• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

I have a feeling that Dr. Halsey might die in Halo 5.
There's no further reason for her purpose other than to help the Chief and locating the Absolute record.
After that she sorta served her purpose. Imo.

I think this is sort of looking at it backwards. Killing a character like Halsey isn't something you do just because her original story has run its course, she's too central to things for that. You have to be looking to achieve a specific effect.

If they up the range on the pistol I would be totally fine with AR/Pistol starts.

Also, Breakout or whatever it's called needs to be only pistols or at the very least not have a BR on the maps.

I might actually like Breakout if it were pistols only and without grenades.

I think this is sort of looking at it backwards. Killing a character like Halsey isn't something you do just because her original story has run its course, she's too central to things for that. You have to be looking to achieve a specific effect.

Halsey is more resourceful than both Chief and Cortana. She's probably a bigger loose end than Chief honestly. I don't think she'll be killed. Only thing I can think of is her sacrificing herself to rebuild a new Cortana for Chief or something.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
If they up the range on the pistol I would be totally fine with AR/Pistol starts.

Also, Breakout or whatever it's called needs to be only pistols or at the very least not have a BR on the maps.

i liked breakout, but it seems more like a fun alternative mode rather than the ultra competitive thing 343 is pushing.

i'd like to try it with pistols and shotguns only. depending on how the shotgun is tuned, it could be fun to boost around in shotgun battles and trying to get the drop and in close on players.

who am i kidding, with no objective (or even with!) it would just be filled with shotgun campers :(

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Any news on Elites being playable in Halo 5?

I'm waiting for Invasion 2.0 announcement in the summer BTB Beta trailer.

please happen

Hopefully they aren't.

Options are a good thing.

Why should they?

The H5 MP beta had no indication for other playable characters. And i dont see a reason for playable elites. I never got the point for them.

Ever heard of invasion?

H5's recent beta was for "arena mp". It isnt so crazy to think btb is going to be very different from the competitive focused arena variants. Elites could easily be a part of that equation even if it is only for invasion.

wwm0nkey

Working on some GAFlo!

f2f164162805802c4ba98de6987192c8.png

Ammo / spare ammo updates as its used and health works. Problem right now is that projectile doesn't want to hurt anyone :c

Also if this version goes through the weapons will have to be remade :(

belushy

Banned

Only two lans?

edit:

Oh and here are the forge maps they are testing. Apparently also testing Ricochet. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-championship-series-season-2-forge-maps

They are actually seriously testing Diesel's Tesla map... lmao

edit 2: chespace also confirmed Halo 5 pre-release tournaments, too. Not really surprised, I believe the MCC ones were pretty successful.

-Ryn

Banned
Invasion would be too fun to pass up if they want to get the series back on its feet again. I wonder if Elites would use a thruster pack or just evade?
Unless Elites were limited to Invasion and other potential SvsE gametypes it'd probably be a thruster pack since it operates differently to Evade.

Fuck yeah I hope they add Ricochet. Matches can get really intense. Also fun to watch because of constant movement, unlike TS.

hope they make custom Ricochet maps that are arena based like breakout maps.

big rectangle or circle with a goal on each side and a bunch of cover/obstacles in the middle...and a lock on mechanism for passing the darn ball.

Big Dog

They also found 25 or so different armor sets in the game files. Most of them are gross to take one look at. I'm not sure if they have been able to save forge files yet though. I'm curious if they will be able to adjust the forge mode item limit on the map since a computer can do much more processing than the 360 originally could (or at least the PC can do better whatever the limit of the 360 was).
yes this armor is really in the game somewhere

They also found 25 or so different armor sets in the game files. Most of them are gross to take one look at. I'm not sure if they have been able to save forge files yet though. I'm curious if they will be able to adjust the forge mode item limit on the map since a computer can do much more processing than the 360 originally could (or at least the PC can do better whatever the limit of the 360 was).
yes this armor is really in the game somewhere

That's... pretty clearly unfinished, dude :p

Madness

Chief's original design was supposed to be a "jetfighter/tank," so there's definitely precedent :p

Wasn't only 343 saying that in regards to the change around Halo 4 time. That they wanted him to be a fighter jet/tank etc. Bungie clearly envisioned them as supersoldiers more akin to Captain America wearing a futuristic suit of armor.

Wasn't only 343 saying that in regards to the change around Halo 4 time. That they wanted him to be a fighter jet/tank etc. Bungie clearly envisioned them as supersoldiers more akin to Captain America wearing a futuristic suit of armor.

Considering that the first line of implied backstory we get implies he's a cyborg/android... I kind of doubt it?

HTupolev

The Halo 1 design strongly evokes a sort of jet fighter tank hybrid, perhaps even moreso than Halo 4's. Halo's 2 and 3 try to make him look more "human."

At some level I think the Halo 4 design was intended to evoke the Halo 1 design's aims in a more realistic and gritty environment; I don't think the Mk V ever ported well to other art styles.

Invasion would be too fun to pass up if they want to get the series back on its feet again. I wonder if Elites would use a thruster pack or just evade?

I think the elites could have some kind of "agile" movement. like suddenly jump left or right with very swift quick & preciseness. They certainly have the muscles for it. Or better yet just give them something totally different for that action button. make them unique to play as and not just the alien spartans in terms of controls(´・ω・`)

Mistel

Banned
I think the elites could have some kind of "agile" movement. like suddenly jump left or right with very swift quick & preciseness. They certainly have the muscles for it. Or better yet just give them something totally different for that action button. make them unique to play as and not just the alien spartans in terms of controls(´・ω・`)
So evade mixed with something that makes them more agile and un spartan like then? I can't think of what you'd add to evade to accomplish that, maybe higher jump high or something of that nature but that sounds map breaking.

Madness

Considering that the first line of implied backstory we get implies he's a cyborg/android... I kind of doubt it?

They just said he was a cyborg supersoldier. Nothing implied they wanted walking tanks in a sense, and I think the manual even said he was the last Spartan-II altogether. A cyborg is usually defined as someone who uses cybernetic/robotic implants, to be something greater than human, whereas an Android is a robot who is supposed to appear human or human-like no?

The Halo 1 design strongly evokes a sort of jet fighter tank hybrid, perhaps even moreso than Halo 4's. Halo's 2 and 3 try to make him look more "human."

At some level I think the Halo 4 design was intended to evoke the Halo 1 design's aims in a more realistic and gritty environment; I don't think the Mk V ever ported well to other art styles.

Yeah you're right, post-CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 is where they really developed that whole supersoldier story, and streamlined the look of Chief to be more thin and agile as opposed to blocky and tough. I also think of the Spartan designs in Halo:Wars and how they went with the story to streamline their look from bulky and clunky to form-fitting in a sense.

So evade mixed with something that makes them more agile and un spartan like then? I can't think of what you'd add to evade to accomplish that, maybe higher jump high or something of that nature but that sounds map breaking.

Doesn't have to be evade at all. Any kind of action that could be offensive or defensive. Same goes for things like spartan slam to be a different thing for elites since they don't have thrusters. The shoulder charge would be fine to stay since elites would do something like that. just needs to look different.

If invasion is back i dont want to play as spartans re skinned as aliens. I want the experience to be different playing a spartan or an elite.

And the insane level of bullet magnetism & aim assist. That way high level rifle fights can be decided by something other than who gets the first shot.
I think the hitscan BR is a large part of it. Halo 5 didn't seem to have as much aim assist and I enjoyed the gunplay in it throughly.

I think the hitscan BR is a large part of it. Halo 5 didn't seem to have as much aim assist and I enjoyed the gunplay in it throughly.

It is how they calibrated the aim assist & bullet magnetism. CE back on the original xbox had very little of both and it was also hitscan. Halo 5 did have alot less compared to 4 and i hope its even lower by launch.

It is how they calibrated the aim assist & bullet magnetism. CE back on the original xbox had very little of both and it was also hitscan. Halo 5 did have alot less compared to 4 and i hope its even lower by launch.
I like it because it's hitscan. I also enjoy Halo CE. I was referring more to it being compared to the way the BR functioned in Halo 3.

I like it because it's hitscan. I also enjoy Halo CE. I was referring more to it being compared to the way the BR functioned in Halo 3.

I hated halo 3's br. it feels like someone tied an anchor to the end of it. the aiming code just felt wierd and the bullet travel on top of the wide & random spread just made the weapon a chore to use. i would take post patch reach dmr over halo 3 br online any day.

I hated halo 3's br. it feels like someone tied an anchor to the end of it. the aiming code just felt wierd and the bullet travel on top of the wide & random spread just made the weapon a chore to use. i would take post patch reach dmr over halo 3 br online any day.
I agree. And it felt wildly inconsistent. Not to mention using it at range on larger BTB maps felt like hot garbage.

I agree. And it felt wildly inconsistent. Not to mention using it at range on larger BTB maps felt like hot garbage.

It's such a shame because halo 3 has some amazing maps, that core gunplay just turns me off so quickly -.- its like all the best parts of halo are scattered across the games. Just praying halo 5 does the best of all.

Top Bottom