• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

I'm party posting just to get away from those god awful, page slowing gifs.

Spartan Strike is pretty cool. An improvement over everything in Spartan Assault. And no microtransactions! Whoopie!

Is it a new page yet?

jem0208

I'm party posting just to get away from those god awful, page slowing gifs.

Spartan Strike is pretty cool. An improvement over everything in Spartan Assault. And no microtransactions! Whoopie!

Is it a new page yet?
I'll help out.

Is anyone planning on making a thread for the Atlanta tournament?

3gjXuU3.gif

Fuchsdh

There's got to be a browser extension or Scriptmonkey option so people can hide GIFs like on mobile.

Also, they've been having giveaways on Twitter for Spartan Strike so if you wanna snag a free copy you should be over there.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I'm not too concerned about H5. 343 knows they can't screw this one up, it's a much more simple task than the MCC and the beta ran pretty well.
And Halo 4's launch was okay, if I remember right.

daedalius

Yup. And I'm definitely worried about that with Halo 5, lol.

Well admittedly, we have a lot more information about how 5 plays than we did 4 pre-release.

We've actually played it! Personally I thought the beta, from how it played, was pretty great. Although I hope they tweak the pistol; I couldn't hit shit with that thing, and I love the handcannons in Destiny.

Impala26

Well admittedly, we have a lot more information about how 5 plays than we did 4 pre-release.

We've actually played it! Personally I thought the beta, from how it played, was pretty great. Although I hope they tweak the pistol; I couldn't hit shit with that thing, and I love the handcannons in Destiny.

Personally think the H5 Pistol needs a buff either in terms of damage or scope magnification. Pick one and it's a golden sidearm in my book.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Call me cynical, but I fully expect at least one weapon / vehicle to be in dire need of a rebalancing at launch. But it'll probably be a minor issue.

daedalius

Personally think the H5 Pistol needs a buff either in terms of damage or scope magnification. Pick one and it's a golden sidearm in my book.

Agree. Though I think I'd lean towards the damage so its more useful at a variety of ranges.

Also M6D power weapon, we need it!

jem0208

Definitely needs a buff though.

Changing the red reticule range would be the best change imo. Good way of buffing it without making it too powerful at range.

Tomash

Because ADS has moved to Halo 5...

...#HaloIsBattlefield

Black Ops 3 might also have accurate hip-fire because of futuristic weapons with low recoil + cyborg's robotic arm + HUD(Robocop helmet). Also, you being a cyborg/half-robot could mean you have more health, and included Stalker perk for fast movement while ADSing.

Unintentionally, Guardians and Black Ops 3 could end up being more similar to each other than Halo 4 and older CoDs were(in gameplay). Advanced Warfare and Guardians already share many movement options: dash, slide, clamber, ground pound, sprint. BO3's cybernetics now allow for many other things to become similar.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
In this next April CU...if the Halo CE lag stutter doesn't get fixed...I think im officially finished with this game. It's unfortunate I can't get a refund for it since I bought it digitally :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Apologies if the Gifs were a bit much but last night 80% of the games I played ended up screwing up.

The ones that didn't were mostly fun, including a really close CTF game on Valhalla, but overall the experience was pretty terrible and not particularly acceptable at all in 2015.

RowdyReverb

In this next April CU...if the Halo CE lag stutter doesn't get fixed...I think im officially finished with this game. It's unfortunate I can't get a refund for it since I bought it digitally :(
Is it that severe for you? I've seen a few stutters every once in a while, but they haven't been frequent enough to make a difference for me, and we're both in Houston if I recall so our ping should be similar. Maybe you just play more CE than I do, so I haven't noticed it as much. Is it happening in every CE match for you?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've been having a blast with MCC. Occasional disconnects and rampant quitters are my only big complaints.

Shame, any videos of what you're talking about?
I've been having a blast with MCC. Occasional disconnects and rampant quitters are my only big complaints.
Yeah, emphasis on the quitters and lack of interesting matches because most people don't communicate, don't care about teamwork or just aren't too great at the game.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Is it that severe for you? I've seen a few stutters every once in a while, but they haven't been frequent enough to make a difference for me, and we're both in Houston if I recall so our ping should be similar. Maybe you just play more CE than I do, so I haven't noticed it as much. Is it happening in every CE match for you?

Since the March...or latest update, yes, every match of Halo CE.

You can add me on XBL: TTU VAPOR

Either I'm getting put into crappy dedis every single match...or the game is flat out broke. It wasn't doing this before last update.

Shame, any videos of what you're talking about?

Yeah, emphasis on the quitters and lack of interesting matches because most people don't communicate, don't care about teamwork or just aren't too great at the game.

I'll try to do more Twitch to show it.

http://www.twitch.tv/ttuvapor

Played some. Some of the matches just ended randomly in a draw for no reason.....

And each game there was lag stuttering. My channel should have rebroadcast where you can see it.

http://www.twitch.tv/ttuvapor/profile/past_broadcasts

Kssio_Aug

Yeah, quitters are really annoying, but the game is a blast! I may never had so much fun in a online competitive game before MCC! Loving it!

Top Bottom