• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

I posted a gif wall a few pages back that clearly showed that my own personal experience is not good enough and the how pretty clear the game isn't properly functioning for the majority of times for me.

No amount of flashy Halo 5 marketing should distract us from the fact that they promised to fix the game up and clearly, for a lot folks, this hasn't happened.

A lot of people have moved on and no longer care. News sites have found better clickbait. Some folks still care, despite it all. Nothing wrong with wanting to play a game they want to play and paid for. They should not be called out.

Let's not start on the lack of playlist and map management for MCC. BTB AR starts and broken spawns, shield doors and bullshit from 2007. The lack of doing anything about that issue really is an insult to those still trying to play MCC.

Played for a couple of hours earlier, plagued with thoroughly, thoroughly unacceptable issues. Had two map load failures back to back (one after an interminable wait in a BTB lobby), then a game suddenly ends 10 kills in, then a 3v4 in H3 then a 6v7 BTB match in Ghost Town. This among one unplayably laggy game on Heretic, quitters everywhere, incessant double grenade glitchs in Halo 3 and the perennial sound issue which have never been mentioned by 343 to my knowledge.

We're almost at the six month point with the MCC and, looking back, I genuinely can't believe it happened. Like, in terms of basic empathy, how can you release a product internationally that is completely and utterly broken in pieces from head to toe. Not ONE of the ports launched without a cornucopia of critical problems. Audio drops, audio channel scramblings, non existent hit registration, exploitable launch maps, forge gametypes missing or broken. Campaign freezes galore. Saved Checkpoints auto deleting. Matchmaking simply not working. Custom games not working. The list of problems with the MCC is dizzying. 50 days since the last patch is S H A M E F U L. All hands on deck for Halo 5 though eh?

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I think you're probable done then.

I most likely am. I just got home from worked, hopped on HCE...found a match, lag stutter...I immediately turned off my Xbox. I just can't waste my available time to play games on a game that doesn't work.

By the way, anyone here in Halo GAF play Insurgency on PC? I just got a gaming headset with mic, so I can do comms now.

My steam id is: TTU VAPOR

I would love to play coop or multiplayer pvp with anyone that would like to play. The game is a blast.

Madness

What. It was meant as a challenge to reward people who were willing and good enough to do it. Achievements are meant to add more to a game, to give people something to do. I don't even know why most games, 80% of the achievements are unlocked just by playing the game regularly. They are pointless and effortless. Just because you don't want to do it, doesn't mean its lame. Alot of people love the concept of a real challenge.

Seriously?

Didn't you cheese the H2A achievements though? Like the gungoose air kills etc.

Haha, I get these achievements, but any time I can glitch or boost them, I will. Who has the time/patience to LASO or grind stuff these days. I'd rather turn off achievements altogether.

dwells chill, be honored that Frankie's giving you that street cred. I put on my resume how Josh commented on my motion tracker posts and now I have job offers up the wazoo!
Please SalientOne, think of the future generations of Halo kids. Molding them to have good awareness in multiplayer will go a long way to enhancing their experience. Select games these days are dialing back on how much they reveal on the minimaps/radars because of how focused people get on them, so throw us a bone here ;'[

Use this to your advantage.
1/3 salt
1/3 jokes
1/3 sincere commentary

the HaloGAF secret recipe
Truth.
Halo is so srs post-Bungie. ;)
You've been in the wrong crowds then. Bungie's been having turds flung their way since Halo 2 lol

I'm sure Frankie knows that we know this. He has to know, he's one of us.
im about at that point. this april update is my last straw. if halo ce isnt fixed then im done.
I experienced the lag stutters last night that you've been talking about. Doesn't happen too often for me, but damn can it be frustrating if you're getting this frequently lol. Sucks.. hope it gets fixed.

EDIT:
Frankie was content/community guy during Halo 2, doing the weekly updates etc. He probably dealt with tons of shit from CE guys who hated the changes.
Yup. He knows things. I have a lot of respect for Frank because he's great for the franchise and understands PR like the back of his hand (even his mistakes are deliberate, probably). Doesn't stop him from being a chill human bean.

Somehow, Frank has overcome The Flood and has yet to just say "Halo fans suck." The Flood in this case being all of us ;b

Madness

Frankie was content/community guy during Halo 2, doing the weekly updates etc. He probably dealt with tons of shit from CE guys who hated the changes.

is it happening?

neS5Og4.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, I can just imagine. I was on B.net back in the day but don't remember the discussion much.

singhr1

I had a feeling it would be. You'd get too many people complain that they bought the game after December 19th and that it didn't work until March etc. The number of post December buyers and launch buyers would be too small. I mean who will complain right?

But everyone who bought at launch did get boned. Full price and yet the game was literally unplayable until that December update 5 weeks in. Give me Reach campaign at 1080p/60 and I'm a happy man.

Lol, based on how long it took to port ODST you won't get Reach until after Halo 5. Especially because its a different engine separate from anything on the MC collection already.

King Leo

Neo Member
So it's safe to go for a legit 50 now? I've been itching to work up the ranks and have some competitive/fair matches since November.

◾All quits and betrayals are being tracked automatically, and action is being taken against offending players who commit these offenses more than what is considered normal behavior.

Still wondering what this means, since they actually won't tell us the penalty.

So, who is going to be the guinea pig?

RowdyReverb

So if I'm playing a game where most of my team quits, should I stay or should I go? Or maybe I'll just stay offline for a week or two while the quitters get their mysterious penalty so I don't encounter that scenario.

HTupolev

These relic screens are mostly just serving to remind me that many modern game developers have a morbid fear of horizons.

Might be just because I'm tired, I read it as ODST would be included in the content update. Maybe I'm wrong.
Looks to me like they're just saying the content will be published with the update.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm generally disinterested in replaying the Halo campaigns these days, but I'm actually pretty excited to run through ODST again.

First game I play in BTB results in a crash lol
HALO: CE
  • Resolved an issue that was causing off-host players to deal more damage than the host in peer-to-peer custom games.
Can't believe this was a thing. Anyone with the technical know-how able to explain this?

Nowise10

My rank is reset. wtf? And still no rank system for any playlist other than first

Based on these improvements and updates, we’ll be resetting ranking for Halo 2: Anniversary, and separately, will begin to roll out ranks to additional playlists soon (we’re aiming for the next day or so), starting with the addition of ranking to the Team Slayer and Halo Championship Series playlists. We’ll be actively monitoring the ranking system across these playlists over the next few days to ensure that everything is working properly before adding ranks to additional playlists.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...halo-the-master-chief-collection-update-notes

Top Bottom