• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Madness

"This gives the matches other focal points, and it also helps alleviate the advantage longtime players always used to have over newer recruits; the best weapons are not always going to be found at the same spawn locations."

We all saw how the above turned out with random global ordnance. That's why you always need to question additions to the gameplay and how they'll affect them. Time will tell what they're planning for BTB and other arena modes, whether Infinity stuff is returning. It's funny, everything they championed was slowly removed. Global ordnance, personal ordnance, join in progress, instant respawn etc.

"This gives the matches other focal points, and it also helps alleviate the advantage longtime players always used to have over newer recruits; the best weapons are not always going to be found at the same spawn locations."

We all saw how the above turned out with random global ordnance. That's why you always need to question additions to the gameplay and how they'll affect them. Time will tell what they're planning for BTB and other arena modes, whether Infinity stuff is returning. It's funny, everything they championed was slowly removed. Global ordnance, personal ordnance, join in progress, instant respawn etc.

Yep, it's pretty telling to think back to what Halo 4 was at launch, and then what it was by the time MCC came out.

The 180 they made trying to appeal to competitive players is actually pretty hilarious.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I recognize every poster in that thread. What happened to the neighborhood?
kSOlhdi.gif

Hubble

It will be interesting to see how close to Halo 5 Blops 3 will launch. I hate that Halo's population is completely destroyed by a yearly rehash of a dumb down shooter.

Especially when a lot of Halo fans will probably be like 'WTH' or puzzled at first while getting used to this new Halo game, that is not a Halo game imo, it sure will be interesting on how its population holds up. I know a lot of Halo players were pretty confused by Halo 5, which I thought was funny. Like anything, some will like it and some Halo fans wont, which can cause further division.

daedalius

Especially when a lot of Halo fans will probably be like 'WTH' or puzzled at first while getting used to this new Halo game, that is not a Halo game imo, it sure will be interesting on how its population holds up. I know a lot of Halo players were pretty confused by Halo 5, which I thought was funny. Like anything, some will like it and some Halo fans wont, which can cause further division.

Not a halo game? Wut?

-Ryn

Banned
Old Halo OT's are great fun

Sure hope we get some news soon though. Need some BTB footage ASAP.

Literally the day halo died.

Waiting on that revival. Tawp tells me it's Halo 5, yet I remain skeptical.
"The King is back"
-GameInflater

"Best Halo since CE"
-Pappy Gaming Weekly

"Semi pro tier butt sculpting"
-The Daily Gauntlet

"Next-gen dongage"
-ThatOneGameSite

"Better than snorting Baby Bottle Pop Powder"
-Some guy

#HalonotDad
#GOAT
#Weback
#DankFrank
#BUTTS

Calling it

MouldyK

I dunno if I'll be playing much Halo 5 at the end of the year but I know for a fact I'll be playing Battlefront.

Even if DICE guff up the launch like they did with BF4?

We all know both games will fall over at the gates.

a dark, twisted future where a new breed of Black Ops soldiers emerges and the lines are blurred between our own humanity and the technology we created to stay ahead, in a world where cutting-edge military robotics define warfare.

Guess we all better play some COD: Robocops.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Even if DICE guff up the launch like they did with BF4?

I was the lucky 1% that never experienced problems with BF4, at launch or in fact ever. No campaign issues, no server issues, no lag.

So yeah, I'll take my luck with Battlefront. If it's good, might even double dip.

Madness

So many HaloGAFers no longer around (not due to bans either - just due to Halo).

Those HaloGaferS live on though...

But yeah, you can just see the inherent difference in the community then. I guess that's what happens when you at least have decent and functional Halo games to play. Look at that page, almost everyone is still getting on to play Reach, nearly 2 years after launch. And yet, Ram had to basically close his tournament for Halo 4 due to lack of participation/inactivity. There was a glimmer of hope last year, with MCC. Even people who bought PS4's were pulled back in with Xbox One and MCC. And they were rewarded with not only the worst launched Halo title ever, but probably the worst launched game in the online era. Halo 5 literally is the last shot. People enjoyed it but there is this apathy as well. Will I get it, do I want it, etc. Like Elzar said above, probably more excited for Battlefront, especially because of Episode VII coming in December.

m23

I loved the old battlefront games but I'm remaining extremely skeptical for the new one. We haven't even seen anything from it yet and I'm really not interested in Dice games anymore. I hope I'm proven wrong but I remain skeptical.

Also, tps option or no buy.

Some choice quotes.

Just pulled out a Game Informer to compare paper size. It matches up.
Although while the mag may be real, I don't want to believe the info until I see high-quality pics of the magazine text.

This made me laugh real hard. Franklin PLS

At least we have Elites wearing T-shirts now, that's gotta count for something, right?

I keep re-reading that summary. Gotta be fake. Every possible thing they could do to ruin the game is in that post. It's like pro-trolling.

I like to think that if 343 really did hire Juices we wouldn't be in this situation.

If the news is true, 343i just managed to make Reach look good(something I thought was impossible).

If not, then I'll wait for legitimate sources again. Until, this is disproven I will argue against the points made in it.

They really did.

And it's hilarious. Frankie/343 has neither confirmed nor denied anything. I'll wait for confirmation before loving or hating 'wih the material' we've got.

I miss the Hydra v Over 'discussions'.

On the one hand, this sounds horrible.

On the other hand, the meltdowns are so amazing I can't help but admire 343.

Amazing, wasn't it?

And lastly...

There will be a podcast. Nerves will be soothed. Things explained. Items clarified.

I wouldn't worry.

Storm before the calm.

Fuchsdh

Somewhere I plotted a hype graph of HaloGAF from one of the early Halo OTs through the middle of Halo 4's lifespan. So many peaks and valleys...

Tawpgun

Dontbelievehislies.jpg

Yeah the Halo 4 GI leak was legendary. It was just ABSURD how bad everything sounded. So absurd that we all thought it had to be misinterpreted, trolling or something.

Just some absolutely BAFFLING design decisions.

I also like how some people defended these new design choiced "Wait and see" Classic.

I want to be pumped for battlefront. And there's probably no one better to do it right now than dice. But... The game is no doubt going to be rushed to release around episode 7, and that makes me scared for it.

Impala26

To all the HaloGAF folks who have even a mild interest in Destiny...

image.php

Xur is selling the SUROS Regime this weekend. I missed out on this in the early weeks of the game, so if you're in the same boat as me or simply need a damn good exotic weapon, now's the time to sign back on (before Sunday 2am PST).

Tawpgun

To all the HaloGAF folks who have even a mild interest in Destiny...

image.php

Xur is selling the SUROS Regime this weekend. I missed out on this in the early weeks of the game, so if you're in the same boat as me or simply need a damn good exotic weapon, now's the time to sign back on (before Sunday 2am PST).

its ight

I love how Impala went from hating Destiny to being sucked in. RIP.

Impala26

its ight

I love how Impala went from hating Destiny to being sucked in. RIP.

My hypocrisy knows no bounds... I have no shame...

Majoras-Mask-Moon-Consume-Everything.jpg

I'll be back when ODST drops, whenever there's a proper MCC Throwdown and of course Halo 5. No other games really holding my attention atm.

Mistel

Banned
I want to be pumped for battlefront. And there's probably no one better to do it right now than dice. But... The game is no doubt going to be rushed to release around episode 7, and that makes me scared for it.
That's my apprehension to it as well, I know there's meant to be some gameplay released this month so I'm waiting to hear about that.

Computer

How long does it take to implement a real ranking/true skill system in a game that was advertised to have at launch? MCC match making is unplayable due to the one sided games. This is why everyone quits out. I would never play MCC again if I was new to Halo getting matched up against level 50's. Its killing the population worse then then game not working. If the MCC was to introduce and gain new fans for Halo 5 it is doing the opposite.

Tawpgun

How long does it take to implement a real ranking/true skill system in a game that was advertised to have at launch? MCC match making is unplayable due to the one sided games. This is why everyone quits out. I would never play MCC again if I was new to Halo getting matched up against level 50's. Its killing the population worse then then game not working. If the MCC was to introduce and gain new fans for Halo 5 it is doing the opposite.

Except even in H2A ranking seems arbitrary other than being able to guess at an opponents skill.

Could be due to low populations idk

So that Halo 5 soundtrack in the other thread was pretty epic. Puts the H4 OST to shame. Yes it's THAT good and better. But it doesn't sound like Halo and it doesn't really matter.

Akai__

Whoever put Landfall H4 in Team Doubles, you suck. Get your playlist management together and remove freaking BTB maps from 4vs4 and 2vs2 playlists.

jem0208

Whoever put Landfall H4 in Team Doubles, you suck. Get your playlist management together and remove freaking BTB maps from 4vs4 and 2vs2 playlists.

Landfall is hardly a BTB map.

Maybe not perfect for 2v2, it's definitely okay for 4v4 or 5v5 though.

Madness

Yeah, that's one thing as well. The level of polish for the game is going to be interesting. Was it in development before Battlefield 4 launched? I know Amy Hennig of Naughty Dog was brought in at this time last year to work with Visceral on another Star Wars games, so who knows. Not only is Battlefront coming after a long time, but Episode VII as well. EA and Disney have the ability to deliver a 1-2 punch here. Hype the hell out of the game with the movie, and then also have the gamers play and be hyped for the movie.

Ghost Town is in BTB. Though I actually quite enjoy it. Blood Line is in team slayer which is annoying, always hated Valhalla/Blood Gulch 4v4.

Judging by what they did in Battlefield Hardline... My excitement has quickly evaporated. :(

Even if someone send me a copy of Destiny with a season pass code and 100$ I would return it asap.
Whar snippets we've heard from the Halo 5 OST so far is some truly fantastic stuff.
Believe in Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi is formerly Konami and worked on Metal Gear, Konami music team never disappoints.

Landfall is hardly a BTB map.

Maybe not perfect for 2v2, it's definitely okay for 4v4 or 5v5 though.

Yeah it's not a btb map at all. But I can certainly see why people wouldn't want it in 2v2. A teammate of mine and myself grabbed saw and rockets and simply pushed into shotgun room killing the poor bastard. After that it's simply holding a room down with the lead/power weapons

It's funny I'm all for motion tracker, I love it in most every game type...excluding doubles. I've won against my constant teammates in double custom games simply by disappearing off radar and in doubles it's just too easy to camp and make the losing team come to you. In rumble pit or standard slayer it's very helpful and Haloish but in doubles the issues with having a motion tracker (that everyone around here complains about) become glaringly obvious.

Top Bottom