• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
On another note, I'm in desperate need of some halo teammates. I played with a number of Gaffers during the Halo 5 beta, which was a blast. I'm a bit bereft of teammates at the moment however.

Any interested parties?
I'm always down. Despite my friends list consisting of nothing but HaloGAF members, I rarely play with anyone here. I'd love to party up more often. My GT = kittens dx.

Guys!

I finally got a Bone!!
Downloading updates for MCC right now :D
Hmm, I'm oddly aroused. Want to play when it's done?

Welcome to the all-in-one entertainment system! Your home for Halo!

On another note, I'm in desperate need of some halo teammates. I played with a number of Gaffers during the Halo 5 beta, which was a blast. I'm a bit bereft of teammates at the moment however.

Any interested parties?
FUNKNOWN iXi

EDIT: You might not see this thanks to Star lol

Welp nvm, you did see it ;b I'll be on soon.

I'm always down. Despite my friends list consisting of nothing but HaloGAF members, I rarely play with anyone here. I'd love to party up more often. My GT = kittens dx.
I'll add you. I'm down for pretty much whatever in terms of games/modes! Gotta shake the rust off though. Haven't played much Halo in a while.

ShadowsFell is my GT, so you'll know im from Gaf.

Just saw your post, so I'll add you as well Funknown.

Edit: kittens you're actually already on my friends list. I think we had a 3 hour long Destiny PvP session ages ago.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: kittens you're actually already on my friends list. I think we had a 3 hour long Destiny PvP session ages ago.
Haha, cool, I don't remember. I'm really looking forward to Halo 5 coming out just cause it'll be easier to party up. With MCC you never know which games people will want to play, and with Destiny you never know if people will want to do Strikes, Crucible, VOG, etc. It makes things more awkward and cumbersome. Reach was nice cause you could quickly cruise down the active roster and invite people to the party, knowing that pretty much everyone was online to play PvP. I want that simplicity and ease again.

Haha, cool, I don't remember. I'm really looking forward to Halo 5 coming out just cause it'll be easier to party up. With MCC you never know which games people will want to play, and with Destiny you never know if people will want to do Strikes, Crucible, VOG, etc. It makes things more awkward and cumbersome. Reach was nice cause you could quickly cruise down the active roster and invite people to the party, knowing that pretty much everyone was online to play PvP. I want that simplicity and ease again.
I agree. That streamlined approach will be much nicer.

And if memory serves me correctly we won every game we played, so we done good. ;) :)

Impala26

LOL, ever do that Nightfall?

Guys!

I finally got a Bone!!
Downloading updates for MCC right now :D

FIIIIIIINE
Your GT is still Ninjarage93, yes?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Fuck Halo

iVo4Uo7wkcZhg.gif

I always enjoyed it when personal ordnance was turned off. I haven't played it on MCC yet, tho.
That goes for Halo 4 in a nutshell for me, largely, in terms of personal ordnance. As well as armor abilities and perks. Sometimes I really enjoy Exile. Sometimes it feels very awkward and cluttered to me.

-Ryn

Banned
Thanks a lot guys

I've really been having a blast jumping between multiplayer and campaign.

The games look so gorgeous. A lot of little details are there that you wouldn't have noticed before. H3 in particular looks so much better now with the boost. There's a lot I hadn't really noticed before like the details in the character models or the engraving on the multiplayer Spartan's left buttcheek. It's amazing what 1080p can do for a game. Halo 4 even looks so good I enjoyed their redesigns for the covenant. Just needed a little HD polish to show me how truly great they are. The remaster looks really good for Halo 2 as well. Much graphics. Such art. WOW.

The gameplay is as good as ever. I'm not sure what all the bitching was about before. I've been running through everything zero issues. It's like a dream port really. Though CE has probably aged the worst out of everything. It's kind of a chore between the dated IQ, horrible spawns, and frankly limited sandbox. The pistol just doesn't feel as good as I remembered it once I got into the multiplayer. Comparing it side by side with the other Halo's, I'm glad Bungie chose the direction they did. I've gotta say the playlist management leaves much to be desired. Not really sure why there's 5 different Grifball playlists. The H2A multiplayer must've gotten the hammer in one of the updates. Thanks Hamish!

The UI is superb. I've been navigating through it with little issue. Occasionally I've gotten dropped into a playlist or campaign level out of nowhere but I'm sure that was a deliberate design decision. Adds some variety and surprise to the experience of deciding what to do at least. If anything I'd be disappointed if this was patched. Such a dynamic element.

While I've only managed to play a couple levels from each game, the story bits from the Anniversary games really do shine. 343 did a fantastic job adding those. H2A in particular manages to make what would normally be a god awful design choice of putting the terminals in an entirely different app to be viewed, somehow enhancing to the experience. I'm pretty impressed all around really. Let's hope H5 continues this trend and just gets rid of the in game aspect all together.

Seriously this is just a dream come true for Halo fans. I can't wait to play with all of you guys and dong on all them babbies.

10/10
GOAT
#Weback
#BUTTS

TL;DR
April Fools

Hopefully that MCC bundle lasts for a bit longer

I'm so sorry

Madness

Thanks a lot guys

The games look so gorgeous. A lot of little details are there that you wouldn't have noticed before. H3 in particular looks so much better now with the boost. There's a lot I hadn't really noticed before like the details in the character models or the engraving on the multiplayer Spartan's left buttcheek. It's amazing what 1080p can do for a game. Halo 4 even looks so good I enjoyed their redesigns for the covenant. Just needed a little HD polish to show me how truly great they are. The remaster looks really good for Halo 2 as well. Much graphics. Such art. WOW.

The gameplay is as good as ever. I'm not sure what all the bitching was about before. I've been running through everything zero issues. It's like a dream port really. Though CE has probably aged the worst out of everything. It's kind of a chore between the dated IQ, horrible spawns, and frankly limited sandbox. The pistol just doesn't feel as good as I remembered it once I got into the multiplayer. Comparing it side by side with the other Halo's, I'm glad Bungie chose the direction they did. I've gotta say the playlist management leaves much to be desired. Not really sure why there's 5 different Grifball playlists. The H2A multiplayer must've gotten the hammer in one of the updates. Thanks Hamish!

The UI is superb. I've been navigating through it with little issue. Occasionally I've gotten dropped into a playlist or campaign level out of nowhere but I'm sure that was a deliberate design decision. Adds some variety and surprise to the experience of deciding what to do at least. If anything I'd be disappointed if this was patched. Such a dynamic element.

While I've only managed to play a couple levels from each game, the story bits from the Anniversary games really do shine. 343 did a fantastic job adding those. H2A in particular manages to make what would normally be a god awful design choice of putting the terminals in an entirely different app to be viewed, somehow enhancing to the experience. I'm pretty impressed all around really. Let's hope H5 continues this trend and just gets rid of the in game aspect all together.

Seriously this is just a dream come true for Halo fans. I can't wait to play with all of you guys and dong on all them babbies.

10/10
GOAT
#Weback
#BUTTS

TL;DR
April Fools

I'm so sorry

This community has officially jumped the shark, nuked the fridge, QTE'd the pulse grenade into Didact etc.

Thanks a lot guys

10/10
GOAT
#Weback
#BUTTS

TL;DR
April Fools

I'm so sorry

Wait April fools? APRIL FOOLS?!

YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Thanks a lot guys

10/10
GOAT
#Weback
#BUTTS

TL;DR
April Fools

I'm so sorry

Yoooooooooooooooooooou sunuvabitch!

Couldn't this just be from your connection being laggy? I don't think dedicated servers mean you'd see no lag ever again. I know even in Battlefield when my connection is laggy, it looks basically like what the video shows. Kinda.

First 5 games before it were just fine, (though they had a lot of quitters lol) and a quick game of Titanfall on PC afterwards was good too.

And yes, dedicated servers don't prevent lag, but why are these ones so inconsistent?

-Ryn

Banned
This community has officially jumped the shark, nuked the fridge, QTE'd the pulse grenade into Didact etc.
Wait April fools? APRIL FOOLS?!

YOU FUCKING IDIOT
Yoooooooooooooooooooou sunuvabitch!
Good job Ryn, way to further cement the fact that you are a baboon.
Thanks for the blue balls.
I think you mean red butts.

'Cause, you know. Baboons.
RYN...

*insert Liam_Neeson_Taken.jpg*
QFjT1Tw.png

<3

Obscured

Favorite map and why?

Just pick one. Use your heart not your head.

Sandtrap, for some reason I seemed to always have the most fun on that map. I think the chopper had a lot to do with it. Desert landscape was a nice touch. I'd like to see a new version with a catacomb area that connected the different top sections.

A thought, just sayin', reasons...

Remember-they don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. how about a weekly post from a different 343 member detailing what they love and remember about their favorite Halo game? Just one game, CE-3. Leave out H4.

Oh, the sayin is Ryn ;)~

Favorite map and why?

Sandtrap, for some reason I seemed to always have the most fun on that map. I think the chopper had a lot to do with it. Desert landscape was a nice touch. I'd like to see a new version with a catacomb area that connected the different top sections.
That's really tough I think. I'd have to go with maybe Standoff. I've probably had a great time playing on that map more consistently than any other Halo map. Sandtrap is phenomenal, as is Valhalla, especially for Multi-flag CTF on those maps.

Thanks a lot guys

10/10
GOAT
#Weback
#BUTTS

TL;DR
April Fools

I'm so sorry
Enjoyably self aware (I thought you were being serious and my eyes almost rolled out of their sockets at the Halo Channel terminals comment), well done.

Rightful Chaos

Neo Member
Favorite map and why?

tough one really. But I have to go with Sandtrap. Big team heavies and CTF.... oh god the beauty of the explosions. It was such a perfect big team map

Computer

Get put into a game with 1's and 2's on my team against 48' and 50's. The game starts 4v5 and lags to shit until my team quits out. I wonder why no one plays Halo anymore. This game has been out since November for fuck sake. Oh and team doubles with SMG starts. This game should be free.

Blueblur1

I went to the Waypoint site and was reminded how confusing it is. Am I the only one that thinks its ridiculously organized? The front page is a big ad. And you have to dig into Community to find news stories. I don't understand that.

Ampoc

Neo Member
I went to the Waypoint site and was reminded how confusing it is. Am I the only one that thinks its ridiculously organized? The front page is a big ad. And you have to dig into Community to find news stories. I don't understand that.

I think it's fine. Not perfect, but certainly much better than the previous site.

It's alright, however I much prefer Bungie.net.

Nowise10

I always have trouble finding new news on the site. Say I want to go check out a Bulletin, I always stumble around for like 30 seconds until I find it. It should be one of the first things you see on the site.

Bungie.net has always been godly.

Obscured

That's really tough I think. I'd have to go with maybe Standoff. I've probably had a great time playing on that map more consistently than any other Halo map. Sandtrap is phenomenal, as is Valhalla, especially for Multi-flag CTF on those maps.

Yeah, Standoff is a good one, although more prone to crazy one-sided massacres. That one and Avalanche are high on the list for me as the same reason as Sandtrap, but always felt I could move around more on Sandtrap.

HTupolev

Yeah, it's bad. Boxes. Messy, inconsistent presentation of items. Tiered menu system with awkward level layout and strange hierarchy. Crappy forum page system.

TheXbox

Thanks a lot guys

10/10
GOAT
#Weback
#BUTTS

TL;DR
April Fools

I'm so sorry
I award this post a 9.8 out of 10.

Top Bottom