• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Kibbles

Was there in-game footage?

I was expecting September :(

2nd beta?

I'm watching IHRMA, wasn't gonna sit through this other show for a bad tease like last time

Madness

Colter was lackluster again. I don't know he just doesn't have the presence of Keith David in his voice. Very robotic almost, as if he's just reading off the lines. Will at least give him Halo 5 to win me over on his voice acting.

Nowise10

I really like the trailer, but I feel Masterchief wouldn't just cower down, and tilt his head up like a civilian, when hes about to get executed.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Dan Ayoub will tweet more pictures of him partying at an event For Halo Fans and talk about how he's All About Halo Fans and really Cares and Respects Halo Fans before any of that happens.

Dan is a hard working and diligent and good guy. He didn't frequent forums or twitter because he was busy trying to fix (an awful, embarrassing) freak thing. He's not a sophisticated but ultimately talentless pied piper manipulator of youths and blazers like me, and any time you DON'T hear from him it's because he's trying to fix it.

CliQ

Its almost exactly 6 months out from launch. This is a normal release date announcement. Cool video though, looks like Locke is a bad guy.

Karl2177

JOzq1YN.png

Falls pretty close to my smaller sample size data as well. Don't suppose you would have access to the raw data?

Fuchsdh

Both critically and on a community level (via my eyes)? Middlingly. And largely fairly I'd say. The execution left a bit to be desired.
Not willing / able to (SAG / VAG issues?) get Downs and Taylor was a big mistake. Styles like those in the Duel were too weird for some people. The tone was occasionally inconsistent (the clone / Spartan focused episode).

I certainly really liked it, but I could appreciate the criticism too.
I'm really .. proud (?) / happy that they did it, but I understand it's not likely to happen again.

I think overall it got a fairly good reception, but it was definitely a more precisely targeted piece of work.

If I had to boil all my criticisms with Legends down to a key sentence, I'd say "It was just too Japanese for me." Introducing Spartans and then immediately killing them, the Gundam suit battles, the dramatic "it's a girl Spartan!" reveal, crazy hairdos... it felt like in some ways the studios didn't really get Halo.

Frankie had a large hand in writing the stories, so maybe I'm misplacing my disappointment, and it's his fault instead. But I think a lot of the issues came down to presentation. Overall I still enjoy elements of it, and I'm still really hoping the stuff we see in "Origins" actually turns out to be prescient of future events.

CliQ

I don't think Chief is being considered a traitor at all. I think there is some major corruption going on at the UNSC. I bet chief turns to Dr. Halsey and the covenant (Arbiter) for help which gives the appearance of a traitor.

Just by the commercial alone you can tell that Locke is a bad guy. The tone in his voice, why hes choosing to execute chief on his own instead of just bringing him in for trial. All too fishy.

Why would people be better off leaving a site they created so they could talk/interact in a way NeoGAF no longer allows, to join some random forum that is the "closest thing next to NeoGAF"?
Um ok I wasn't serious and you don't have any knowledge about how the forum site works in comparison to gaf. It comprises of former and current gaffers. No banning (as far as I know) and there's no approval to join.

Ok

Ampoc

Neo Member
So here is a quick analysis of what I'm thinking is going down in Halo 5.

Chief is responsible for the destruction of whichever world they're on (or multiple worlds) by doing something stupid
driven by the grief of the death of Cortana.

Since Chief did said thing, Locke is now on a mission to stop him, and says in the trailer that he should be remembered as the protector he once was and not the traitor he is now.

Pretty cool shit. Going to go full geek going through story possibilities from now until E3.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That trailer was really well done. I'm pumped for Halo 5 already.

Second multi-beta please! It totally, really, absolutely needs some further public testing. :p

Fuchsdh

Didn't see it posted in this thread.

--

In other news: Clone John went missing. He ain't dead. He's a fighter, too. And a damn lucky one at that.

Yeah it's interesting that the flash clone apparently didn't die off like a lot (or most) of the other ones. I think it's stated in TFOR that it's not *necessarily* a death sentence but every case we've seen the clones died (or I guess with Daisy were at least crippled.)

I don't read the books, but from a game stand point I see no justification for Chief becoming some reckless asshole just because he lost Cortana.

It feels more natural if Chief is being used as a scapegoat and Locke is sent to silence the truth. Locke is being lied to as well.

I'm confident enough to say with 100% certainty you're at least partially right on that score.

Top Bottom