• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

-Ryn

Banned
I wonder what this new countdown is for. Another journal entry? Or perhaps some footage...

It is a pain in the sense of what you code seems to make sense but it won't work and you want to eventually throw something out the window..... Then you find out it was a stupid mistake lol
lol flutter flutter

I'm not even sure where to start really. I've heard UE4 is one of the best around.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Haven't changed it from the original gaflo project yet. It's pretty slow and the animation adapts to speed changes. I'm planning to bump it up.

I did make the players taller, so that might be it.

So glad you are working on Gaflo again. It is looking amazing already. When you need testers, let me know.

A weapon that does all is the only true answer here, as in you can switch between firing modes, correct? When you can make a second weapon give it automatic fire and take it away from the first weapon. Third weapon would then be separating the BR and DMR/Pistol.

Reason I say this is judging from the "(for now)" you must want to include more than just one weapon at some point lol. Excited to try it out :]

Mr White

I have really low expectations for Halo 5. For many reasons. I mostly a single player type of gamer, and I love to death Bungie's Halo campaigns. Combination of sandbox gameplay, great AI, lore, colorful graphics and godlike soundtrack made Halo my most beloved FPS franchise. And it seems Halo 4 lost almost everything from that list. 343 made best looking Halo game, thats true, and soundtrack (even without iconic tunes) wasn't that bad.But gameplay... I just hope linear levels and boring new enemies AI is a result of weak 360 hardware, not because lack of talent in 343 studios. I also don't know if I like new enemies and all that Hero goes rogue attitude. And after Halo: Nightfall I don't really care about Locke.
I want to be positive about videogames, but after Halo 4, Spartan Assault, Nightfall, TMCC (even if I don't really care about multiplayer), and now Halo: Online I can't see myself hyped about next Halo Installment and will probably skip Halo 5 at launch.
Also is there a way to receive notifications if someone replied to my post?

Also is there a way to receive notifications if someone replied to my post?

Not that I know of, though there used to be. The best way I've found is to just search your name using the forum search function and sort by newest posts. If someone quoted you, then it should show up.

http://a.pomf.se/xorxnn.mp4

You can't see your feet but it works good enough for now.

Very impressive. Great work so far. The progress here is really fun to see. If you need a voice, give me a shout ;)

Akai__

My Countdown says 7 hours 20 minutes, is that right?

Same. 6:30 hours left.

---

New HaloFreeLoader release:

https://github.com/emoose/HaloFreeLoader/releases/tag/0.2

Loads the game and maps directly now. Also loads Reactor, which has an awesome skybox:

24tLv3e.png

39MB gif: http://a.pomf.se/dprpgx.gif

Hnnng.

-Ryn

Banned
Here's hoping they open up the game a lot more. Halo CE did a great job of making the world seem big and mysterious imo. Going around and exploring felt awesome. Halo 3's large scale battles were also a lot of fun. It's a shame global battles never made it in (holy shit please be in H5). Linear games aren't inherently bad of course and it's not like Halo doesn't ever have some to it, but I think the game shines much more when you have that variety of ways to approach a situation.

I'm hoping Chief's gameplay is more mysterious and epic while Locke's is more stealthy and grounded. Though some intermixing would be good.
Arbiter is the middle ground

Is there some way to install the terminal videos to my xbox one?

I'm playing through MCC and every time I unlock a terminal I can't watch it because something goes wrong with Halo Waypoint... it's really bloody annoying.

For that matter I'm not looking forward to having to stream the Spartan Ops videos either.
I've already downloaded/installed god only knows how many gigs for this game... what's a few more.

m23

Is there some way to install the terminal videos to my xbox one?

I'm playing through MCC and every time I unlock a terminal I can't watch it because something goes wrong with Halo Waypoint... it's really bloody annoying.

For that matter I'm not looking forward to having to stream the Spartan Ops videos either.
I've already downloaded/installed god only knows how many gigs for this game... what's a few more.

I think the only way to view terminals is through Halo Channel. Or youtube.

Glass

Talking of Halo 3's large scale battles, I had a great scarab fight last night and decided to try out Upload by making a montage of it, it was that much fun. It's what epitomizes Halo campaigns for me. It's large, messy and fun. So many moving pieces.
I really hope 5 has a current gen version equivalent.

Spotted this on Reddit, absolutely huge Hunter cosplay. Seen here next to a full scale 6" 10 Master Chief.
jo43Omh.jpg
si4J9dZ.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/HaloHunters

I've played local MCC co op with a bunch of friends without Xbones since its release and every time I try and show them a cool terminal, the Halo Channel app fails to load any video.

Karl2177

Goddamn, MCC has a lot of achievements. My achievements database had 424 entries, which wasn't even including all versions of Spartan Assault.

In addition to that, my maps database doesn't have H2A stuff, but that's like 9 maps(10 with Relic, but I need an official name on that one).

Akai__

ugh I miss maps with just a plain old blue sky...that looks so good :(

Sabre did a great job.

Goddamn, MCC has a lot of achievements. My achievements database had 424 entries, which wasn't even including all versions of Spartan Assault.

Wait until they drop the ODST achievements.

I'm glad I finally got all the under 3 hours and LASO achievements. Have only 9 MP achievements left, which really suck. The 1st ones were all possible in custom games, but the annoying ones aren't. I hate MP specific achievements.

Fuchsdh

Talking of Halo 3's large scale battles, I had a great scarab fight last night and decided to try out Upload by making a montage of it, it was that much fun. It's what epitomizes Halo campaigns for me. It's large, messy and fun. So many moving pieces.
I really hope 5 has a current gen version equivalent.

Spotted this on Reddit, absolutely huge Hunter cosplay. Seen here next to a full scale 6" 10 Master Chief.
jo43Omh.jpg
si4J9dZ.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/HaloHunters

I've played local MCC co op with a bunch of friends without Xbones since its release and every time I try and show them a cool terminal, the Halo Channel app fails to load any video.

Where the hell is he seeing through the chest? Also, I dunno if you're just being facetious, but I'm pretty sure that's the three-foot little kid who's got his MC costume. Although you're right, that he's nearly to scale in relation to the Hunter. It seems like they kind of got larger each game compared to the smaller CE versions.

Where the hell is he seeing through the chest? Also, I dunno if you're just being facetious, but I'm pretty sure that's the three-foot little kid who's got his MC costume. Although you're right, that he's nearly to scale in relation to the Hunter. It seems like they kind of got larger each game compared to the smaller CE versions.

I think his legs are elevated with stilts somehow and the person sees through the "neck". The base looks head like.

It's a badass costume for sure.

lol 15-14-0, that's why you don't vote for smg start on Zenith, the Banshee is going to destroy the other team. Why people vote for H2A in TS is beyond me though, it has it's own playlist.

A weapon that does all is the only true answer here, as in you can switch between firing modes, correct? When you can make a second weapon give it automatic fire and take it away from the first weapon. Third weapon would then be separating the BR and DMR/Pistol.

Reason I say this is judging from the "(for now)" you must want to include more than just one weapon at some point lol. Excited to try it out :]
Yes, switching firing modes. I think I'll end up going with this for now, the only issue is that you'll be able to scope all the time.

I'll see what I can do about maybe two weapons.

si4J9dZ.jpg

Yeah, that's a little kid tho

Would be awesome if Hunters were actually that size in scale to Master Chief, but alas, on Legendary, that might prove too much.

Steam works. Now onto networking.
16783233449_f7a192a3e3_o.jpg

I have work and stuff to do today that isn't this so expect progress to slow a little.

I will do controller support w/o aim assist for now. Current controls:

2pkTAox.png

Come on, play nice.

Just be more subtle about it, say...I dunno, put the pledge details from Kickstarter in your avatar.

And it's ONLY been 2 years since they promised delivery, just give them some breathing room.

I'd donate a nickel if I could read the updates to see what they actually say.

Top Bottom