• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Man HCS needs to switch to a professional sports type scenario where player trades, transfers, etc. only happen in set windows (during the season) or in the offseason. Every tournament is like reading a changelog of who's on what team (or what teams are even named anymore).

Agreed. Just work it into the team contracts that your roster is fixed for the season, barring injuries.

Thank the Lord they're fixing H3 in the next update. Need MLG gametypes in Team Hardcore ASAP.

Unrelated: My XB One stereo headset adapter stopped working a couple weeks ago. I isolated the problem to the 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm converter jack, it's completely short circuited now. I'm not spending another £20 on another stereo adapter when I resented having to pay it the first time. Anyway, I contacted MS support to see if they recommend a 3rd party cable because they don't sell it individually. They don't and told me any 2.5 to 3.5 would be fine. So I bought one and audio comes through but my mic isn't registering. I anticipated this due to amazon reviews. The MS rep said that it's a common issue and refreshing NAt settings solves it (I think that was BS). Sooooooooooooooo

Does anyone know of a 3rd party cable that actually works with the stereo headset adapter?

It's

xboxone%20stereo%20headset%20adapter-800x785_zpstoz6y5n5.jpg

that cable there.

What if you're the manager and one player is heavily underproducing? There isn't a pool of players to choose from on each team like professional sports, so it may be difficult to wait that long if your team is getting trounced.

Akai__

Does this actually mean people will quit less?

Doubt it.

I'm not sure if people will just leave permamently, rather than not quitting anymore.

Why would you release the full patch notes before something has gone live? Things are still potentially subject to change.

The patch is maybe releasing tomorrow, if I understood correctly. If that's the case, it went through the certification process and they are not allowed to make any other changes to it. Otherwise, they would have to go through the certification process again.

EA/DICE are posting crazy detailed patch notes, as soon as they submit the patch to certification. Just saying.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Thank the Lord they're fixing H3 in the next update. Need MLG gametypes in Team Hardcore ASAP.

Unrelated: My XB One stereo headset adapter stopped working a couple weeks ago. I isolated the problem to the 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm converter jack, it's completely short circuited now. I'm not spending another £20 on another stereo adapter when I resented having to pay it the first time. Anyway, I contacted MS support to see if they recommend a 3rd party cable because they don't sell it individually. They don't and told me any 2.5 to 3.5 would be fine. So I bought one and audio comes through but my mic isn't registering. I anticipated this due to amazon reviews. The MS rep said that it's a common issue and refreshing NAt settings solves it (I think that was BS). Sooooooooooooooo

Does anyone know of a 3rd party cable that actually works with the stereo headset adapter?

It's

that cable there.

I use this one for my PX4s, should do the trick http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HS5FETM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Man HCS needs to switch to a professional sports type scenario where player trades, transfers, etc. only happen in set windows (during the season) or in the offseason. Every tournament is like reading a changelog of who's on what team (or what teams are even named anymore).

We do! This is the first event of the new Season so that's why there were so many changes beforehand. We have set transfer periods during the season where team changes must take place.

daedalius

We do! This is the first event of the new Season so that's why there were so many changes beforehand. We have set transfer periods during the season where team changes must take place.

Will you bring back ricochet next season? I really wanted to see that in HCS!

Tawpgun

Soooooo any word on getting halo 3 updated
Maps? Fixing initial spawns on h2c?

Happy for ranking though. Who wants to dong to 50?

RowdyReverb

My fear is that my whole team will quit and I'll be the 1 in a 4v1 and be unable to quit without penalty even though the match is no longer fun for all involved.

Kibbles

I hope the quit penalites are smart enough to not count against you when you get booted from the game (idk if it's just shit servers or cheaters), happens all the time to one of us when playing 4s with my friends. Drag my xbone and monitor there all the time... please announce a slim bone at e3.

It's not that we don't want the AR on spawn, we just don't want spawn without a BR. The AR is not competitive against stronger weapons so in an AR start game type when one team gets map control and control of the power weapons it is almost impossible for the other team to come back when they're spawning with a weapon that just isn't good.

Speaking of AR starts: I tried playing doubles last night with a friend and every game except one was AR/SMG starts. Why? Why would you do this 343?

I can totally understand that. But as long as we're given both it should appease everyone. As much as I prefer infinity slayer in 4 over legendary the AR/BR starts are the best way to start. If they would have left in only the thruster armor ability and no other AAs it'd be the definitive game type for me.

Edit: which is pretty much what I saw Halo 5 was giving us. I thoroughly enjoyed the way the beta felt.

willow ve

So there are transfer windows?

Just feels like it's mass chaos (probably due to the "season" only being 3 events outside the online tourney / which I didn't even know was a thing until just now today)

Anyway - nice to see Halo back in any sort of organized esports with cash on the table.

Leyasu

Banned
I'm not sure if people will just leave permamently, rather than not quitting anymore.

The patch is maybe releasing tomorrow, if I understood correctly. If that's the case, it went through the certification process and they are not allowed to make any other changes to it. Otherwise, they would have to go through the certification process again.

EA/DICE are posting crazy detailed patch notes, as soon as they submit the patch to certification. Just saying.

They wont release patch notes because they want people seeing what still needs fixing. Plus what they are covering up.

I have now given up on this fucking mess. My last three games were laggy, finding new host abortions. To say that I am salty about it is being nice

Kssio_Aug

It seems theyre gonna release the update next week, not tomorrow:

"Over the past few weeks, the team has been cranking away on the upcoming April update, which has now entered the certification process and is on track for release next week."

It seems theyre gonna release the update next week, not tomorrow:

"Over the past few weeks, the team has been cranking away on the upcoming April update, which has now entered the certification process and is on track for release next week."

Ahh. Well if I've learned anything that means it'll be out next month. Maybe Halo 4 will get playlists by the time 5 comes out.

Any updates on odst or relic?

VinFTW

Eh, I don't think it's too slow but the maps need to forged to make throws less insane.

It just doesn't work for a game like H2A. The excitement with Ricochet/Uplink is the "interceptions" and big plays. You can't have that in H2A, it's too calculated and slow for any sort of excitement.

Might as well play Extraction or... Assault.

The throw distance is absolutely insane in H2A as well, there are at least a half-dozen videos showing that you can pick up the ball off spawn, turn around, and chuck it into the goal. Lowering the throw distance would help, but I still couldn't see it playing that much different from the other gametypes or even playing well at all.

Kssio_Aug

Ahh. Well if I've learned anything that means it'll be out next month. Maybe Halo 4 will get playlists by the time 5 comes out.

Any updates on odst or relic?

Not as far as I know. :(

But I believe the update may indeed be released next week, except it doesnt pass certification. Hopefully the penalty system will make things better, cause quitters are really overdoing it.

Would be great if there was a Ricochet playlist with 3 different settings to vote for to test these things out. Maybe even a CGB for people to easily test with others.

Hopefully one day.

daedalius

It just doesn't work for a game like H2A. The excitement with Ricochet/Uplink is the "interceptions" and big plays. You can't have that in H2A, it's too calculated and slow for any sort of excitement.

Might as well play Extraction or... Assault.

The throw distance is absolutely insane in H2A as well, there are at least a half-dozen videos showing that you can pick up the ball off spawn, turn around, and chuck it into the goal. Lowering the throw distance would help, but I still couldn't see it playing that much different from the other gametypes or even playing well at all.

Halo 5 BETTER have ricochet! With all the additional mobility options, Ricochet really should be amazing.

I wish there was a playlist for it in MCC.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Random thought: I really hope Halo 5 isn't as buggy when it comes to LANs as Halo 4 was. I'd love to run some LANs in Portland again.

I use this one for my PX4s, should do the trick http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HS5FETM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hey thanks for the reply. the cable I need is the male/female 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm. It comes with the stereo headset adapter, the one that lets you use Turtle Beach's with a 2.5 mm jack. It's frustrating because you need the adapter to use a headset with an Xbox one and it costs 20 quid. Because of a cable which costs 59p on Amazon (but for some reason the mic doesn't work with it) not working I probably have to spend another £20 to make a £35 headset work on an Xbox one. So £40 just to make it compatible. Complete joke.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So there are transfer windows?

Just feels like it's mass chaos (probably due to the "season" only being 3 events outside the online tourney / which I didn't even know was a thing until just now today)

Anyway - nice to see Halo back in any sort of organized esports with cash on the table.

Yes, there are transfer windows but I don't know the dates off hand. There are 3 for this season.

I hate to nit pick but no objective playlist yet? It's all I ever want to play; CTF, bomb & ricochet specifically.

Ugh, I'm so over slayer.

#PlayerSearchToggles

The Force Awakens trailer just gave me chills. That's how you cater to a fanbase right there ladies and gentlemen.

"Chewie, we're home."
I hate to nit pick but no objective playlist yet? It's all I ever want to play; CTF, bomb & ricochet specifically.

Ugh, I'm so over slayer.

#PlayerSearchToggles
Could use an Objective playlist by now. Surprised there hasn't been one yet, all things considered. Maybe it has to do with the population?

Tawpgun

Can betrayal penalties be adjusted by game?

Cause CE got a shitton of betrayals from the vehicles and the grenade nukes being thrown and deflected everywhere

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'd love an Objective playlist. An hopefully this doesn't need to be said, but with BR starts.

They already stated OBJ playlist was coming, just not when and if it's going to be ranked or not. I vote ranked objective with WAY less fringe OBJ gametypes and give it a real solid core of CTF/assault/ricochet. Oddball can stay in HCS or other hardcore votes and pretty much all other gametypes can be left with low vote variant weighting and in other playlists e.g. dominion stays in BTB and crazy king stays in HCS.

Halo 4 CTF playlist remained somewhat popular for its entire life, even despite the launch variants and declining population, let us learn from that. Reach missed ranked objective and literally killed the population for OBJ, if you ask me. Halo 3 ranked OBJ died a slow death at late/end of life. IMO there are tons of mid to high level OBJ players/teams that are itching for a clean skilled OBJ playlist that is ranked.

jem0208

I really wish they'd tried something different with matchmaking in the MCC, it's pretty clear that playlists aren't ideal for a game of this size.

I think it would have been pretty cool if you just applied filters to the match making system, then the game matched you with people who have matching filters.

So say you want to play CE or 3, you'd be matched with anyone who has CE or 3 filtered. You could filter by gametype as well, so if you wanted to play only CTF but on any game you would match anyone who had CTF as one of their filters.

For those who didn't want to mess around with a bunch of options, you could have faux playlists which apply auto filters for you, however you'd still be matching with the entire population, not just those who selected that playlist.

Obviously this probably wouldn't work considering it's the MCC I'm talking about, but I think it would have been a better system. You'd be guaranteed to play what you want. I'd imagine it would be faster as well because you'd have a greater pool of people to match with unless you were extremely specific.

Edit: damn, Beyond is a salty, salty place.

Madness

Anyone know if you can send defective battery packs in? I bought it in June on sale with a play and charge kit. Got my Xbone in October with Sunset, didn't really play till MCC. Halo 5 beta is all I really played and haven't played much after.

Since day one, it wouldn't hold a charge. It's not the wires, it's note the controller, AA batteries work fine, but I've maybe charged the thing less than 10 times but within maybe 4 minutes of showing me a full charge it says batteries are low and shuts off. I don't want to waste money on another overpriced play and charge etc. It's probably well out of warranty for an accessory right?

I agree filters/toggles are a far better system for MCC. At this point I assume technical reasons or time constraints limited 343i development choices here.

The current lack of actually playing what you want by choice is a major contributor to why so many teams and parties quit. It has been a major issue for Halo matchmaking for years now.

Let gamers choose through toggles then apply playlists/vote options dynamically.

Top Bottom