• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

I think there might be a limit to the number of clips you can have or something so maybe it's deleting the older ones to make space for the clips you're recording now.

clips are always there if you "save" them. "xbox record that" only holds a certain amount but if you save them they will always be there.

Almost two months...that's crazy. You can tell they have slowed down. At some point, MCC will probably be left on the back burner, and all hands on deck for Halo 5.

The last MCC update is probably around E3 with ODST and Relic. I dont think that both will make it until E3 aka Spring.

Omni

Chief's last missions are actually my favourite in Halo 2. Gravemind is awesome
Clips you record on Xbox die after a while right? Can't seem to get any of my Halo 5 clips back :(
Yup. You have to make sure to save them.

Though I haven't noticed any of my clips disappearing. How long does it take?

dwells

By the way, I was at Houston's 94.5 FM the Buzz, Buzzfest 33 on Saturday. Breaking Benjamin was one of the bands and they played the Halo song...and my god it was amazing and gave a feeling of chills...that song brought back so many memories.

Blow me Away.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blow_Me_Away
It's "Breaking Benjamin" the same way "Guns and Roses" is - it's the lead singer being fussy and starting an all new band but keeping the same name. It's too bad, I actually liked a lot of their stuff and listened to them for a while.

Almost two months...that's crazy. You can tell they have slowed down. At some point, MCC will probably be left on the back burner, and all hands on deck for Halo 5.
It's pretty clear they're abandoning the game. They've done a little bit of work, but for the most part they took the money and ran. How anyone can continue to defend and support this company is absolutely beyond me.

That said, hopefully the most recent patch drops soon. I know the game is a hot mess, but I would like to get some use out of it and grind for a 50 anyway. You know, one of the things I bought the game for nearly half a year ago.

That said, hopefully the most recent patch drops soon. I know the game is a hot mess, but I would like to get some use out of it and grind for a 50 anyway. You know, one of the things I bought the game for nearly half a year ago.

its literally the only features ive wanted since november, in april.

even matches dictated by rank with controls for quitters. thats it. thats all.

dwells

its literally the only features ive wanted since november, in april.

even matches dictated by rank with controls for quitters. thats it. thats all.
I hear you. The numbered ranking system in Halo 2 always brought out the smack-talking, angry, hyper competitive side of people and led to some pulse-pounding matches. I loved it and I want to relive it.

Clips you record on Xbox die after a while right? Can't seem to get any of my Halo 5 clips back :(

I just lost a bunch of videos including the Halo 5 ones, what really sucks is it pruned videos from my showcase, you would think those would be tagged to save, but apparently not. The power of the cloud...

TTUVAPOR

Banned
there used to be a "connecting to server" message, some people have done network testing stuff to see if they are host, etc.

Im not sure though. I dont think 343 would advertise how often you do not connect to a dedicated server though, cause it never seems like i do.

Is there an explanation of why I can't hear my scope scoping-in and de-scoping in Halo CE?

It's pretty clear they're abandoning the game. They've done a little bit of work, but for the most part they took the money and ran. How anyone can continue to defend and support this company is absolutely beyond me.

This is why I refuse to pre-order Halo 5...not sure why people pre-order anyway these days, they're not going to sell out of copies.

I'm going to refrain from even thinking about buying Halo 5 till months into it...I want to see just how good or bad the game becomes.

Akai__

Cross quoting Josh Holmes from the other thread:

We'll be doing more episodes of The Sprint and showing behind the scenes progress across the game as we get closer to launch. Right now we're heads down on building the game and getting ready for E3.

I love behind the scene stuff.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Just for grins, I went back and watched on youtube, the E3 2014 Master Chief Collection press conference.

Some notable quotes from Dan Ayoub:

"exactly as it shipped 10 years ago"

"original engines, all running at 1080p, 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers"

-Ryn

Banned
Speaking as an observer; wouldn't you guys prefer that the update take awhile if it meant it would actually be as effective as possible? Lack of communication does suck but they probably don't have anything to say we don't already know.

This is why I refuse to pre-order Halo 5...not sure why people pre-order anyway these days, they're not going to sell out of copies.

I'm going to refrain from even thinking about buying Halo 5 till months into it...I want to see just how good or bad the game becomes.
Limited super editions

Though if you're just purchasing the standard game it really is pointless. Pre order "bonuses" I guess.

Akai__

Just finished the Halo 3 Annual Vidmaster Challenge.

The lag was incredible and even worse than on the Xbox 360. I did the Vidmaster more than 30 times back in the day and never had a slideshow, even while playing with people from the USA.

I hope they vastly improve the netcode for campaign from now on. There's games out there, which don't lag at all, under the same circumstances.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Speaking as an observer; wouldn't you guys prefer that the update take awhile if it meant it would actually be as effective as possible? Lack of communication does suck but they probably don't have anything to say we don't already know.

All I've ever wanted is for MCC to work as intended. If it takes them six months, or whatever...just make the damn game work as intended. Since I got the game digitally, I'm stuck with it...but if I had a hard copy, I would have traded it long, long ago. Then later down the road if they would have fixed the game, as intended, then I would probably pick it up used for a bargain.

Larger patches that fix things all at once are much better than nit-picky patches that only solve small issues and not the big picture. Battlefield 4 did this, they nit-picked their patches and waited six plus months to actually fix the core issues with the game. By that time though, people moved on.

https://youtu.be/5W03JH5Aql4?t=4m31s

"exactly as it shipped 10 years ago, on their original engines, all at 1080p, 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers"

So...

1. Exactly as it shipped 10 years ago = false
2. Original engines = false
3. 1080p, 60 fps = truth
4. Dedicated servers = false

Just finished the Halo 3 Annual Vidmaster Challenge.

The lag was incredible and even worse than on the Xbox 360. I did the Vidmaster more than 30 times back in the day and never had a slideshow, even while playing with people from the USA.

I hope they vastly improve the netcode for campaign from now on. There's games out there, which don't lag at all, under the same circumstances.

Oh yeah i tried to play halo 3 online coop today too. And holy shit. Wtf was that lag and stutter? Im sure it wasnt that bad on 360.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Stinkles commenting from bannedland

RLbFp23l.png

TTUVAPOR

Banned
ah, sorry, I was banned too...for 30 days for victim blaming in off topic, so I didn't know.

I'm promising myself to stay out of social issue threads over there...people take everything I say out of context, or I do terrible job of writing my thoughts.

ah, sorry, I was banned too...for 30 days for victim blaming in off topic, so I didn't know.

I'm promising myself to stay out of social issue threads over there...people take everything I say out of context, or I do terrible job of writing my thoughts.

You also occasionally propose nuking a decent size part of the Middle East.

I don't think it's entirely a communication issue :p

AlStrong

H2A doesn't run at full 1080p (closer to 900p in terms of pixel count) and all of the games have framerate issues, some of them being pretty severe. So "truth" is pretty generous.

Wonder how much they can change in the engines (SDK updates, engine optimizations, shader replacements, graphics tweaks etc) before it requires massive re-downloading of assets.

How bad is bad? IME, the lag could still be pretty awful with 3-4 players (single screen per player).

I was at a point to call it unplayable. My buddy that was host got this lags and stutter too which is really weird. But not as often as me, the offhost.

Ive played Halo 1 and 2 in Online coop without any issues. Halo 3 is really not playable in Online coop to me.
Not sure anymore about H4. But this was fine too if i remember correctly.

dwells

Stinkles commenting from bannedland

RLbFp23l.png
What exactly is his problem with me specifically? I clearly just said that I'm looking forward to the update and want to do the rank up grind.

Like, he's welcome to talk to me directly instead of prodding at me on Twitter behind my back for the second time.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
What exactly is his problem with me specifically? I clearly just said that I'm looking forward to the update and want to do the rank up grind.

Probably this:
Like, I'm not though. I'm upset with MCC and the way it's been handled, and I'm upset with people being seemingly okay with it. I've had an overwhelming negative experience with game I spent $500 on to play, and I've been vocal about it.

I like Halo. I really do. I've said positive things about Halo many times in this thread. I like discussing lore, technical aspects, competitive play, etc. on here. I've got every single Halo game sitting on my shelf and a whole bunch of Halo-branded stuff. I've traveled for LANs and events and have friends I talk to daily who I met nearly a decade ago through Halo.

I'm someone that really, really loves Halo and has been really, really bummed out by Master Chief Collection.

Top Bottom