• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah Reach was garbage but I still poopsocked that shit every single night with my bro franklinaut, kittens, the bregmeister, aggro and my boy gufushadow

Nowise10

BTB needs to be 8v8.
FFA needs to be 6 players.
Halo 2A needs to be 4V4.
I want to be able to play FFA with friends in Matchmaking.

Those are my last and biggest complaints for MCC. Hoping they are fixed very soon.

I played Halo for the first time in weeks last night.

It was fun for a few games. Then I died 7 times in about 45 seconds on the new Lockout remake thanks so the worst spawns in the world and got bitched out by my team as a result. The other team had 9 kills. I was 7 of them. I quit.

Have no desire to hop back on anytime soon.

At least the books are good.
Careful now, you're not allowed to talk about the spawns being bad in other Halo games unless it's CE.

Played a few games of H2A tonight, got to rank 5, and everything seems about the same. Still a lot of quitters, guess we'll have to wait a while for the penalties to actually kick in. Overall, it was decent though. Didn't have a problem with lag and even had a couple of good matches 50-49 and 50-47. I did get one black screen game though (that was the SS I posted earlier). Another match it frozen in-game for around ten seconds, thought the game crashed so I was about to reset, but it kicked back in and kept going.

Madness

So it's more of the same? Back into the box it goes. I updated but I just don't want to play it at all. Never thought I'd feel that way about Halo, even old Halo.

Yeah I'm not even getting into any games. Always like this when a CU hits.... Probably a good thing, considering everyone is at 1 so there isn't any even matches yet.

To be fair, CE's spawns are far and away the worst. I love the game, but the spawning can be downright miserable.
Balanced (at least to a greater extent than Halo 2 et al.) by predictability and fast kill times. What can the later games say? Spawn into two BR's and you're dead.

Also, let's not minimize the fact that 4v4's should not be played on a map like Wizard. CE maps were designed around 2v2 locals for the most part, so if people are complaining about spawns in the Team Slayer playlist, that's bound to happen way more often.

So trust me, I am more than fair with CE's shortcomings lol, but others aren't.

King Leo

Neo Member
I just can't bring myself to enjoy H2A. I hate that the BR literally has the range of a sniper. You can easily shoot someone cross-map with it. You can literally have BR battles across the two towers on Ascension. This results in stagnant gameplay. Nobody can roam the map without being melted from a mile away.

H2C's BR became fairly ineffective at a reasonable range, so it forced players to get closer to each other - this led to more fun and exciting engagements. I can't say the same for H2A. Most of the gameplay is just picking your opponents off at a far distance.

First game back after patch. Play H2A ranked. Party split into both teams.

Way to go, Tashi (and that douche Grizz).

Also, can confirm

Made improvements to voice chat consistency, specifically in team-based matchmaking games.

is bullshit. Not only did our party get split, I could only hear my party members that were on the other team.

Resolved an issue where a player may not hear another player via voice chat after completing a game.

Is also false. Also, our party exploded when the game finished.
FEELS LIKE NOVEMBER ALL OVER AGAIN.

First game back after patch. Play H2A ranked. Party split into both teams.

Way to go, Tashi (and that douche Grizz).

Also, can confirm

is bullshit. Not only did our party get split, I could only hear my party members that were on the other team.

Is also false. Also, our party exploded when the game finished.
FEELS LIKE NOVEMBER ALL OVER AGAIN.
Relax... it's still in beta....-wimper-

I like the part where the game doesn't load, teammates get kicked for no reason, and it crashes. Good thing there are quit penalties for "leaving the game for any reason" in this unstable-as-fuck game.

I like the part where the game doesn't load, teammates get kicked for no reason, and it crashes. Good thing there are quit penalties for "leaving the game for any reason" in this unstable-as-fuck game.

glad I ordered type-0 off of amazon then.

I really hope if there's gears remake of any kind that they don't royally shit the bed.

really upsets me that I'm going to have to wait till October (unless they throw out a second beta in the summer or early fall) to play a functioning Halo game with a sizable population.

Gilgapher

Neo Member
Hi! Just got approved for posting the other day.

Here are my results for first few games on the new patch:

First game: some of my party members went black screen and were kicked. I assume they were penalized for that. LOL

Second game: it was 7v6 ( this game STILL has team creation issues? Is this ever going to be fixed. )

Third game: it was even, then 2 people quit on our team, we then proceeded to get demolished. Basically everyone quit after that.

Sigh...

Why punish yourself? You know it isn't going to work, lol.

The game is still fun imo. It's just this shitty shell they've wrapped it in.

On an interesting side note, another ranked game ended prematurely (so that's still a thing). Team Ball ends when we have 199/200...

uurGIZd.jpg

Most people will likely be at "Good" reputation at the time of this post, but if you excessively quit, your reputation can be lowered to "Needs Work" or "Avoid Me."
"Needs Work" is your warning system, while "Avoid Me" will inhibit your ability to find people on any game across Xbox Live as well as your ability to use other functions (ex: Twitch stream).

the age of people quitting when it's not their favorite halo is done!

stay_mad.jpg

Yep, quit penalties are the negative reaction to quitters. Player toggles for maps and gametypes are the positive proactive approach.

The main reasons quitters quit are they didn't get what they voted for or they're ill matched and on a lopsided game. Quit penalties are great but it's not the preferred solution by design.

Madness

Wow, I'm all for punishing quitters and was for a quit penalty. But affecting your reputation and ability to find games across the system is ridiculously heavy handed. Wtf. How hard is it to punish your Halo playing ability only? You can't join another match until the one you quit out of is done, and you lose a rank. So if you quit out of AR BTB starts, you could affect your ability to find matches in Gears or Battlefront months of years down the line.

Wow, I'm all for punishing quitters and was for a quit penalty. But affecting your reputation and ability to find games across the system is ridiculously heavy handed. Wtf. How hard is it to punish your Halo playing ability only? You can't join another match until the one you quit out of is done, and you lose a rank. So if you quit out of AR BTB starts, you could affect your ability to find matches in Gears or Battlefront months of years down the line.

Yeah this is far too big of a punishment. If you quit a competitive game of CSGO, you don't lose the ability to play other games' multiplayer. Smdh

guess dashboarding and signing out are going to become a thing again, but in all seriousness this is pretty stupid. Once this gets out into the air people are just going to stop playing all together.

ultimota

i think its the perfect punishment, if you think its ok to ruin the game for others by quitting then you should also have the game ruined for you people need to stop quitting and the problem will be solved

Madness

i think its the perfect punishment, if you think its ok to ruin the game for others by quitting then you should also have the game ruined for you people need to stop quitting and the problem will be solved

It's the fact it'll tie into your overall Xbox One reputation and affect every game you play. So it goes beyond Halo: MCC. It's not about running your ability to play Halo, which I'm all for, it's ruining your ability to play Gears 4 or FIFA 17 etc.

-Ryn

Banned
It's overkill

Reputation does not go back up easily and it's a harsh punishment for quitting due to a flawed system. Games are supposed to be fun and being forced to play a Gametype you don't like is not fun. Granted it's no fun when somebody quits, but it doesn't retroactively ruin all of your future games.

Top Bottom