• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Weird how now that there's a quit penalty I've had like 3 games of Halo 2 in a row where at least half my team quits on me. Towards the end of the last game my screen went black in the game for no reason so I was forced to quit. The fun never ends with MCC.

Weird how now that there's a quit penalty I've had like 3 games of Halo 2 in a row where at least half my team quits on me. Towards the end of the last game my screen went black in the game for no reason so I was forced to quit. The fun never ends with MCC.

I've had that a couple of times too. It seems to be something around quitters and Halo 2 specifically.

Here's a video of it going black for about 20secs then returning to the game normally after that (skip to 20secs). My guess is it's a host migration issue, the audio stays in check but no controller/UI inputs are viable then when the screen restores everything is back to normal.

Omni

First game of Halo in a while. Decided to try the doubles playlist and got team slayer on Shrine. I know I'm rusty but... I couldn't even get a single kill. Team mate quit and as soon as I spawned I would get instantly killed by a sniper... eeesh.

oh how I wish BTB worked

RoKKeR

Sooo, why the hell is H2A Ranked still 5v5? Very annoying. Warlock and Lockout are clusterfucks.

Edit: Shit, top of page. It's actually working quite well right now.

Fuchsdh

Wait, have XB1 achievements always had their description listed when they pop? Just beat Halo 4 solo legendary and had never noticed that it gave the description of the two achievements I unlocked. Very helpful.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Wait, have XB1 achievements always had their description listed when they pop? Just beat Halo 4 solo legendary and had never noticed that it gave the description of the two achievements I unlocked. Very helpful.

This was an addition in one of the more recent updates.

That's been one of the new features introduced in the last dashboard update. Super cool little touch.

Granadier

How else would hungry grunts get their food?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

edit: NSFC (thanks Welfare)
YXSPoml.png

_

-Ryn

Banned
Pre Order now and get the exclusive NIPPLE 6 armor set

"Named for its defense systems notorious appearance, this prototype armor was issued in 2552 for use in high intensity special OPs. Using modified Forerunner technology, the suit utilizes 6 sensors which detect incoming stimulation and 'harden' the suits defenses within the affected area to compensate."

How else would hungry grunts get their food?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

edit: NSFC (thanks Welfare)

_
iD1pZaQMW5em4.gif

Computer

Played a few hours of H2A with 3 other friends. For some dumb ass reason it is still 5v5 so every single game we played the 5th person randomly quit out. Even when we were wining. Quit penalty not working so well.

Won nine out of my last ten games. I'll be 50 in no time flat.

Sick of playing the same maps. Played Shrine four times in a row. Got sick of it, so went to BTB. Now I played Coagulation three times in a row. Don't get me wrong I like these maps, but ffs there are over 100 maps and I keep getting the same ones.

I'm afk atm, don't even care.

I had a good run of games yesterday - BTB, Slayer, Halo 4. The only bad one was CE CTF on Infinity, mainly because everyone in the game seemed to unilaterally accept, simultaneously, that it's a horrible experience and just ran around in circles. Nobody could be bothered with it, and I don't blame them.

MysteryM

Warlock and Lockout are clusterfucks..

Warlock 5v5 with BR starts is the worse map by far for me in H2A right now, we could have had burial mounds or ivory tower, but given its Warlock it needs to be 4v4 with SMG start. It would help bring back duel wielding and give the opportunity to actually use the map properly. As it stands, a BR can just take you out from the other side of the map and you're always running for cover. Warlock BR games typically score massively to one side dependent on who has the better connections.

I can't agree with lockout, still as great as I remember it.

Warlock 5v5 with BR starts is the worse map by far for me in H2A right now, we could have had burial mounds or ivory tower, but given its Warlock it needs to be 4v4 with SMG start. It would help bring back duel wielding and give the opportunity to actually use the map properly. As it stands, a BR can just take you out from the other side of the map and you're always running for cover. Warlock BR games typically score massively to one side dependent on who has the better connections.

I can't agree with lockout, still as great as I remember it.
Warlock is terrible smg start. If you lose control of map, you lose.

Granadier

lol so you have a site?

More than one, but the one I'm using that gif on is just a CodePen that I was messing around with. And it's broken right now because GifMe's API is down. So it's just a page with that gif in the center with some text around it.

Boooooorrrrrrring.

Are they ever going to make it so you can see emblems in game?

Halo 2 is the worst. No idea who is who.

Can you read?

Tawpgun

Were you in the ivory tower game where he ended up on mine and my friends team? Bout an hour ago

I fkn dong on Ivory Tower. Love it.

Shoutouts to 343i for splitting Tawpgun and I and then making it a 3v4.

This is just one of those perception things for a lot of people. You're more likely to post a complaint rather than a good time. Makes people who don't really play MCC anymore ammo to claim its still unplayable.

So I'll post my notes and everyone can decide for themselves. This is all from last night.

BTB Playlist
Game 1: BTB Slayer on Sandtrap
-Fast matching, good connection, just some next level bad teammates.

Game 2: BTB Slayer on Sandtrap again
-fast matching, good connection, bad team again.

Game 3: BTB 1 flag last resort. Me, Karl, and friend party up
-one initial quitter on our team.
-enemy team was good and coordinated
-rest of our team quits after getting capped on the first round. Cool....

Game 4: BTB Crazy King Valhalla
- ASSAULT RIFLE STARTS (guess its King and Assault that have AR's in H3)
-We still donged though. So easy to hold hill with a BR and an inkling of map control. GG ar starts.

Game 5: BTB Slayer Headlong
-BTB Slayer is pretty boring stop voting for it please. Good connections, we still won.

Game 6: BTB Slayer (ugh stop) on Standoff
-Fuck yeah time to lay seige to the enemy team
-enemy team is actually good and coordinated
-cried for 15 minutes

Game 7: BTB CTF on Gephyrphobia
-wow this map is big
-control snipes control game
-easy win

Game 7: BTB One Flag Zanzibar
-Legitimately awesome experience. Good ol Halo 2 contesting. Classic map/gametype combo living up to its legacy.
-fun fun fun

Game 8: BTB Slayer on Bloodline
-BTB slayer zzzzz but we won

Game 9: BTB Slayer Stonetown
-zzzz still won.

(I saw a LOT of BTB slayer options this evening. More than usual. Weighting changed?)

Went into Team Slayer playlist now (tried to avoid this due to B A D T I M E S before.

Game 10: Team BR's on Highground
-Really fun, fast paced game.... due to the spawns. The spawns were really weird. We all kept spawning near each other, made the map feel small

Game 11: Team BR's on Guardian
-
Kreygasm.png
4TPdC6Q.gif
Kreygasm.png

Game 12: Team BR's on Gemeni
-Solid game, 3 v 3, midway through one guy on enemy quits.

Game 13: Team BR's Zenith
-Solid

Game 14: Team BR's Ivory Tower
-I fkn dong at ivory tower

Game 15: Team BR's on High Ground.
-Solid again.

Karl then joins back up. I tell him I've had some REALLY good times in Team Slayer. Lots of BR starts. So we search in it.

All AR Start Options and Halo CE Beaver Creek. Fuckin typical. We do beaver creek and
Shoutouts to 343i for splitting Tawpgun and I and then making it a 3v4.

What a shame.

Tried joining up again but my connection did weird things so I called it a night. Overall a solid MCC sesh. Wish I had more objective.

mcrommert

Banned
Having good luck with matches except a BTB with insane lag that was just funny in its stupidity

What was the explanation for 5v5 in halo 2 anniversary?

Haruko

What was the explanation for 5v5 in halo 2 anniversary?

It was originally made 5v5 just to get more people in working games, because it was the only ranked playlist and one of the few playlists period that worked semi-reliably before the March update.

Should be dropped to 4v4 by the end of the week i would imagine

mcrommert

Banned
It was originally made 5v5 just to get more people in working games, because it was the only ranked playlist and one of the few playlists period that worked semi-reliably before the March update.

Should be dropped to 4v4 by the end of the week i would imagine

Cool

And hopefully btb goes 16 soon too

Well, I just had a really strange game. It was on Coagulation, the player was invincible in a Banshee. I'm not talking about being good, he literary wouldn't die. He was in the same Banshee from the very beginning, even after it was fully damage, he still wouldn't die. Our whole team was focusing it but it didn't matter. I even got it with a sticky a few times and he still didn't die. He ended up going 25-0, I checked his stats at the end of the game because I was curious. He had some godlike stats like 15k kills and only 3k deaths.

So I have no idea if he was cheating, it was a glitch, or what.

Karl2177

Are they ever going to make it so you can see emblems in game?

Halo 2 is the worst. No idea who is who.

Agreed. MCC's player identity system is all kinds of messed up.

Also I'm still confused as to why Halo 4 doesn't have the option for Mark V, ODST, and Prefect; as well as the new weapon skins. The version MCC is running appears to be Halo 4 1.05 update now.

Game 4: BTB Crazy King Valhalla
- ASSAULT RIFLE STARTS (guess its King and Assault that have AR's in H3)
-We still donged though. So easy to hold hill with a BR and an inkling of map control. GG ar starts.
Pls fix mm, thx

Game 5: BTB Slayer Headlong
-BTB Slayer is pretty boring stop voting for it please. Good connections, we still won.
To be fair, it was either BTB Slayer on Headlong with 6 votes or Halo 4 Infinity Slayer with 5. I made my vote for not Halo 4. Shame no one voted for the Zanzibar 1 Flag.

Game 6: BTB Slayer (ugh stop) on Standoff
-Fuck yeah time to lay seige to the enemy team
-enemy team is actually good and coordinated
-cried for 15 minutes
I'd just like to point out, my roommate, you and I contributed to 86% of our teams points. If the remaining 4 people hadn't gone a combined -60ish, things might have been a bit better.

Game 7: BTB One Flag Zanzibar
-Legitimately awesome experience. Good ol Halo 2 contesting. Classic map/gametype combo living up to its legacy.
-fun fun fun
Best game of the night.

All AR Start Options and Halo CE Beaver Creek. Fuckin typical. We do beaver creek...
My roommate was telling me to vote ARs on Orbital :S

Top Bottom