• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Yeah, actually you're right. I'm noticing the ammos more now, and am making things a bit better. Still, its quite hard sometimes to kill some enemies... Sometimes I just shoot the hell out of some enemies and they keep running and don't die for nothing... it happened specially with some Elites and those aerial things that keeps protecting the Prometheans. I realized also that I have to face enemies at a more close range most of the times, or I'll waste all my ammo. I mean, once I was shooting one of these aerial enemies with a Light Rifle, but I was far from it, still, I shot and it ran away, came back, I shot, ran away, came back, I shot, ran away... I realized it was taking too long to that thing to die so I ignored, got down to the battlefield, killed the dog-like enemies and then shot the hell out of that thing but at a close range so it finally died. I'm not sure if the shot wasn't actually hitting it, or if it was just recharging some kind of shield (but I don't know cause I have not seen that shield layer on its body).

I'm making it better, my experience is getting more enjoyable (specially with that amazing art style), but I still think the way that Halo 1 to 3 dealt with ammo was better. I hope in Halo 5 they adjust at least a middle ground between Halo 3 and 4 in that regard.

Halo 4's level design kinda forces you to engage more, as opposed to pot shots from afar. There are long range options for sure, but honestly, the Suppressor tears through everything in close range. It's kinda OP. For the crawlers, use a pistol or bolt shot- you'll waste AR ammo otherwise. Knights' shields are best taken down with the Suppressor, then finished quickly with any rifle or just finish with the Suppressor.

The Promethean grenades seem super useless at first, but if you can get the placement down, you'll find that they are very deadly.

Overall, there's a bit of a learning curve, as Halo 4 is not very similar to the previous titles, as far as weapon use and placement and engagement is concerned. Once you get the hang of it, you'll find yourself mastering the levels, especially on higher difficulties.

Not carrying a plasma pistol in campaign
Gwtvj03.png

I hardly ever use a plasma pistol in any Halo campaign. Shots fired vs landed vs ammo spent isn't worth it imo. ☺

It's missing the places/score stuff and I didn't record the walking animations beforehand. It's alright. Basically like KZ or Blacklight's end match screen.

I don't think many hated it. I personally thought it was just cheesy.

didn't mind it that much, thought it fit with the general spartan IV attitude.

everyone forgets that S4's aren't trained from childhood with obedience in mind, they're beefed up Marines/ODSTs. And we've all seen how marines act in game (pre-halo reach)

I played the Master Chief Collection on November 11th and I still think the December 19th cutoff for a free download of ODST is ridiculous. In BTB, games fail to load almost every other game, when Halo CE loads up sometimes the players get split and you only have your own team. There are still a ton of stability issues, playlists still aren't ranked and matchmaking still has a handful of problems. I think a cutoff at the March update would have been understandable, with matchmaking times normalizing. December 19th though? Completely arbitrary.

I played the Master Chief Collection on November 11th and I still think the December 19th cutoff for a free download of ODST is ridiculous. In BTB, games fail to load almost every other game, when Halo CE loads up sometimes the players get split and you only have your own team, there are still a ton of stability issues, playlists still aren't ranked and matchmaking still has a handful of problems. I think a cutoff at the March update would have been understandable, with matchmaking times normalizing. December 19th though? Completely arbitrary.

So they don't have to give free ODST and Relic to all the people that got the game for xmas/holiday whatevers. Only the suckers that bought the game at launch like me.

Madness

Slayer is boring to watch? Remove it altogether? I see Jem didn't waste any time since coming back. Choo Choo. Yeah some maps at high level play aren't the most exciting, but Slayer is perhaps the most basic and accurate representation of skill in Halo. No other objectives besides control the map, control the power weapons, outshoot your opponents etc.

jem0208

Slayer is boring to watch? Remove it altogether? I see Jem didn't waste any time since coming back. Choo Choo. Yeah some maps at high level play aren't the most exciting, but Slayer is perhaps the most basic and accurate representation of skill in Halo. No other objectives besides control the map, control the power weapons, outshoot your opponents etc.

I'm not saying it isn't skillful. It's just boring. Lots of camping, lots of peeking round corners and pot shots in the hope of getting a kill. A team in the lead has no real incentive to push once they have a good setup. All they need to do is trade kills until the timer runs out.

The only time a slayer game is exciting is if it's a close finish at the very end. The rest of the match is just boring.

Computer

It will be interesting to see how close to Halo 5 Blops 3 will launch. I hate that Halo's population is completely destroyed by a yearly rehash of a dumb down shooter.

Welfare

Hmm that's new. It was public.

It was set to private because Microsoft are taking down Halo Online video's. GameCheat didn't want his third strike, so he set it to private.

It will be interesting to see how close to Halo 5 Blops 3 will launch. I hate that Halo's population is completely destroyed by a yearly rehash of a dumb down shooter.

At least one week. At most 2 weeks.

Wait did you change your name?

Kssio_Aug

Halo 4's level design kinda forces you to engage more, as opposed to pot shots from afar. There are long range options for sure, but honestly, the Suppressor tears through everything in close range. It's kinda OP. For the crawlers, use a pistol or bolt shot- you'll waste AR ammo otherwise. Knights' shields are best taken down with the Suppressor, then finished quickly with any rifle or just finish with the Suppressor.

The Promethean grenades seem super useless at first, but if you can get the placement down, you'll find that they are very deadly.

Overall, there's a bit of a learning curve, as Halo 4 is not very similar to the previous titles, as far as weapon use and placement and engagement is concerned. Once you get the hang of it, you'll find yourself mastering the levels, especially on higher difficulties.

Thanks a lot for the tips! Will keep that in mind!

Campaign is the bees knees.

Multiplayer not so much.

This. Multiplayer is terrible, because it just devolves to someone sitting on the highest point and sniping. No skill, no strategy, hell not even twitch shooting. The SP was probably the most fun I had since MW2 though.

Multiplayer not so much.

I like multiplayer only because it in some ways extends the universe and the immersion of it. I'm mostly a fan of Halo for the campaign and the lore. MP is fine. Definitely not something to get so worked up about lol.

ElRenoRaven

Multiplayer not so much.

Yup. I loved the campaign. Multiplayer is just not for me. I prefer traditional COD multiplayer and the maps were designed around having the abilities so if you play without them it's pretty awful. Kind of like what happened to Halo with Reach and 4 with armor abilities.

Yup. I loved the campaign. Multiplayer is just not for me. I prefer traditional COD multiplayer and the maps were designed around having the abilities so if you play without them it's pretty awful. Kind of like what happened to Halo with Reach and 4 with armor abilities.

Kind of the inverse, I'd argue; those were built like regular Halo maps, which became ludicrously broken once you introduced AAs.

Top Bottom