck...

Lol what

Even if you take out the microtransactions pay to win model.... You still have armor mods that change base player traits. Weapon mods that change weapon stats. And a perk system that you manualy activate.

It sounds worse than halo 4, but hey i guess if it doesn't have ADS it's better than 5

VinFTW

Lol what

It honestly just shows that people will hate on Halo regardless.

Can't wait to see the "look on people's faces" when H5 comes out and is actually the real deal.

wwm0nkey

The only way this comes to the west will be through the removal of stats on weapons and armor but still letting you purchase the skins.... Which I would be 100% okay with.

Also classes and weapon select need to go or have a classic mode and you have a viable Halo PC game for the west here too.

dwells

This looks dope.

Obviously there's issues (microtransactions, armor/weapon mods changing damage traits), but holy crap, it's the Halo 3 engine alright. Maps look awesome and the graphics look pretty decent too.

There is HUGE modding potential here. I may have to reach out to some old contacts and see if anyone has anything planned. I never worked with the Halo 3 engine (only Halo 1 and Halo 2), but I'm willing to learn..

Tawpgun

The only way this comes to the west will be through the removal of stats on weapons and armor but still letting you purchase the skins.... Which I would be 100% okay with.

Also classes and weapon select need to go or have a classic mode and you have a viable Halo PC game for the west here too.
Dunno if it will ever come here because it's a PC game. Microsoft probably wouldn't want their flagship system seller to be available on PC.

VinFTW

Dwells and Welfare saying this looks good, ayyyy lmao.

Sprint, ADS, Armor lock, etc, etc, etc

THE HALO COMMUNITY IS SO CONFUSED

dwells

Dwells and Welfare saying this looks good, ayyyy lmao.

Sprint, ADS, Armor lock, etc, etc, etc

THE HALO COMMUNITY IS SO CONFUSED
It looks good as a platform. It's the Halo 3 engine with updated graphics running on PC. There's potential for it to be modded into something amazing.

It is kinda funny how some people are drooling over this, seeing as it's got the definitive list of Halo 4 Problems, other than (maybe) lacking Flinch.

It looks interesting... I'm not as bugged by the F2P RPG elements, since its not a mainline Halo title, but it looks like something I'd play and have some fun, here's to hoping it makes its way overseas.

Probably not though...

Glass

It might look like Halo, but I bet its going to play and feel pretty different. Also what's going on with all the lights on the armour?

Was in the shower this morning thinking about Halo 5 (is it Sunday yet) and I was thinking an extra layer of customization for your spartan could be the under suit layer and the ability to change it up. You have the bubble type one in 4. I love the look of Reach's under suit. Lets crack the customization up.

It might look like Halo, but I bet its going to play and feel pretty different. Also what's going on with all the lights on the armour?

Was in the shower this morning thinking about Halo 5 (is it Sunday yet) and I was thinking an extra layer of customization for your spartan could be the under suit layer and the ability to change it up. You have the bubble type one in 4. I love the look of Reach's under suit. Lets crack the customization up.

More visual customization is always welcome, imo. I just hope they don't stick with unified armor sets only for the main game.

Nebula

Halo 2 and H2A have THE WORST FUCKING HIT DETECTION FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Lost a game of ctf cause 2 clips of pistol decided not to register on a guy. Quitting every game of H2 in BTB. This is disgusting.

Welfare

Looking at the trailer, the map remakes look good. Turf looks good, and Avalanche got remade into an industrial cliffside.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't really want that game, but it would be nice if the map remakes made their way to MCC. Or Halo 5. My main current gripe with MCC is lack of remastered maps. That Anniversary playlist gets boring quick.

Ghazi

Halo Online's existence is one of the weirdest things I've seen. I'm do confused as to why this wasn't worldwide and looks like CoD. A big budget game like this would've been huge.

Tawpgun

Only good thing I hope to come out of Halo Online is 343 finally realizing what they should have realized years ago.

Let people pay for cosmetic micro transactions and use the money to release maps for free so DLC doesn't segment a community looking to build itself back up.

The only microtransaction Rockstar does is paying real money to get a bunch of GTA$. Yet by doing this (and maybe even tapping into the gajillions they made off the game) EVERY single DLC including the latest huge Heist dlc has been free.

Slightly Liveski ready to rock.

Ski is Polish
Sky is Russian

pls don't associate us with dirty no good russians tyia

9781476795850.jpg

It is 2555, more than two years after the Master Chief went missing-in-action following a decisive conflict on Installation 00—the massive, extragalactic Forerunner construct known as the Ark—as part of the final chapter in humanity’s bloody thirty-year struggle against the overwhelming forces of the Covenant. Now, as a tenuous peace exists between the humans and the Elites, a startling scientific discovery is made…and the riddle behind its Forerunner origins could very well seal the fate of the entire galaxy within a matter of weeks. In order to unravel these dangerous secrets, a heroic, hastily formed coalition of humans and Elites must attempt to overcome their differences as they embark on a covert mission back to the Ark—an astonishing, enigmatic place beyond comprehension from which few have returned and where mortal danger awaits them all…

Peter David is a prolific New York Times bestselling author whose career, and continued popularity, spans more than two decades. He has worked in every conceivable media—television, film, books (fiction, nonfiction, and audio), short stories, and comic books—and acquired loyal followings in all of them. In the literary field, he has had more than a hundred novels published. He lives in New York with his wife and four children.
Not posted yet, right?
Only good thing I hope to come out of Halo Online is 343 finally realizing what they should have realized years ago.

Let people pay for cosmetic micro transactions and use the money to release maps for free so DLC doesn't segment a community looking to build itself back up.

The only microtransaction Rockstar does is paying real money to get a bunch of GTA$. Yet by doing this (and maybe even tapping into the gajillions they made off the game) EVERY single DLC including the latest huge Heist dlc has been free.
You know that people pay for ammo as well?

Am I the only one who thinks Halo Online does not look good? Let us put the remake maps aside, the new creation does not seem fun at all. I am talking about that green gras one

didnt we ehhh destroy the ark to you know kill the flood and stuff
The activation of Installation 04 destroys the ring itself, but the Ark only gets devastated. If the rings had had such a destructive power, objects like Forerunner facility in Halo 2 would have been destroyed as well when the rings got activated the first time.

Tawpgun

didnt we ehhh destroy the ark to you know kill the flood and stuff

Just damaged breh.

I think all we did was light the Halo, which should starve/kill the flood on the Ark. But the Halo was unfinished so it probably collapsed/exploded/damaged the ark.

READ THE GRIMOIRE

Overdoziz

Banned
the flood has ships and shit
they were not all on the ring
i doubt they were all on high charity when it went kaboom
they didnt all starve in 2 years

I thought the implication was that because the ring was completed yet it malfunctioned and destroyed itself and everything nearby including the Ark, thereby killing the Flood.

dwells

Free map DLC on consoles just isn't going to happen. That era has come and gone.

While it would be good for the community, that's not the model anymore. It's all about maximum returns, and seasons passes and paid DLC are the way to do it - fans be damned. Hell, Microsoft even limits developers' ability to release free DLC, because they want a delicious cut of the profits.

I'm not trying to be cynical or "lol corporations are evil" or anything like that, it's just the way things work now.

BTB map rotation needs updating. Removing Ghost Town would be great.
Every playlist needs updating desperately. They really should allow community volunteers to do it.

Top Bottom