• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Asking a question is being a jerk?!

Disingenuous and deliberate shit stirring is being a jerk.

Dunno why you're being an ass, but if you insist in acting like a dick who can't take a harmless joke, at least take it to PM's.

Oh wow. The smell of shit brings out the flies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
HaloGAF drama got me like
4TPdC6Q.gif

y'all might want to take it to PMs though

If anybody has HUD ideas, I'm all ears.

Colors, minimal, overbearing, etc.

Oh, and pick out a crosshair design you guys like.

Shitty ideas/drawings are acceptable.

xalener

Neo Member
ey visceralBowl, if you ever need a modeler/ animator, I'd like to offer my hand. Summer break's in a few months and I'm about to have some time.

blamite

Wow the H3 audio mix really is terrible. By ears are actually hurting' a bit after a BTB game on Standoff.

And seriously though, where's that book? Not to be a jerk but I'm seriously wondering why I put $15 towards it in the first place?!

Karl2177

It's a shame that CEA didn't have a Blind skull. Malfunction only disables one piece of the HUD at a time, and I just want everything gone, lol.

It's a shame that CEA didn't have a Blind skull. Malfunction only disables one piece of the HUD at a time, and I just want everything gone, lol.
Halo 3 fans are the worst.

lol
<-- remembered this time so Henery doesn't rage
quit like he does if voting doesn't go his way

Salty Sundays&#8482; baby! Who's getting roasted tonight?!

We will probably get Halo Legends 2 to explain all the jazz that happened between Halo 4 and 5. It's really the obvious move at this point.
*arm chair ignorance / assumptions warning label*

I'm not sure how they feel about the project in retrospect, I think they weren't so happy with the numbers / reception as to do it again. It certainly seems like it was a good project to focus on in the early days of the studio, before they were working on games themselves. I think it would require a lot of their resources too.
I think they feel the novels + tv adverts (and this Serial take-off) is a better way to reach the audience they want to reach, less me and more 20 something american male.

-Ryn

Banned
*arm chair ignorance / assumptions warning label*

I'm not sure how they feel about the project in retrospect, I think they weren't so happy with the numbers / reception as to do it again. It certainly seems like it was a good project to focus on in the early days of the studio, before they were working on games themselves. I think it would require a lot of their resources too.
I think they feel the novels + tv adverts (and this Serial take-off) is a better way to reach the audience they want to reach, less me and more 20 something american male.
It certainly feels like that's the case. Which really sucks...

How well was Legends actually received? I didn't pay too much attention to the community when that was going down. I'd imagine if they were to do it there would probably a few less studios and some more inter connectivity between the episodes. Something like Prototype or the Package? Which one had the ODST's? The art style of the Cortana episodes was very nice imo.
Another Dragon Halo Z would be GOAT but that's too good to happen :(

Ramirez

What happens first,

-Ryn gets a One so he can actually understand how much the MCC sucks
-Halo 5 releases and saves Halo
-Halo community book releases
-Reclaimer Hub hits 50 subs

How well was Legends actually received?
Both critically and on a community level (via my eyes)? Middlingly. And largely fairly I'd say. The execution left a bit to be desired.
Not willing / able to (SAG / VAG issues?) get Downs and Taylor was a big mistake. Styles like those in the Duel were too weird for some people. The tone was occasionally inconsistent (the clone / Spartan focused episode).

I certainly really liked it, but I could appreciate the criticism too.
I'm really .. proud (?) / happy that they did it, but I understand it's not likely to happen again.

Ghazi

Both critically and on a community level (via my eyes)? Middlingly. And largely fairly I'd say. The execution left a bit to be desired.
Not willing / able to (SAG / VAG issues?) get Downs and Taylor was a big mistake. Styles like those in the Duel were too weird for some people. The tone was occasionally inconsistent (the clone / Spartan focused episode).

I certainly liked it, but I could appreciate the criticism too.
I'm really .. proud (?) / happy that they did it, but I understand it's not likely to happen again.

I enjoyed it. Nothing amazing, but definitely nice to see something different than usual and I liked the anime styled episodes. I agree in that we probably won't get another one.

Anyone remember I was supposed to make an infographic from a OT19's cross community survey? Well time I owned that laziness and just posted the survey results.

There were 759 responses from a variety of communities; HaloGAF, reddit, Waypoint, B.net, HBO, Beyond and a couple more. Have at it
and me, I deserve it
. I did sent it on to 343 staffers way back when though.

PDF download (21 pages of the data)

Here were the questions:

GENERAL & CAMPAIGN
1. First Halo played
2. Favourite Halo Campaign
3. Which campaign style
4. Firefight or SPOPS
5. Preferred control scheme
6. Region you play from
7. Rate CE missions
8. Rate Halo 2 missions
9. Rate Halo 3 missions
10. Rate Halo Wars missions
11. Rate Halo ODST missions
12. Rate Halo Reach missions
13. Rate Halo 4 missions
14. Rate Halo Spartan Assault operations

MULTIPLAYER
1. Favourite Halo multiplayer
2. How do you play
3. Social or competitive
4. In game rank Yes / No
5. Type of preferred matchmaking
6. Do you want spectator mode
7. Getting shot mechanics
8. Preferred multiplayer style
9. Which movement speed
10. Which bullet magnestism
11. Which strafe
12. Do you want player toggles for matchmaking
13. Rate Halo gametypes
14. Rate Halo CE maps
15. Rate Halo 2 maps
16. Rate Halo 3 maps
17. Rate Halo ODST maps
18. Rate Halo Reach maps
19. Rate Halo 4 maps
20. Rate Halo 4 Spartan Ops maps

Here's a few charts:

ihJXgGQ.jpg

vPDmdAD.jpg

ozrLSrX.jpg

LSS4xDM.jpg

5wk1gLx.jpg

AQjLIEg.jpg

wbys9jo.jpg

9UWFtjt.jpg

RlLNDdS.jpg

5MPTY0f.jpg

ssiVeXh.jpg

P1Bopii.jpg

AuNxFfy.jpg

6RrCuts.jpg

Akai__

Halo Online's UI looks pretty good.

Notice the "Switch Race" button, which I guess means that Elites will probably be playable.

Forge on these maps would be pretty nice, since a lot of the background stuff seems to be solid. There probably won't be Forge, though.

Modders have already found the Forge files and are trying to enable it. Might already be enabled.

Yep the charts are shit, the PDF is the way to go. Just for Tup...here's a screen grab of that page of data, for the lazy viewers. I'd really like to see a repeat of this survey now that MCC dropped and works (mostly).

WDC0YIX.gif

Ghazi

Let's hope they take out Spartan Charge from the final game, or you'll end up with groups like Biggy, Barrow, and Co. Spartan Charging a single person at the same time for the kill. I dislike the mechanic anyhow, a needless addition.

Ramirez

Let's hope they take out Spartan Charge from the final game, or you'll end up with groups like Biggy, Barrow, and Co. Spartan Charging a single person at the same time for the kill. I dislike the mechanic anyhow, a needless addition.

Ben, why do you hate fun?

blamite

Eh, I think I can count the number of times I saw the charge used on one hand (same goes for slide). Is it actually useful? Since it's not a one hit kill it didn't seem much more beneficial than a normal Melee.

Now if it was like Destiny's shoulder chathe, on the other hand...

-Ryn

Banned
What happens first,

Unfortunately Ryn won't experience suck ass MCC. He'll be playing an almost working version or an entirely fixed version by the time he gets it. Basically he'll be wondering what all the complaining was about.
giphy.gif

I feel defeated more than anything

I certainly really liked it, but I could appreciate the criticism too.
Yeaaaahhh

Feelings about the same here. It could've been a lot better but I certainly enjoyed it and outright loved parts of it. I hope if they made another it'll be more cohesive. Have a couple off the wall ones with the rest being centered around a common development.

Impressive but... a tad illegible

Madness

Not surprised at CE being most of the people first Halo game, and also the favorite campaign. Nor am I really surprised Halo 2 and Halo 3 ranked higher in multi-player. In hindsight people can criticize all they want, but Halo 2 and Halo 3 took multi-player to another level. Whether or not Halo 3 is slow, sucks competitively, anything, you can't deny it was the most popular by sheer number of players. It's a shame how poor it's been implemented in MCC. Muddled audio, launch maps and gametypes, missing from a lot of playlists etc.

Ghazi

Eh, I think I can count the number of times I saw the charge used on one hand (same goes for slide). Is it actually useful? Since it's not a one hit kill it didn't seem much more beneficial than a normal Melee.

Yeah, I'm saying it's worthless so it just shouldn't be in the game.
Ben, why do you hate fun?
Nah, I just hate redundancy.
That forum doesn't even have a shoutbox...
Where da yoga pants section be?

Madness

It's basically a ranged Melee attack. Depends on whether you think 'Melee-ing' from larger distances is a positive addition or not. The trade off though is, if you miss, you're left vulnerable, plus you need to build up the sprint to do it. It's a one hit kill from behind, and strips health and shields all the way down from the front. It's a bit wonky, because sometimes, you'd spartan charge instead of assassination or something coming out of sprint.

What happens first,

Dan Ayoub will tweet more pictures of him partying at an event For Halo Fans and talk about how he's All About Halo Fans and really Cares and Respects Halo Fans before any of that happens.

Karl2177

Anyone remember I was supposed to make an infographic from a OT19's cross community survey? Well time I owned that laziness and just posted the survey results.

There were 759 responses from a variety of communities; HaloGAF, reddit, Waypoint, B.net, HBO, Beyond and a couple more. Have at it
and me, I deserve it
. I did sent it on to 343 staffers way back when though.

PDF download (21 pages of the data)

"I'm gonna make an infographic"

*posts pictures of Excel graphs*

Speaking of other things that you were supposed to release, where are the PMs?

Top Bottom