• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Oh, do tell. Yes, I point out that the game is broken and that it hasn't been handled well. But I'm not a dick about it or the type of person who makes threats or any of that nonsense.

What's wrong with that post though? The majority of the words in it are talking about how much I love Halo.

i didnt think anything was wrong with it.

Oh, do tell. Yes, I point out that the game is broken and that it hasn't been handled well.
But I'm not a dick about it
or the type of person who makes threats or any of that nonsense.

Debatable but okay. You basically show up to complain about something that has been pointed out numerous times, and when someone responds, rarely if ever do you reply in a constructive manner. You're ProvenDeadly 2.0

What exactly is his problem with me specifically? I clearly just said that I'm looking forward to the update and want to do the rank up grind.

Like, he's welcome to talk to me directly instead of prodding at me on Twitter behind my back for the second time.

He told me he didn't like you, Kittens, Xand and Jello

dwells

Debatable but okay. You basically show up to complain about something that has been pointed out numerous times, and when someone responds, rarely if ever do you reply in a constructive manner. You're ProvenDeadly 2.0
I do feel the need to counter out the attitude of being okay with Master Chief Collection's launch, handling, and current status. My biggest fear is that people are going to either be okay with the game's state, stop being upset, or just stop caring at all. Something which seems to already have happened to a lot of people.

As it is, it doesn't look like the game will ever get to where it should be before Halo 5 launches, if everyone's so apathetic that they're okay with the game simply hitting a "whatever, good enough" milestone, then we're never going to see it fully fixed. Thus the fear - I want to see the game in tip-top shape and living up to what we were all hoping for!

People should be upset, there should be pressure to get the game to be a bigger priority and fixed sooner than. Nearly six months and still crashing and missing launch features is not okay, and not recalling it or offering a refund program is disrespectful to the fans.

At the end of the day, all I've wanted since this collection announced is for Halo to be the best that it could be and a chance to really relive the spirit of Halo 2 a decade ago.

Pez

Man, I have to say the uneven teams in this game is an epidemic.

I can't think of many games that ever end with even teams due to people dropping out midway through.

I didn't blame them during the first 100 days of the game being released, but I feel like quitting is part of the MCC's culture now.

343...the hell.

HTupolev

Ive played Halo 1 and 2 in Online coop without any issues. Halo 3 is really not playable in Online coop to me.
I haven't played a whole lot of online coop in MCC, but when I tried Halo 1, it was awful. Seemed like it was basically the same as the 360 version of CEA except that the camera responded immediately. But they didn't change the underlying functionality, so although it "feels more responsive", in some ways it's worse because it's hard to guess where your reticle actually is.

AlStrong

At the end of the day, all I've wanted since this collection announced is for Halo to be the best that it could be and a chance to really relive the spirit of Halo 2 a decade ago.

Maybe they'll announce Win10 version that's fully fixed/DX12/magic bbq water and Xbox players will get the same updates (requires new 80GB download). ;)

ETA: no earlier than August. :p

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Calling them out on their bullshit doesn't make one an ass.

MCC will never be what it was promised to be, that upsets him, which is fair. A lot of us have moved on or don't care anymore, as he points out.

im about at that point. this april update is my last straw. if halo ce isnt fixed then im done.

Madness

Frankie could do better than taking pot shots at people on Twitter

frankie2.gif

I hope this update brings meaningful ranks, and finally Halo 3 at least begins to get non-launch maps and is interested into the rest of the playlists properly.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I might actually break out the 'ole MCC this summer when I have more than 5 seconds of free time. LoL and the first few hours of Dark Souls are all I've played the last few months.

Does it actually work now? I'm afraid to even ask.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, let's chill, new Sprint episodes are inc.
http://i.imgur.com/ymU48Db.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
I don't even remember The Sprint. I stopped paying attention to Halo for most of 2014, so maybe it was around then. What was it?

[quote="Fracas, post: 161020261"]Does it actually work now? I'm afraid to even ask.[/QUOTE]
Good Enough™

But seriously, it's functional enough for me to enjoy. Quitters and AR/SMG starts are my biggest complaints.

Welfare

I don't even remember The Sprint. I stopped paying attention to Halo for most of 2014, so maybe it was around then. What was it?

Sprints were videos on Halo 5 leading up to the Beta. They were really well done and showed what went into developing the beta maps and Breakout.

Haruko

A pretty interesting look at Halo 5 multiplayer development leading up to the H5 Beta.

6 part miniseries on Halo Channel, and i believe it's now on Youtube

EDIT: forgot it was 6, not 5. oops

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sprints were videos on Halo 5 leading up to the Beta. They were really well done and showed what went into developing the beta maps and Breakout.

A pretty interesting look at Halo 5 multiplayer development leading up to the H5 Beta.

5 part miniseries on Halo Channel, and i believe it's now on Youtube
Aw yeah, I dropped out of Halo news around that time, too. I'll check'em out, sounds cool.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Good Enough™

But seriously, it's functional enough for me to enjoy. Quitters and AR/SMG starts are my biggest complaints.

I posted a gif wall a few pages back that clearly showed that my own personal experience is not good enough and the how pretty clear the game isn't properly functioning for the majority of times for me.

No amount of flashy Halo 5 marketing should distract us from the fact that they promised to fix the game up and clearly, for a lot folks, this hasn't happened.

A lot of people have moved on and no longer care. News sites have found better clickbait. Some folks still care, despite it all. Nothing wrong with wanting to play a game they want to play and paid for. They should not be called out.

Let's not start on the lack of playlist and map management for MCC. BTB AR starts and broken spawns, shield doors and bullshit from 2007. The lack of doing anything about that issue really is an insult to those still trying to play MCC.

I posted a gif wall a few pages back that clearly showed that my own personal experience is not good enough and the how pretty clear the game isn't properly functioning for the majority of times for me.

No amount of flashy Halo 5 marketing should distract us from the fact that they promised to fix the game up and clearly, for a lot folks, this hasn't happened.

A lot of people have moved on and no longer care. News sites have found better clickbait. Some folks still care, despite it all. Nothing wrong with wanting to play a game they want to play and paid for. They should not be called out.

Let's not start on the lack of playlist and map management for MCC. BTB AR starts and broken spawns, shield doors and bullshit from 2007. The lack of doing anything about that issue really is an insult to those still trying to play MCC.
Is there even a dedicated team for Map variants etc? I really dont get why they couldnt update most maps and gametypes so far. Yes there was this H3 issues, but this should have been fixd by the first patch and not by a patch 6 months later.

It feels like they have to code this gametypes from the ground up to work in matchmaking. It cant be right that it takes almost 1+ month to add a new playlist. And like you said shit like AR Objective gametypes or BTB AR gametypes should never be there to begin with. Its like they thought "fuck it".

Sephzilla

I hope this update brings meaningful ranks, and finally Halo 3 at least begins to get non-launch maps and is interested into the rest of the playlists properly.

Me too, I'd honestly like to pick up MCC again. My Xbone has a nice layer of dust on it right now. But that's not entirely because MCC was broken for so long, Bloodborne also happened.

That and I cleaned all of the dust out of my PC the other day when I put in a new SSD and some of it got onto my Xbone

Also, I just realized I haven't posted in HaloGAF in a while. Hi guys!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
More Sprint episodes:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160980061&postcount=557

Sprint videos:

Ep 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krQ3QHRDmKk

Total of 6 episodes, on the Halo Youtube channel.
I just watched that first episode and damn! So awesome. I'm stoked to watch the rest.

Yeah, and that's valid. I'm having some of the same issues as you and they definitely bother me, but they're not frequent enough (for me) to ruin the fun I'm having. 343 needs to continue fixing the game to win back their lost credibility, of course.

Booshka

So I guess MS/343 missed the 10 year April 18th Anniversary date?

The MCC dream is dead. Can't even meet the broken game deadline that Bungie did 10 years ago.

Impala26

Me too, I'd honestly like to pick up MCC again. My Xbone has a nice layer of dust on it right now. But that's not entirely because MCC was broken for so long, Bloodborne also happened.

That and I cleaned all of the dust out of my PC the other day when I put in a new SSD and some of it got onto my Xbone

Also, I just realized I haven't posted in HaloGAF in a while. Hi guys!

Welcome back Seph!

To recap what you've missed:

Salt
Arguments about Sprint
ProvenDeadly
found to be an alt and booted, woo
People Debating the Halo Competitive Scene
Mix & Wahrer Getting Banned for Advertising their Podcast
People Talking about Games That aren't Halo
Butts

Did I miss anything folks?

Sephzilla

Welcome back Seph!

To recap what you've missed:

Salt
Arguments about Sprint
ProvenDeadly
found to be an alt and booted, woo
People Debating the Halo Competitive Scene
Mix & Wahrer Getting Banned for Advertising their Podcast
People Talking about Games That aren't Halo
Butts

Did I miss anything folks?

So I've missed almost nothing is what you're saying

jem0208

Oh wait, Freudian slip... I'm thinking of TriStateTryHard.

EDIT:

Yes, that's pretty much what I'm saying...
Stay the course HaloGAF, stay the course.

Ohh, yeah yeah. I knew that one :p

Pretty sure ProvenDeadly is a Ragnarok alt though, so salty.

Speaking of which, what happened to Ragnarok? He returned for like one post then disappeared again...

Akai__

Anyone here done Halo:CE on LASO?

Not really. Just got the checkpoint from somebody else and did the last mission for the achievement.

That is lame.

Yeah, I don't know about that. I already speedrun through all games and I'm not willing to spent my entire lifetime on completing the game on LASO. Pretty sure H2 LASO is still considered impossible, because of Gravemind alone.

If anything is lame, then it's the devs who thought it's fun to add these achievement that feel like actual work. I bet they wouldn't even try to complete all these achievements on their own.

singhr1

Not really. Just got the checkpoint from somebody else and did the last mission for the achievement.

Yeah, I don't know about that. I already speedrun through all games and I'm not willing to spent my entire lifetime on completing the game on LASO. Pretty sure H2 LASO is still considered impossible, because of Gravemind alone.

If anything is lame, then it's the devs who thought it's fun to add these achievement that feel like actual work. I bet they wouldn't even try to complete all these achievements on their own.

It's called an "achievement" for a reason.

Nowise10

What. It was meant as a challenge to reward people who were willing and good enough to do it. Achievements are meant to add more to a game, to give people something to do. I don't even know why most games, 80% of the achievements are unlocked just by playing the game regularly. They are pointless and effortless. Just because you don't want to do it, doesn't mean its lame. Alot of people love the concept of a real challenge.

What is this 2006? Who gives a shit, dumb points for doing/exploiting arbitrary challenges in a video game. At least it isn't multiplayer, where it actually has an impact on other players experiences.

Seriously?

Akai__

Just because you don't want to do it, doesn't mean its lame. Alot of people love the concept of a real challenge.

No, it's 90% of the people who don't want them to do, so me abusing a glitch 343i doesn't even care about doesn't make it any worse. I bet more people would actually enjoy doing achievements, if they weren't this annoying.

And if you want a challenge, you can always play the game on LASO. You don't really need an achievement for it.

What is this 2006? Who gives a shit, dumb points for doing/exploiting arbitrary challenges in a video game. At least it isn't multiplayer, where it actually has an impact on other players experiences.

Completely agree. I hate how they make people get 100 Splatter medals, so people are not playing the objective but are trying to Splatter people the whole game. MP achievements are the worst thing ever, since they were introduced.

It's called an "achievement" for a reason.

Yeah, I bet you say the same thing, whenever a game requires you to grab 500 collectibles scattered arround the playable area...

Top Bottom