• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Tawpgun

Still wondering what this means, since they actually won't tell us the penalty.

So, who is going to be the guinea pig?
I will. By accident of course.

There are a shitton of betrayals in CE due to the nades and the vehicle insta death touches. Doubt it's calibrated for that.

Also wondering if games crashing is considered a quit. What about dashboarding in the vote or load menu.

What if idiots pick SMG starts on bloodline. Is it my fault for quitting or 343's fault that map is in 4v4? Or that you spawn with AR's on h3 assault BTB

npa189

First time sitting down with this in months, hope this patch makes it a better experience. I miss halo, I really want to get back into the MP.

King Leo

Neo Member
Why is H2A still 5v5? Didn't they fix that? Why are we spawning in the building on Pit Stop? What is life?

On the bright side, ranks seem to be working so far.

BraXzy

I forgot to post about this when I noticed at the time but hey ho..

For whatever reason, in my local cinema here in the UK they play the soundtrack from Halo: Reach in the lobby. I didn't notice for a few visits since it's usually pretty busy and people are loud, and I'm not really paying attention to background music when buying tickets but..

I went in one time when it was pretty quiet and while waiting for some people my ears told me I was listening to something familiar, a few seconds later I was baffled and impressed at the fact of all things they decided to use that.

I can never remember a specific track, I always think to make a note of it at the time but never do. It was unmistakeably Halo: Reach though though. It put a smile on my face :D

It might have been this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ9QrQ1j4sU&list=PL500A12BF7B7E7318&index=1

daedalius

todays gamers are not used to ranked matches, therefore they quit all the time in games like cod, titanfall, battlefield, etc. to them theyre not bothering anyone.

problem is, mcc, outside of h4, is not usi g drop in drop out player matchmaking.

There is no JIP in any game in MCC.

Madness

I forgot to post about this when I noticed at the time but hey ho..

For whatever reason, in my local cinema here in the UK they play the soundtrack from Halo: Reach in the lobby. I didn't notice for a few visits since it's usually pretty busy and people are loud, and I'm not really paying attention to background music when buying tickets but..

I went in one time when it was pretty quiet and while waiting for some people my ears told me I was listening to something familiar, a few seconds later I was baffled and impressed at the fact of all things they decided to use that.

I can never remember a specific track, I always think to make a note of it at the time but never do. It was unmistakeably Halo: Reach though though. It put a smile on my face :D

It might have been this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ9QrQ1j4sU&list=PL500A12BF7B7E7318&index=1

Love the Reach soundtrack as well. Really shut up the Marty haters or these amateurs with no credentials who think they can put out better music. Marty's music is also one of the best things in Destiny. I'd love if he was brought back or involved with Halo again in some form.

I can still listen to parts of the Reach soundtrack and know exactly what I was doing in campaign or what was happening ie. Jorge death and I only beat it once. I could not do that with H4 even if I wanted to.

Ramirez

Love the Reach soundtrack as well. Really shut up the Marty haters or these amateurs with no credentials who think they can put out better music. Marty's music is also one of the best things in Destiny. I'd love if he was brought back or involved with Halo again in some form.

I can still listen to parts of the Reach soundtrack and know exactly what I was doing in campaign or what was happening ie. Jorge death and I only beat it once. I could not do that with H4 even if I wanted to.

Wahrer could outperform him in his sleep, don't ya know?

Karl2177

Listen up 343: The Gauss Warthog does not belong on any map. Infinity gametypes do not belong in matchmaking.

EDIT: Why does the "Delete all of this object" delete every type of every Warthog? I just want it to delete every Gauss Warthog.

Listen up 343: The Gauss Warthog does not belong on any map. Infinity gametypes do not belong in matchmaking.

EDIT: Why does the "Delete all of this object" delete every type of every Warthog? I just want it to delete every Gauss Warthog.

Literally knowing nothing about the programming involved, I would wager that that it detects an object "type" or class of object. Whether that is due to restrictions in their internal APIs or just "it was easy this way" style programming is another matter.

I played Halo for the first time in weeks last night.

It was fun for a few games. Then I died 7 times in about 45 seconds on the new Lockout remake thanks so the worst spawns in the world and got bitched out by my team as a result. The other team had 9 kills. I was 7 of them. I quit.

Have no desire to hop back on anytime soon.

At least the books are good.

Ghazi

Updated my game, first thing I noticed was the underscore at the top left of my screen. I see it's in Forerunner's screenshot as well. How did they not see that? It's not anything important at all, but still...

Welfare

Updated my game, first thing I noticed was the underscore at the top left of my screen. I see it's in Forerunner's screenshot as well. How did they not see that. It's not anything important at all, but still...

343 doesn't like to pay attention to the finer details.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I wanna see the receipts.

Alright.

Played about five matches of HCE. Three of them ended in quits from the opposing team. The last two, one of them finished all the way, and then the last one I quit out.

The lag stuttering is still there. When in a fire fight with someone, as they are strafing left to right...they are skipping back and forth...furthermore, when someone is running in a straight line....the are skipping.

I'm done with this game. I don't even care that the rest of it is going to ranks, and improvements...all I really cared about was playing HCE on Xbox Live...and while they accomplished that...the quality is garbage.

I think the entire 343 team who actually had a hand in the development of this game should be ashamed of themselves and should be embarrassed to call themselves game designers or even being someone that has a career in video games.

I can't think of any other product/company that could actually get away with releasing a faulty product and still be in business today.

EDIT:

Do any 343 guys actually think this: "hey...can we get some retail xbox ones and just set them up in an open area and connect via our work internet and see how this game plays out on regular xbox ones over regular internet?"

"maybe by doing this, we can replicate how the community plays this game and see what they see...?" "Thoughts?"

Ghazi

Anyone else have the problem with the medal flasher setting not working, like the medals will show up regardless of if you disabled them or not? Was hoping it'd be fixed in the update :(

Ghazi

Or the larger details or the medium details. Really the only thing they are looking at are their sales spreadsheets and release dates for their next payload from Halo idi..er "fans"

I think those spreadsheets are on Excel. Maybe you could give them a hand, juicers, since you learned all about 'em today!

Ghazi

Heh, was there a teleporter a little bit in the air in H3 Sandbox forge that teleported you all the way to the top of the skybox/map in the original game? Really funny to find that there.

All the audio is (was?) literally reversed. Stuff that should be in-front-on-the-left sounds behind-on-the-right. It's one of the most disorienting and annoying glitches in the whole game.

HOLY CRAP... wow...I've mainly done Halo 2 anniversary for multi, and just started 3's campaign... wow...that's terrible.

Ghazi

All the audio is (was?) literally reversed. Stuff that should be in-front-on-the-left sounds behind-on-the-right. It's one of the most disorienting and annoying glitches in the whole game.
Was this in campaign too? Haven't made it to H3 yet, glad it fit fixed!

dwells

Played another game of BTB, this time it was 7 vs. 5 and one of my teammates managed five betrayals within the first thirty seconds. Excellent.

EDIT: Game three, Avalanche Halo 3. I'm excited. Oh wait, map loading screen crashed to blank Game Over screen.

Back on the shelf it goes.

EDIT 2: Did a hard reset and decided to try again. Halo 4 BTB this time, map load crashed to a blank game over screen again. Can we get a debug console for SmartGlass please? I'd love to see what's actually going on here.

Top Bottom