• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

It's such a shame because halo 3 has some amazing maps, that core gunplay just turns me off so quickly -.- its like all the best parts of halo are scattered across the games. Just praying halo 5 does the best of all.
Totally. I was in MCC and playing halo 3 at this juncture just feels like ass to me, especially since the gameplay is so BR-centric.

The Halo sandbox has some amazing potential to do incredible things with BTB especially, so I'm very interested to see how that works out in Halo 5. I had a lot of fun with the beta.

MouldyK

If 343i came up to you right now and asked for your favorite Gametypes, what would you pick?

I'd pick:

1. Grifball
2. SWAT
3. Ricochet
4. Team Doubles
5. Rocket Race

What would everyone else's be if they were asked this question? I'll allow you to include Firefight, Invasion and Spartan Ops if you want to.

I'm actually really curious what everyone likes around here since you all seem serious.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Done with halo 3 on legendary. Cortana was way easier than I remember. Now I get to relax and enjoy Halo 4. Then I'm all done. And did it all Solo too.

belushy

Banned
If 343i came up to you right now and asked for your favorite Gametypes, what would you pick?

I'd pick:

1. Grifball
2. SWAT
3. Ricochet
4. Team Doubles
5. Rocket Race

What would everyone else's be if they were asked this question? I'll allow you to include Firefight, Invasion and Spartan Ops if you want to.

I'm actually really curious what everyone likes around here since you all seem serious.

Well I like the "core 4" personally. TS, Oddball, KOTH, CTF. But I also really like Stockpile from Reach and Extraction from H4.

Done with halo 3 on legendary. Cortana was way easier than I remember. Now I get to relax and enjoy Halo 4. Then I'm all done. And did it all Solo too.
That's excellent. I've never done a halo campaign on legendary. I think I may have done part of one on reach with a couple of people on legendary, but that's much easier.

daedalius

Only two lans?

edit:

Oh and here are the forge maps they are testing. Apparently also testing Ricochet. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-championship-series-season-2-forge-maps

They are actually seriously testing Diesel's Tesla map... lmao

edit 2: chespace also confirmed Halo 5 pre-release tournaments, too. Not really surprised, I believe the MCC ones were pretty successful.

YESSSSSS

I really want to see Ricochet in HCS!

Ricochet
Flag
Slayer
BTB
territories (3 plots really :( )

Dub117

I hated halo 3's br. it feels like someone tied an anchor to the end of it. the aiming code just felt wierd and the bullet travel on top of the wide & random spread just made the weapon a chore to use. i would take post patch reach dmr over halo 3 br online any day.
Yes. I can't ever put how I feel about the H3 br, but this is it.

Oh and for above
1.Team Slayer
2.Team Doubles
3.Capture the Flag
4.Oddball
5.Invasion/Headhunter if that's not available

Definite honorable mention: KOTH

And Juggernaut. I'm so indecisive.

I'd pick:

1. Grifball
2. SWAT
3. Ricochet
4. Team Doubles
5. Rocket Race

Heh.
Sneaky sneaky.

Were I given some sort of random poll in which I was tasked to choose from a list my top 5, I'd have to say:

1. Big Team
2. CTF
3. Team Slayer
4. Infection
5. Headhunter

I had totally forgotten about Headhunter but I remember having such a good time with it. I miss it. Also, it hurts me that I dont have room to put KOTH and Oddball in there.

Computron

They also found 25 or so different armor sets in the game files. Most of them are gross to take one look at. I'm not sure if they have been able to save forge files yet though. I'm curious if they will be able to adjust the forge mode item limit on the map since a computer can do much more processing than the 360 originally could (or at least the PC can do better whatever the limit of the 360 was).
yes this armor is really in the game somewhere

who found? again, can we post where this is from?

It is how they calibrated the aim assist & bullet magnetism. CE back on the original xbox had very little of both and it was also hitscan. Halo 5 did have alot less compared to 4 and i hope its even lower by launch.
CE was projectile-based, not hitscan, but I agree with Halo 5 and hoping it's lowered after the beta. Less than H4, but could be lowered some more since hitscan + dedis for everything.

wwm0nkey

Been up all day learning more UE4, made some good progress for the Online of GAFlo!

http://a.pomf.se/abpjcs.webm

need to fix clients stuff not having authority to spawn projectiles on the server which it needs to do damage but it should be an easy fix!

(The map is not mine, only being used for testing)

CE was projectile-based, not hitscan, but I agree with Halo 5 and hoping it's lowered after the beta. Less than H4, but could be lowered some more since hitscan + dedis for everything.

Really? Idk why it always seemed like hitscan. i played the campaign 3909409 times and never felt anything like halo 3's bullet travel.

daedalius

The pistol projectile in ce must move blindingly fast compared to the garbage h3 br then.

You can easily cross map people with the pistol.

The pistol projectile in ce must move blindingly fast compared to the garbage h3 br then.

I agree. There seems to be a difference for sure.

I wonder if it's net code related? The Halo 3 BR playing as host felt pretty damn good from what I recall.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.

I'd pick:

1. Grifball
2. SWAT
3. Ricochet
4. Team Doubles
5. Rocket Race

1. BTB
2. BTB
3. BTB
4. Team Slayer
5. SWAT

There goes Stinkles/Frank, getting himself banned again.

What happened?

Really? Idk why it always seemed like hitscan. i played the campaign 3909409 times and never felt anything like halo 3's bullet travel.

The big Magnum hit like a truck and and as fast as light.

I wish I played more Headhunter it was a cool gametype in Reach and getting
Skullamanjaro
(best skull) was the best feeling got it multiple times but didn't play that many games.

Nowise10

HeadHunter
Team Slayer
Ricochet
Invasion on the default maps for Reach (Spire, Boneyard, Breakpoint)
Rumble Pit (6 players)

Headhunter in Reach was most fun ever. Every match was intense. The sad thing was, it was once like every 4 months you'd actually end up getting a match of it in Matchmaking. Shame.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
CTF
BTB Assault / CTF (for some reason I like Assault more)
Doubles
Team Slayer
Elite Slayer (yes, I actually enjoyed it)

Nowise10

Headhunter...most fun ever? Pass the drugs please.

Bro you gotta see my clips of Headhunter on Reach. Seeing a huge pile of flaming skulls on the ground and picking them all up, while being scared shitless as you know everyone in the game is out to get you now, is probably the best feeling in Halo

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The best unofficial gametype: 4v1 Team Slayer against a really bad team after all my teammates quit out. The origin of all my favorite rage messages.

Bro you gotta see my clips of Headhunter on Reach. Seeing a huge pile of flaming skulls on the ground and picking them all up, while being scared shitless as you know everyone in the game is out to get you now, is probably the best feeling in Halo

Yes! Setting it up in customs was fun. That, and Hogtato..."It's gonna blow!"

I'd pick:

1. Grifball
2. SWAT
3. Ricochet
4. Team Doubles
5. Rocket Race

1 BTB slayer
2 BTB CTF
3 Team oddball (been enjoying that playlist actually)
4 H3 and Reach Grifball
5 Action sack
6 infection (not H4)
7 firefight

Ok, so its seven. Gimme what I want. I have more pairs of shoes then that.

Nowise10

People with [*insert X here*I QUIT] can tags in MCC are the worst types of people. Playing Team doubles and my teammate had [no mic I QUIT], and low and behold he quit out within 5 seconds of the match starting. I've seen a lot of people with similar things, and its just so annoying.

Still won tho.

willow ve

People with [*insert X here*I QUIT] can tags in MCC are the worst types of people. Playing Team doubles and my teammate had [no mic I QUIT], and low and behold he quit out within 5 seconds of the match starting. I've seen a lot of people with similar things, and its just so annoying.

Still won tho.

They have yet to devise an incentive to keep people from quitting. I wonder if it's even possible.

Let people quit, but force them to spectate the rest of the match they left.

5 minute bans are nothing. That's laughable. People will eventually start to care, if the rules are stricter.

It's a fine line to walk for devs, because on one hand if you don't penalize quitters, you'll piss off people who don't quit and they'll eventually stop playing. If you penalize too harshly, you'll lose the quitters as players. Devs don't want to lose anyone. So it's a balance of enough penalty but not too much penalty.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yes. I can't ever put how I feel about the H3 br, but this is it.

Oh and for above
1.Team Slayer
2.Team Doubles
3.Capture the Flag
4.Oddball
5.Invasion/Headhunter if that's not available

Definite honorable mention: KOTH

And Juggernaut. I'm so indecisive.

i see what you did there.

also, and totally unrelated, there is a new halo community survey out. check your emails

5 minute bans are nothing. That's laughable. People will eventually start to care, if the rules are stricter.

And more people will abandon the game if they get punished for quitting because of bad team mates or etc.

I seriously cant stand when two or 3 people in my team cant get a kill after 5 minutes. Thats a reason for me to quit. Its a waste of time and not fun for me.

Welfare

And more people will abandon the game if they get punished for quitting because of bad team mates or etc.

I seriously cant stand when two or 3 people in my team cant get a kill after 5 minutes. Thats a reason for me to quit. Its a waste of time and not fun for me.

Ranks solve this.

I have no problem with quitting when I'm playing on an absolutely terrible team. I'd much rather quit the game and try again then sit there and get needlessly angry over a video game.

Ranks solve this.

Ranks help A LOT. IMO, every play list should be ranked. Or maybe just one or two play lists that are not ranked for people who don't like ranks. But for swat, slayer, btb, ctf, etc... Give us ranks for all of it.

If quitting is punished too hard then more people will just go afk. The number of afk players in Halo games in general is frustrating (in MCC there seems to be afk players is nearly every match, even in H5G beta there were a lot of them)

Too bad Halo 5 ranking is even punishing you for finishing the game with bad teammates...

If quitting is punished too hard then more people will just go afk. The number of afk players in Halo games in general is frustrating (in MCC there seems to be afk players is nearly every match, even in H5G beta there were a lot of them)

Too bad Halo 5 ranking is even punishing you for finishing the game with bad teammates...

The afk thing isn't unique to Halo though. It happens in every multi-player game. Destiny is a ragingly frustrating example. It'll eventually time people out, but it still takes too long to do so.

Karl2177

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If you ask so:

1. Invasion.
2. BTB
3. Firefight
4. Team Slayer
5. Team SWAT

Invasion 2.0, even with Spartans vs Spartans, would be so great. Best gamemode across all Halo games to me (starting with cqc areas and normal weapons, then going towards big areas with vehicles and powerweapon, combined with the objectives and bro-system was awesome)

Top Bottom